Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Program Hangs
Top Forums Programming Program Hangs Post 302948328 by Don Cragun on Monday 29th of June 2015 12:57:31 AM
Old 06-29-2015
You do not have two programs. You have one program that requires compiling two C source files and linking them together into one executable object file.

What is minicom? If it works with minicom what are you using when it fails?

What operating system are you using?

What compiler are you using? What command line are you using to compile and link the various pieces of this program.

So, why is the inclusion of termios.h commented out when you are clearly getting warnings because you haven't included that header? And, why are you including asm/termios.h?

You declare that scale9() will return a floating point value, but there are no return statements in scale9() (so it can't possibly return a value).

There is clearly other code in what you have shown us that would generate compilation errors (not just warnings). (strip the first character, which is a carriage return is not a valid C statement.) Please show us your real code; not code that has been modified to spread comments across multiple lines.

The way you are setting options.c_cflag is clearly wrong, but I'm not sure how to correct it since I'm not sure what you're trying to do. What terminal characteristics does the scale connected to /dev/ttyS0 expect?

Please show us the output you get from the command:
Code:
od -bc < /tmp/testfile.txt

after you run your program.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX Hangs

Hai I am new to AIX, currently in our shop we use AIX 4.3.3 , where we have hosted the websphere 3.5 applicaiton on it. The AIX server is getting hanged very frequently, when analyse we found the swap memory is increasing once it reaches the memory 100 the system is totaly in hung state, so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipin77
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sendmail -q hangs

Hi, I have a system where sendmail deamon not running. (And I have lot of jobs under crontab). But I have whole lot of sendmail processes started-up by cron process, eating up its CPU resources. (for a sample - see below) $ ps -ef|grep 248 root 248 1 0 Aug 12 ? 0:56... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
5 Replies

3. Programming

after executing execvp()... program hangs up

Hi , I m actually trying to implement pipes program,but after executing the execvp(),my program is getting hanged up :mad: Actaully i m getting the desired output expected from execvp()...but once results are displayed on the output screen ,program is getting hanged up values of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crab
3 Replies

4. AIX

telnet hangs

Hi All, When I tried to telnet to lparB from lparA, it hangs at "Escape character is..". I've tried; - killed -15 - re-started it - edit netsvc.conf, hosts=local,bind and hosts=local,bind4 - checked /etc/hosts for 127.0.0.1 loopback localhost - copy original inetd.conf ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fara_aris
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

6. AIX

sysback hangs

I've set sysback to run in the cron daily to backup my servers to a nim servers SAN storage. Every once and a while the backup process hangs and the backup doesn't complete. When I check the processes the sysback processes are still running hours after sysback would normally end. I don't see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

7. Programming

popen hangs program during cmd execution

How can I get around this? when my program reaches the following popen job it halts the program until the ping/netstat/ipconfig/traceroute is completed then resume to the rest of the program... FILE *in; extern FILE *popen(); char buff; char newline; char nstat; char nping; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP. ls and get hangs.

Hello I have a sftp problem. If I do sftp between some nodes that we installed it works fine i can list directories and get files. If I connect with sftp from the other side of a firewall (wich has port 22 open) I can log in and cd to which ever direcory i want i can do pwd but when i do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display a message if program hangs(takes too long)

I have a ksh script (script1) that calls another ksh script (script2). If script2.ksh hangs or takes too long to execute I want script1.ksh to kill the call to script2.ksh and instead just display "Script2 can't run right now". Could someone help me with coding this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Ftp hangs

On Oracle Linux 5, 64 bit (derivative of RHEL) ... I have a shell script that runs every Sunday, that ftp's a bunch of files from server 'prod' to server 'test'. Script executes on 'test'. This has been running for YEARS with no problem. Normally the FTP step takes about 1.5 to 2 hours. (pulls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
8 Replies
BCPOW(3)								 1								  BCPOW(3)

bcpow - Raise an arbitrary precision number to another

SYNOPSIS
string bcpow (string $left_operand, string $right_operand, [int $scale]) DESCRIPTION
Raise $left_operand to the power $right_operand. PARAMETERS
o $left_operand - The left operand, as a string. o $right_operand - The right operand, as a string. o $ scale -This optional parameter is used to set the number of digits after the decimal place in the result. You can also set the global default scale for all functions by using bcscale(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns the result as a string. EXAMPLES
Example #1 bcpow(3) example <?php echo bcpow('4.2', '3', 2); // 74.08 ?> NOTES
Note bcpow(3) may return a result with fewer digits after the decimal point than the $scale parameter would indicate. This only occurs when the result doesn't require all of the precision allowed by the $scale. For example: Example #2 bcpow(3) scale example <?php echo bcpow('5', '2', 2); // prints "25", not "25.00" ?> SEE ALSO
bcpowmod(3), bcsqrt(3). PHP Documentation Group BCPOW(3)