Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Job market in Seattle/Spokane? Post 302948411 by akbar on Monday 29th of June 2015 02:01:32 PM
Old 06-29-2015
Job market in Seattle/Spokane?

Hi All....

I'm a Canadian Unix sysadmin thinking of doing contract work in Washington State.

What's the job market like in Seattle/Spokane?

What are good job sites that Americans use to search for opportunities?

Thank you,
akbar.

Update: If you can recommend any better forums I can ask my question on, please recommend.

Last edited by akbar; 06-29-2015 at 04:38 PM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

SCO Unix on-site Tech in Seattle?

I have a client with SCO Openserver Enterprise ver 5.06 running on a Compaq Proliant ML350 G1 Compaq Tape drive 12/24 Gb DAT CD-ROM Floppy 80Gb? Ultra SCSI 2 drive Accessed with TermLite BackupEdge ver 01.02.00 Synchronics CounterPoint ver 7.5.1 RealWorld Accounting ver 9 The tape... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidanders
4 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

LinuxCon Seattle 2015

Only a little over a week until I head out to LinuxCon in Seattle. Anyone else attending this year? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gallavin
0 Replies
proto(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  proto(4)

NAME
proto - prototype job file for at SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
When a job is submitted to or the job is constructed as a POSIX shell script (see at(1)). The job file is created in as follows: o creates a header describing the job as an job or a job. jobs submitted to all queues other than queue are listed as jobs. The header is: for an job, or for a job. o A set of POSIX shell commands is added to make the environment (see environ(5)) for the job the same as the current environment. o then copies text from the prototype file to the job file, except for special variables that are replaced by other text: Replaced by the current working directory. Replaced by the current file size limit (see ulimit(2)). Replaced by the current umask (see umask(2)). Replaced by the time at which the job should be run, expressed as seconds since January 1, 1970, 00:00 Coordinated Universal Time, preceded by a colon. Replaced by text read by from the standard input (that is, the commands provided to to be run in the job). o When a job is submitted to queue queue, uses the file as the prototype file if it exists. Otherwise, it uses the file EXAMPLES
The following file creates commands to change the current directory, file size limit, and umask in the job to their respective values as they existed when was originally run. These commands are inserted before the commands in the job: SEE ALSO
at(1), queuedefs(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
proto(4)