Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: BCP with cat not working
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers BCP with cat not working Post 302948515 by RudiC on Tuesday 30th of June 2015 07:08:13 AM
Old 06-30-2015
What shell are you using?
What be the result of
Code:
cat <<-endOfCat | cat -vet
a
b
c
endOfCat

?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cat and grep not working

I am trying to cat a file and then grep that file for a number. I can do it fine on other files but this particular file will not do anything. I tried running it on an older file from the same device but it is just not working. The file is nothing more than a flat file on a unix box. Here is just a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jphess
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Cat command not working as expected

I've been trying to figure this out since last night, and I'm just stumped. The last time I did any shell scripting was 8 years ago on a Unix box, and it was never my strong suit. I'm on a Mac running Leopard now. Here's my dilemma - hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I'm... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel M. Clark
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BCP command or module

Hi All, I am trying to bcp in data file into database. now there is bcp command available in unix and another perl module Sybase::BCP is also available. Can anyone please let me know if there is any limitations of bcp command in unix. whichever is good to use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deei
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sybase::bcp

I am trying to bcp in using sybase::bcp perl module. I can find we can give user, pwd and server name in the parameters. How can I give database and table name? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bcp command help

Hi, When i execute a script in unix, the result i got is :: ./purgeErrors.ksh: bcp: not found What is the meaning of that output ? --- Aditya (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaditya
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bcp error

hi all, Getting error while working on sybase::bcp as below, DB-Library error: Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source field. Code is like, my $bcp_files = new Sybase::BCP $usr, $pass, $server; ---------- Post updated at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous update... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat command not working to display Mac file in Ubuntu

Hi, Recently I got a .txt file from Mac user. when I try to open it in my Ubuntu machine using cat command it is not displaying any content of file however I can see the content using vi. Anyone know How to see its content using cat as I have to process it in my shell script. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
4 Replies
gnomevfs-cat(1)                                                    User Commands                                                   gnomevfs-cat(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-cat - print a file to standard output using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-cat URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-cat prints a file to standard output using the virtual file system to access the file via a URI. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the file location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Cat a File From a Web Server example% gnomevfs-cat http://www.sun.com Example 2: Cat a Local File example% gnomevfs-cat file:///home/user/README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-cat Executable to print a file to standard output using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnomevfs-cat(1)