Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking NAT via iptables - Won't work!! Post 302948464 by alirezan1 on Monday 29th of June 2015 08:55:21 PM
Old 06-29-2015
Debian NAT via iptables - Won't work!!

Hi guys

I'm running on debian on a small embedded system. I have a ppp interface that is connected to the internet (and works). My unit also has wifi access point (which works and I can connect to it).

I want to allow connections to the wifi to be able to use the internet from ppp0 interface. So basically want to set up a router type system.
right now, when I connect to my device with my phone, I cannot use the wifi. But on the shell of the embedded system, I can ping, I can load pages, i can do all sorts of things.

Here is what I have set up for my IPtables:

Quote:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -i ppp0 -o wlan1 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -i wlan1 -o ppp0 -j ACCEPT

But i still can't browse internet on my phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Am I

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why won't this Work?

hey programmers! 1-why won't gcc accept as an argument? i tried the recommendations on the man page of getch(),..etc. nothing worked. 2-why it won't see <iostream> && <fstream> even if i implemented the function as follow std::cout<<"..etc"<<endl; 3-after i type this code in it gives... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbabeli
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iptables internal NAT with two public IP

Hello Guys, I have a debian machine that work as a firewall (iptables + squid 2.6) with two physical interfaces: eth0 (public interface) and eth1 (internal interface LAN). I have created an alias eth1:1 in order to have two subnets on same physical interface: cat/etc/network/interfaces auto... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sincity2006
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed won't work

Hi All, can anybody tell me what's wrong with this code? # SEARCH replaced by REPLACE #!/bin/bash SEARCH="95$$ 0 t" REPLACE="95$$ 1 t" for I in `ls *000.inp | cut -c-12`; do echo $I sed 's/$SEARCH/$REPLACE/' ${I}-000.inp > ${I}-100.inp done It don't replace the string... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
5 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Why won't the at command work in Mac OS X?

I typed: echo "echo hi > at_log.txt" | at now +1minute to test the at command on my terminal. I got the message: job 8 at Thu Feb 25 18:42:00 2010 I waited for a minute but nothing happened. I tried listing at_log.txt, but it said there was no such file. Am I doing something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

5. BSD

Install cd won't work

Hi! I'm sure that somebody here installed freeBSD from a download of a virtual disc (.iso). But I made 5 downloads of 5 differents freeBSD installation (and no one has worked).Can somebody tell me where to download and how (if needed) to prepare the cd? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxum
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Images won't work?

Hello, Images won't work on UNIX when I try posting them on my website I'm working on. It doesn't show the image, and it's simply erroring. Help! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yazan
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

NAT Loopback and iptables

Hello, please can you help and explain me. I have two servers. Both are RHEL6. I use the first one like router and the second one for apache. Router forwards 80 port on the second server and I can open that from the internet (mysite.com, for example). But I can not open mysite.com if i try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 6765656755
0 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

iptables in a NAT scenario

Hi, I am learning IPTables have this question. My server is behind a firewall that does a PAT & NAT to the LAN address. Internet IP: 68.1.1.23 Port: 10022 Server LAN IP: 10.1.1.23 port: 22 Allowed Internet IPs: 131.1.1.23, 132.1.1.23 I want to allow a set of IPs are to be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: capri_guy84
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Nat and packet limits with iptables

Hi all, I have a following situation: - I want certain source IPs to be natted to a different destination IP and Port. Following is how I am achieving it: /usr/local/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s 192.168.10.12 --dport 1500 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.10.20:2000 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmerin
3 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Openvpn nat and iptables

good day good people hi first to tell that firewall and vpn is working as expected, but I notice something strange. I have host system 11.11.11.11(local ip) firewall is blocking everything except port to vpn. I have vpn on virtualized system 22.22.22.22 (CentOS both host and virtual). ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: end
0 Replies
IPTABLES-SAVE(8)                                                  iptables 1.6.1                                                  IPTABLES-SAVE(8)

NAME
iptables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout ip6tables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout SYNOPSIS
iptables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] ip6tables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] DESCRIPTION
iptables-save and ip6tables-save are used to dump the contents of IP or IPv6 Table in easily parseable format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirect- ion provided by your shell to write to a file. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-save will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -c, --counters include the current values of all packet and byte counters in the output -t, --table tablename restrict output to only one table. If not specified, output includes all available tables. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-save. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-SAVE(8)