Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO FATAL BOOT ERROR: Can’t load stage 3 Post 302948236 by jgt on Saturday 27th of June 2015 07:27:35 AM
Old 06-27-2015
I just read the Unixware 714 getting started guide.
An upgrade install is possible. But, it installs using pkgadd. You must be able to boot the 711 system in order to do the upgrade. This procedure is different to the Openserver 5 upgrade installation procedure, where you boot from the newer version CD and select the upgrade install.
For the fresh install (of 714), there does not appear to be an option to preserve non root file systems that are on disk 0. So if your RAID5 system is configured as a single logical drive with multiple partitions, you do not have secondary drives.
The RAID controller supports both SAS and SATA drives, although not mixed. I have not checked to see if a standard 2.5in SATA drive will fit in the carrier, or whether you have to purchase an HP drive.
http://sco.com/support/docs/unixware...t/getstart.pdf

Last edited by jgt; 06-27-2015 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: add link

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld: fatal error

dear all , iam trying to compile a progam using gcc compiler on a sun 280 R machine running solaris 9 . iam getting an error in the last step when the compiler tries to link the objects , although the compiler executes some applicarions that contains no objects smoothly, the error that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot loader problem - can't load linux

Hi i have both Linux and Windows XP on my PC. i used to use grub as a boot loader and everything was perfect, until i reinstalled Windows. apparently, Windows installer installed its own bootloader, that doesn't recognize Linux. i tried using a tool called GrubInstaller for Windows, and now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shx2
4 Replies

3. Programming

Fatal Error

Hi, I just pulled out my code from source control, then I compiled, the compilation is successful at that time. Then I modified one of the source file, Then I compiled, I got the following error ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ../../CM/bin/cato Before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot-up failure: (Can't load swapgeneric)

zero experience Unix user here. Cannot boot our Sparc10. Running: SunOS release 5.3 Version Generic_Patch message says: (Can't load swapgeneric) Program terminated Tried to 'boot -s' , but this looks like a problem w/ Generic_Patch maybe? At bootup, the devices come up fine and it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: man_of_action
0 Replies

5. Solaris

boot load failed

I modified the partitions on my Solaris 10 disk using format command in "boot cdrom -s" mode and then tried rebooting with "reboot". It said "Boot load failed". Why does this happen? I have faced this error before:( and I went in for a fresh installation of the OS.Can anyone tell me the reason as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
1 Replies

6. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 won't boot up "Cannot load drivers for /pci@400.....

This is the error message that I am getting on a Solaris 10 sparc server scsi: no major number cannot load drivers for /pci@400..... Can't load the root filesystem Type 'go' to resume {0} ok Is there a way for me to correct this issue. It looks like I am missing a scsi driver to boot up... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinityforce
5 Replies

8. Solaris

FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled

Dear all, I Need your help,my server v240 with sun solaris 10 can't remote login.I try conncet via rsc and then go to OK prom....and i get the status : {1} ok boot -a FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled {1} ok boot cdrom -s FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Fresh Install - Boot Load Failed

I have M10-1. Installation OS 10 from cdrom external. Here message from OK Prompt {0} ok probe-scsi-all /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@2/pci@0/usb@4,1/cdrom@1 Unit 0 Removable Read Only device HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP65NB60 PF00 But.. {0} ok boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbahjiman
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

PHP Fatal Errors During SSL Cert Management - PHP Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed

Today, I noticed some errors in our SSL cert renewal log files, mostly related to domains where the IP address had changed. Concerned about this, rebuilt out SSL cert, which normally goes well without a hiccup. However, for today, for some reason which I cannot explain, there was a PHP error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)					  redhat-upgrade-tool User Manual				    REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)

NAME
redhat-upgrade-tool - Red Hat Upgrade tool SYNOPSIS
redhat-upgrade-tool [OPTIONS] SOURCE DESCRIPTION
redhat-upgrade-tool is the Red Hat Upgrade tool. The redhat-upgrade-tool client runs on the system to be upgraded. It determines what packages are needed for upgrade and gathers them from the source(s) given. It also fetches and sets up the boot images needed to run the upgrade and sets up the system to perform the upgrade at next boot. The actual upgrade takes place when the system is rebooted, using the boot images set up by redhat-upgrade-tool. The upgrade initrd starts the existing system (mostly) as normal, lets it mount all the local filesystems, then starts the upgrade. When the upgrade finishes, it reboots the system into the newly-upgraded OS. OPTIONS
Optional arguments -h, --help Show a help message and exit. -v, --verbose Print more info. -d, --debug Print lots of debugging info. --debuglog DEBUGLOG Write debugging output to the given file. Defaults to /var/log/redhat-upgrade-tool.log. --reboot Automatically reboot to start the upgrade when ready. SOURCE These options tell redhat-upgrade-tool where to look for the packages and boot images needed to run the upgrade. At least one of these options is required. --device [DEV] Device or mountpoint of mounted install media. If DEV is omitted, redhat-upgrade-tool will scan all currently-mounted removable devices (USB disks, optical media, etc.) --iso ISO Installation image file. --network VERSION Online repos matching VERSION (a number or "rawhide") Multiple sources may be used, if desired. Additional options for --network --enablerepo REPOID Enable one or more repos (wildcards allowed). --disablerepo REPOID Disable one or more repos (wildcards allowed). --addrepo REPOID=[@]URL Add the repo at URL. Prefix URL with @ to indicate that the URL is a mirrorlist. --instrepo REPOID Get upgrader boot images from the repo named REPOID. The repo must contain a valid .treeinfo file which points to the location of usable kernel and upgrade images. Cleanup commands --resetbootloader Remove any modifications made to bootloader configuration. --clean Clean up everything written by redhat-upgrade-tool. EXAMPLES
redhat-upgrade-tool --network 7.0 --instrepo <repo URL> Upgrade to RHEL 7.0 by downloading all needed packages and data from the specified repository. redhat-upgrade-tool --device --network 7.0 Upgrade to RHEL 7.0 using install media mounted somewhere on the system, fetching updates from the network if needed. EXIT STATUS
0 Success. 1 Cancelled by user, failure writing files to disk, or other unknown error 2 Failed to download/copy files from the given SOURCE 3 RPM upgrade transaction test failed BUGS
The --iso image must be on a filesystem listed in /etc/fstab. AUTHORS
Will Woods <wwoods@redhat.com> redhat-upgrade-tool 11/08/2013 REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)