Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX : Find files ignoring certain file extensions Post 302947830 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 23rd of June 2015 01:23:32 AM
Old 06-23-2015
Hello Kev,

Following may help you in same, I haven't tested it but you can take it as a startup and let us know if you have any queries.
Code:
awk -F, '{if(NR>1){printf "\n"};A="find " $1 "/*" " -prune -type f \\( "; {for(i=3;i<=NF;i++){O="! -name *" $i;if(i!=NF){O=O " -o"};P=P?P OFS O:O;print A OFS P;A=P="";};print " \\) -mtime +" $2 " -exec ls -ltr {} \\;"}}' ORS=" " Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
find /Folder1/* -prune -type f \(  ! -name *.txt -o  ! -name *.csv  \) -mtime +30 -exec ls -ltr {} \;
find /Folder2/* -prune -type f \(  ! -name *.sh -o  ! -name *.ksh -o  ! -name *.txt  \) -mtime +60 -exec ls -ltr {} \;
find /folder3/* -prune -type f \(  ! -name *.param   \) -mtime +90 -exec ls -ltr {} \;

If happy with results then you can pass these output to sh as follows. But it is advisable to test it first and if it prints correct expected output then do pass output to sh.

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 06-23-2015 at 02:29 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files with 3 different extensions

Hi all, From one directory I need to fetch only files of type *.xls,*.csv,*.txt. I tried the find . -name '*.txt,*.csv,*.xls' -print. But it throws me error. Please do help me on this. Thanks Mahalakshmi.A (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files ignoring subdirectories

Hi guys, I am searching some files not equal to the pattern with this command find ! -name "PATTERN" -type f but my problem is the find command because he also search inside subdirectories and that's the thing i don't want that. Is there any comand to ignore the directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all the unique file extensions

Hi How can i find the unique list of file extensions in a folder/subfolders e.g. MAIN/ a.txt b.txt a.clas a.java b.class a.txt.112 c.12.ram.jar i just need to get the below out irrespective of file being present in folder or subfolders txt clas java (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring certain extensions

Dear Friends, I want to move all the files to temp folder except files having following extensions which are case sensitive. .ttM .Hmt .dMt Request you to guide me to do the same Thank you in advance Anushree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all files recursively from directories while ignoring one file type

Hi, Seems like I need help again with a problem: I want to delete all files from my lets say "Music" Directory inkluding all of the subfolders except for .mp3 and .MP3 files. I tried it with globalignoring mp3 files, finding and deleting all other files, which resulted in all files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding file extensions to split output files

Hello, I've searched this forum and others for a solution to my problem but nothing seems just right, I'm hoping I can get some help (seems like this should be easy, and I apologize if I've missed something on the forum): I have several large .fastq DNA sequence files (~20million reads,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate files but with different extensions

Hi ! I wonder if anyone can help on this : I have a directory: /xyz that has the following files: chsLog.107.20130603.gz chsLog.115.20130603 chsLog.111.20130603.gz chsLog.107.20130603 chsLog.115.20130603.gz As you ca see there are two files that are the same but only with a minor... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies

8. AIX

Loading AIX kernel extensions on reboot

Greetings, Does anyone know how to load AIX kernel extensions on reboot? I know that Oracle loads it's postwait kernel extension via a executable in /etc/inittab. I'm assuming this executable calls the "sysconfig" system call and loads it. What if I wrote my own? What is the proper way in AIX to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbleistein
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add file extensions to files EXCEPT the script that is issuing

Greetings all, On a RedHat System - I am issuing a command from script.sh that will add a file extension to a listing of files in a directory. It works, but I need to script from having an extension added as well. Here is what I have tried to no luck: for file in `ls * | awk ' /\./{print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find wild card directory and its files of some extensions

I want to use Find command to find directories that have certain name and them find files in that directory having only some extensions. So far, I have come up with this command to list directories with wild card name and list ALL the files in that directory. find . -type d -name prog\* -print... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssccc
11 Replies
Archive::Any(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Archive::Any(3pm)

NAME
Archive::Any - Single interface to deal with file archives. SYNOPSIS
use Archive::Any; my $archive = Archive::Any->new($archive_file); my @files = $archive->files; $archive->extract; my $type = $archive->type; $archive->is_impolite; $archive->is_naughty; DESCRIPTION
This module is a single interface for manipulating different archive formats. Tarballs, zip files, etc. new my $archive = Archive::Any->new($archive_file); my $archive = Archive::Any->new($archive_file, $type); $type is optional. It lets you force the file type in-case Archive::Any can't figure it out. extract $archive->extract; $archive->extract($directory); Extracts the files in the archive to the given $directory. If no $directory is given, it will go into the current working directory. files my @file = $archive->files; A list of files in the archive. mime_type my $mime_type = $archive->mime_type(); Returns the mime type of the archive. is_impolite my $is_impolite = $archive->is_impolite; Checks to see if this archive is going to unpack into the current directory rather than create its own. is_naughty my $is_naughty = $archive->is_naughty; Checks to see if this archive is going to unpack outside the current directory. DEPRECATED
type my $type = $archive->type; Returns the type of archive. This method is provided for backwards compatibility in the Tar and Zip plugins and will be going away soon in favor of "mime_type". PLUGINS
For detailed information on writing plugins to work with Archive::Any, please see the pod documentation for Archive::Any::Plugin. AUTHOR
Clint Moore <cmoore@cpan.org> AUTHOR EMERITUS
Michael G Schwern SEE ALSO
Archive::Any::Plugin SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Archive::Any You can also look for information at: o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/Archive-Any> o CPAN Ratings <http://cpanratings.perl.org/d/Archive-Any> o RT: CPAN's request tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Archive-Any> o Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Archive-Any> LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.10.0 2008-06-25 Archive::Any(3pm)