Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Suse 10 shows only 1 cpu
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Suse 10 shows only 1 cpu Post 302947772 by guy3145 on Monday 22nd of June 2015 06:52:14 AM
Old 06-22-2015
thanks. but this article talks about adding a cpu while the vm is still running.
i added cpu when the vm was shutdown

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

2. SuSE

CPU and RAM comparison on suse vs solaris

hi, currently we have SAP application running on a solaris machine that has 8 dual core CPUs @ 2.4 GHZ and the performance of the system is perfectly normal. We plan to migrate the app to a suse linux VM image on a vmware box now. So my questions are: 1) Should i size the linux image to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: basisvasis
2 Replies

3. AIX

Wait time shows high CPU usage

Hi, I can't seem to make sense of this. My wait time is showing really high but vmstat's and topas are showing normal usage. ps aux USER PID %CPU %MEM SZ RSS TTY STAT STIME TIME COMMAND root 9961810 5680.7 0.0 448 384 - A Dec 16 6703072:12 wait ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
2 Replies
cpufreq-set(1)															    cpufreq-set(1)

NAME
cpufreq-set - A small tool which allows to modify cpufreq settings. SYNTAX
cpufreq-set [options] DESCRIPTION
cpufreq-set allows you to modify cpufreq settings without having to type e.g. "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_set_speed" all the time. OPTIONS
-c --cpu <CPU> number of CPU where cpufreq settings shall be modified. -d --min <FREQ> new minimum CPU frequency the governor may select. -u --max <FREQ> new maximum CPU frequency the governor may select. -g --governor <GOV> new cpufreq governor. -f --freq <FREQ> specific frequency to be set. Requires userspace governor to be available and loaded. -r --related modify all hardware-related CPUs at the same time -h --help Prints out the help screen. REMARKS
Omitting the -c or --cpu argument is equivalent to setting it to zero. The -f FREQ, --freq FREQ parameter cannot be combined with any other parameter except the -c CPU, --cpu CPU parameter. FREQuencies can be passed in Hz, kHz (default), MHz, GHz, or THz by postfixing the value with the wanted unit name, without any space (fre- quency in kHz =^ Hz * 0.001 =^ MHz * 1000 =^ GHz * 1000000). On Linux kernels up to 2.6.29, the -r or --related parameter is ignored. FILES
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/ /proc/cpufreq (deprecated) /proc/sys/cpu/ (deprecated) AUTHORS
Dominik Brodowski <linux@brodo.de> - author Mattia Dongili<malattia@gmail.com> - first autolibtoolization SEE ALSO
cpufreq-info(1) Mattia Dongili 0.1 cpufreq-set(1)