Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove pipe(|) symbol in except the ones which are enclosed in double quotes Post 302948022 by Sathyapts on Wednesday 24th of June 2015 05:49:23 PM
Old 06-24-2015
Remove pipe(|) symbol in except the ones which are enclosed in double quotes

I have file with are delimited by pipe(|) symbol, I wanted those to be removed except the ones which are enclosed in double quotes.

If your quote file is:
Code:
|Life is |Beautiful"|"Indeed life |is beautiful too|"|"But unix is fun| is not"|"

It should return:
Code:
Life is Beautiful"|"Indeed life is beautiful too"|"But unix is fun is not "|"

Last edited by Don Cragun; 06-24-2015 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a character which is enclosed in Double quotes

I want to remove the comma which is present within the double quoted string. All other commas which is present outside double quotes should be present. Input : a,b,"cc,dd,ee",f,ii,"jj,kk",mmm output : a,b,"ccddee",f,ii,"jjkk",mmm (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_tuty
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove verticalbar or pipe symbol

hi guys i have 6000 rows column the text in the column has the symbol vertical bar |. i tried some of the commands to remove it but none of the commands are reconzng this symbol. would u plz help to remove this symbol from the text with any kind of unix command u r help would be appreciated ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bogu0001
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Replace comma with Pipe inside double quotes

Hi, I have a requirement to replace the comma's inside the double quotes. The comma's inside the double quotes will get changed dynamically. Input Record: "Washington, DC,Prabhu,aju",New York Output Record: "Washington| DC|Prabhu|aju",New York I tried with the below command but it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing extra double quotes between pipe dilimeter

I have a flat file sample like this - "COURSE"|"ddddd " " dddd"|"sssddd sdsdsdsdx" dddddddd ffffff "aaaaa" dddddddd ffffff sdsdsd"|"xxxxxxx"| "COURSE"|"ffff " " bbbb"|"lllll"| The delimiter is pipe character (|) and the text are enclosed in double quotes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalzone
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove characters enclosed in single quotes?

How to remove characters enclosed in single quotes? My data is something like this (03/22/2011 08:17:26.650) : ( -> '1' -> '1-1-3' -> '6' -> '1' -> 'SALMOR58BB4' aaaaa bbbbbb ccccc ((dddd)) I want the output to be (03/22/2011 08:17:26.650) : ( -> -> -> -> -> aaaaa... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert csv to pipe delimited except the ones in double quotes

I have a csv data file : A,B,C,D,"A,B",E,"GG,H" E,F,G,H,I,J,"S,P" I need to replace all "," with "|" except the ones between double quotes i.e A|B|C|D|"A,B"|E|"GG,H" E|F|G|H|I|J|"S,P" CAn someone assist? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove whitespace after pipe symbol but not inside words

I have a file that looks like this: 102| #2 X 1/4-INCH| 30188| EA| FTW| A| NOT SERIAL TRACKING| NOT LOT TRACKING| TRUE| #2 X 1/4-INCH 102| #2 X 1/4-INCH| 30188| EA| VPS| A| NOT SERIAL TRACKING| NOT LOT TRACKING| TRUE| #2 X 1/4-INCH 102| #6 X 1/2"| ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to remove double quotes

Hi, I am little new to forum and new on unix side. I have a small issue below: I am reading a file that has 5 columns something like below. col1,col2,col3,col4,col5 Some records are having double quoted values something like below: "value1","value2","value3","value4","value5" I need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete the commas in a .CSV file that are enclosed in a string with double quotes?

Okay, I would like to delete all the commas in a .CSV file (TEST.CSV) or at least substitute them with empty space, that are enclosed in double quote. Please see the sample file as below: column 1,column 2,column 3,column 4,column 5,column 6,column 7,column 8,column 9,column 10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove pipe(|) symbol ina file, except the ones which are enclosed in double quotes

I have file with are delimited by pipe(|) symbol, I wanted those to be removed except the ones which are enclosed in double quotes. If your quote file is: |Life is |Beautiful"|"Indeed life |is beautiful too|"|"But unix is fun| is not"|" It should return: Life is Beautiful"|"Indeed life is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sathyapts
1 Replies
Locale::Currency(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Currency(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. num This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Currency(3perl)