Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question about enviroment variable. Post 302947905 by Aia on Tuesday 23rd of June 2015 06:35:27 PM
Old 06-23-2015
Code:
x=abc$123 
t=xyz$

x gets the assignment value of the string abc and the dereference of the variable $123, which if it is not set it would be undefined.

t gets the assignment value of the string xyz$. The `$' is not being interpreted by the shell as the dereference of a variable, since it exist as the last character. It is the equivalent of 'xyz$' or xyz\$
This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! - How do I compile C++ in UNIX Enviroment?

:confused: Hi, does anyone here know how to compile and run C++ in UNIX environment? I am so desperate! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing remote machine via an enviroment variable

Hi. Is it possible to remotely access another unix box via an enviroment variable, on another machine? I am trying to create an environment variable $MIPSDATA which will point to a folder on another machine. I have setup the .rhosts file and got that working on both machines (tested via a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enviroment variables...

Hi guys, thanks in advance for this easy answer.... :s Ok I am trying to output the enviroment varable for host in Solaris. I have tried $HOST, $HOST_NAME, $HOSTNAME carn't find it anywhere, does someone want to put me out of my misary and tell me what it is??? :confused: :eek: Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
2 Replies

4. Solaris

set enviroment variable..

Hello... I was wondering can anyone explain me how to set up enviroment variable to be permanent... I tryed with setenv but my solaris does not have this command... then I did: export ORACLE_SID=base1 export ORACLE_BASE=/home export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/oracle/8.1.6 and by... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enviroment Differences script(s)

Im looking for any sample scripts that would output a current environment setup to a file and possibly then take 2 files and list any differences This will allow us to quickly see any differences between environments in case of issue? At a high level this would take Unix Kernel Params,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeShmoe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

enviroment settings

What are the environment setting during a cron session? I have HP-UX and I want to send the output/file from a script to several e-mail addresses. I want to create an env-var to store the e-mail addresses in my .profile, but I do not know if it will be visible when a script is executed in a cron. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Save enviroment variables

I need to save my enviroment variables,specially the $PATH.When I put it on .cshrc at next reboot I lost the configuration.How can avoid this?Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass enviroment variable from csh to Informix sql script

Hello, I have a csh script that creates an environment variable. I want to pass the environment variable(CURR_TABLE_DATE) to an Informix sql script. Here is the csh: #!/bin/csh -f setenv INFORMIXSERVER market3_tcp setenv CURR_TABLE_DATE 20090714 set DATABASE = gm_cdr set SQL_DIR =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwoj
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable to command to Variable Question KSH

Hello, First post for Newbie as I am stumped. I need to get certain elements for a specific PID from the ps command. I am attempting to pass the value for the PID I want to retrieve the information for as a variable. When the following is run without using a variable, setting a specific PID,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Coyote270WSM
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing all the process of a particular enviroment

Hi Folks, I have the below command that will kill all the process of an environment, lets say if I have reached to the location cont directory under which I want to kill multiple process so the command will be .... kill -9 `ps -ef | grep cont | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` Now please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies
CheckDigits::M43_001(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 CheckDigits::M43_001(3pm)

NAME
CheckDigits::M43_001 - compute check digits for Code-39 SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::CheckDigits; $c39 = CheckDigits('code_39'); if ($c39->is_valid('AB-123K')) { # do something } $cn = $c39->complete('AB-123'); # $cn = 'AB-123K' $cd = $c39->checkdigit('AB-123K'); # $cd = 'K' $bn = $c39->basenumber('AB-123K'); # $bn = 'AB-123' DESCRIPTION
ALGORITHM 1. After replacing all non numeric letters with their respective values, the sum of all numbers is computers 2. The checkdigit is the sum from step 1 taken modulo 43. METHODS is_valid($number) Returns true only if $number consists solely of numbers and the last digit is a valid check digit according to the algorithm given above. Returns false otherwise, complete($number) The check digit for $number is computed and concatenated to the end of $number. Returns the complete number with check digit or '' if $number does not consist solely of digits and spaces. basenumber($number) Returns the basenumber of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. checkdigit($number) Returns the checkdigit of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. EXPORT None by default. AUTHOR
Mathias Weidner, <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> SEE ALSO
perl, CheckDigits, www.pruefziffernberechnung.de. perl v5.10.0 2008-05-17 CheckDigits::M43_001(3pm)