Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Program Hangs
Top Forums Programming Program Hangs Post 302948331 by Meow613 on Monday 29th of June 2015 01:28:59 AM
Old 06-29-2015
Don -

Thanks. Incisive answers that provide help are greatly appreciated.

So, why is the inclusion of termios.h commented out .. That is not where
Code:
termios.h

is. It is here ..
Code:
#include <asm/termios.h>

If it works with minicom what are you using when it fails? scale9

What operating system are you using? Debian testing.

There are no return statements in scale9() I noticed that and added one, no difference.

not code that has been modified to spread comments across multiple lines. As I said in my post.. Note: All comment lines are on one line in the code.

strip the first character, which is a carriage return is not a valid C statement.
It is a comment.

I do not get any errors in running the program, just warnings on compile.

What terminal characteristics does the scale connected to /dev/ttyS0 expect? 9600 7E1

Please show us the output you get from the command:

Code:
ethan@meow:/var/www$ od -bc < /tmp/testfile.txt

I hope this answers your questions.

TIA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX Hangs

Hai I am new to AIX, currently in our shop we use AIX 4.3.3 , where we have hosted the websphere 3.5 applicaiton on it. The AIX server is getting hanged very frequently, when analyse we found the swap memory is increasing once it reaches the memory 100 the system is totaly in hung state, so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipin77
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sendmail -q hangs

Hi, I have a system where sendmail deamon not running. (And I have lot of jobs under crontab). But I have whole lot of sendmail processes started-up by cron process, eating up its CPU resources. (for a sample - see below) $ ps -ef|grep 248 root 248 1 0 Aug 12 ? 0:56... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
5 Replies

3. Programming

after executing execvp()... program hangs up

Hi , I m actually trying to implement pipes program,but after executing the execvp(),my program is getting hanged up :mad: Actaully i m getting the desired output expected from execvp()...but once results are displayed on the output screen ,program is getting hanged up values of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crab
3 Replies

4. AIX

telnet hangs

Hi All, When I tried to telnet to lparB from lparA, it hangs at "Escape character is..". I've tried; - killed -15 - re-started it - edit netsvc.conf, hosts=local,bind and hosts=local,bind4 - checked /etc/hosts for 127.0.0.1 loopback localhost - copy original inetd.conf ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fara_aris
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

6. AIX

sysback hangs

I've set sysback to run in the cron daily to backup my servers to a nim servers SAN storage. Every once and a while the backup process hangs and the backup doesn't complete. When I check the processes the sysback processes are still running hours after sysback would normally end. I don't see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

7. Programming

popen hangs program during cmd execution

How can I get around this? when my program reaches the following popen job it halts the program until the ping/netstat/ipconfig/traceroute is completed then resume to the rest of the program... FILE *in; extern FILE *popen(); char buff; char newline; char nstat; char nping; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP. ls and get hangs.

Hello I have a sftp problem. If I do sftp between some nodes that we installed it works fine i can list directories and get files. If I connect with sftp from the other side of a firewall (wich has port 22 open) I can log in and cd to which ever direcory i want i can do pwd but when i do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display a message if program hangs(takes too long)

I have a ksh script (script1) that calls another ksh script (script2). If script2.ksh hangs or takes too long to execute I want script1.ksh to kill the call to script2.ksh and instead just display "Script2 can't run right now". Could someone help me with coding this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Ftp hangs

On Oracle Linux 5, 64 bit (derivative of RHEL) ... I have a shell script that runs every Sunday, that ftp's a bunch of files from server 'prod' to server 'test'. Script executes on 'test'. This has been running for YEARS with no problem. Normally the FTP step takes about 1.5 to 2 hours. (pulls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
8 Replies
ttk::scale(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::scale(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::scale - Create and manipulate a scale widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::scale pathName ?options...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::scale widget is typically used to control the numeric value of a linked variable that varies uniformly over some range. A scale dis- plays a slider that can be moved along over a trough, with the relative position of the slider over the trough indicating the value of the variable. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -style -takefocus See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-command command] Specifies the prefix of a Tcl command to invoke whenever the scale's value is changed via a widget command. The actual command consists of this option followed by a space and a real number indicating the new value of the scale. [-from from] A real value corresponding to the left or top end of the scale. [-length length] Specifies the desired long dimension of the scale in screen units (i.e. any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetPixels). For vertical scales this is the scale's height; for horizontal scales it is the scale's width. [-orient orient] Specifies which orientation whether the widget should be laid out horizontally or vertically. Must be either hori- zontal or vertical or an abbreviation of one of these. [-to to] Specifies a real value corresponding to the right or bottom end of the scale. This value may be either less than or greater than the from option. [-value value] Specifies the current floating-point value of the variable. [-variable variable] Specifies the name of a global variable to link to the scale. Whenever the value of the variable changes, the scale will update to reflect this value. Whenever the scale is manipulated interactively, the variable will be modified to reflect the scale's new value. WIDGET COMMAND
pathName cget option Returns the current value of the specified option; see ttk::widget(n). pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...? Modify or query widget options; see ttk::widget(n). pathName get ?x y? Get the current value of the -value option, or the value corresponding to the coordinates x,y if they are specified. X and y are pixel coordinates relative to the scale widget origin. pathName identify x y Returns the name of the element at position x, y. See ttk::widget(n). pathName instate statespec ?script? Test the widget state; see ttk::widget(n). pathName set value Set the value of the widget (i.e. the -value option) to value. The value will be clipped to the range given by the -from and -to options. Note that setting the linked variable (i.e. the variable named in the -variable option) does not cause such clipping. pathName state ?stateSpec? Modify or query the widget state; see ttk::widget(n). INTERNAL COMMANDS
pathName coords ?value? Get the coordinates corresponding to value, or the coordinates corresponding to the current value of the -value option if value is omitted. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), scale(n) KEYWORDS
scale, slider, trough, widget Tk 8.5 ttk::scale(n)