Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO FATAL BOOT ERROR: Can’t load stage 3 Post 302948109 by jgt on Thursday 25th of June 2015 09:01:15 PM
Old 06-25-2015
The contents of /stand should look like. This is a 7.1.4 system using a single SATA disk.
Code:
total 10980                                                            
-r--r--r--    1 root     sys            1053 May 11  2004 bfs.blm      
-rw-r--r--    1 root     sys             143 Jun 24 18:38 boot         
-r--r--r--    1 root     sys            1869 May 13  2008 bootmsgs     
-r--r--r--    1 root     sys           10116 May 11  2004 dcmp.blm     
-r--r--r--    1 root     sys            2071 May 11  2004 hd.blm       
-r--r--r--    1 root     sys            3486 May 11  2004 help.txt     
-rw-r--r--    1 root     sys             940 Jun 26 09:45 license      
-rw-r--r--    1 root     sys              22 Jun 26 09:45 license.sp   
-r--r--r--    1 root     sys           11468 May 11  2004 logo.img     
-r--r--r--    1 root     sys            5664 May 11  2004 platform.blm 
-rw-r--r--    1 root     sys           17809 Jun 26 09:52 resmgr       
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          17617 Jun 26 09:45 resmgr.sav   
-r--r--r--    1 root     sys             913 May 11  2004 smallfs.blm  
-r--r--r--    1 root     sys           10900 May 11  2004 stage3.blm   
-rwxr--r--    1 root     root        2766800 Jun 24 19:20 unix         
-rwxr--r--    1 root     sys         2766780 Jun 24 19:10 unix.old     
#

I am surprised that you were able to mount the RAID system as the list of HBA's on the original cd is quite short, or did you have to load it from a separate CD.
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld: fatal error

dear all , iam trying to compile a progam using gcc compiler on a sun 280 R machine running solaris 9 . iam getting an error in the last step when the compiler tries to link the objects , although the compiler executes some applicarions that contains no objects smoothly, the error that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot loader problem - can't load linux

Hi i have both Linux and Windows XP on my PC. i used to use grub as a boot loader and everything was perfect, until i reinstalled Windows. apparently, Windows installer installed its own bootloader, that doesn't recognize Linux. i tried using a tool called GrubInstaller for Windows, and now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shx2
4 Replies

3. Programming

Fatal Error

Hi, I just pulled out my code from source control, then I compiled, the compilation is successful at that time. Then I modified one of the source file, Then I compiled, I got the following error ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ../../CM/bin/cato Before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot-up failure: (Can't load swapgeneric)

zero experience Unix user here. Cannot boot our Sparc10. Running: SunOS release 5.3 Version Generic_Patch message says: (Can't load swapgeneric) Program terminated Tried to 'boot -s' , but this looks like a problem w/ Generic_Patch maybe? At bootup, the devices come up fine and it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: man_of_action
0 Replies

5. Solaris

boot load failed

I modified the partitions on my Solaris 10 disk using format command in "boot cdrom -s" mode and then tried rebooting with "reboot". It said "Boot load failed". Why does this happen? I have faced this error before:( and I went in for a fresh installation of the OS.Can anyone tell me the reason as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
1 Replies

6. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 won't boot up "Cannot load drivers for /pci@400.....

This is the error message that I am getting on a Solaris 10 sparc server scsi: no major number cannot load drivers for /pci@400..... Can't load the root filesystem Type 'go' to resume {0} ok Is there a way for me to correct this issue. It looks like I am missing a scsi driver to boot up... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinityforce
5 Replies

8. Solaris

FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled

Dear all, I Need your help,my server v240 with sun solaris 10 can't remote login.I try conncet via rsc and then go to OK prom....and i get the status : {1} ok boot -a FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled {1} ok boot cdrom -s FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Fresh Install - Boot Load Failed

I have M10-1. Installation OS 10 from cdrom external. Here message from OK Prompt {0} ok probe-scsi-all /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@2/pci@0/usb@4,1/cdrom@1 Unit 0 Removable Read Only device HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP65NB60 PF00 But.. {0} ok boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbahjiman
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

PHP Fatal Errors During SSL Cert Management - PHP Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed

Today, I noticed some errors in our SSL cert renewal log files, mostly related to domains where the IP address had changed. Concerned about this, rebuilt out SSL cert, which normally goes well without a hiccup. However, for today, for some reason which I cannot explain, there was a PHP error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)