Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to measure IOPS?
Operating Systems Solaris How to measure IOPS? Post 302947759 by fretagi on Monday 22nd of June 2015 02:57:38 AM
Old 06-22-2015
The 7,000 IO ops/sec w/ a 20 ms response time its a spec coming from the application vendor documentation, the oracle setup I was told is ASM disks (one volume).
My suspicion comes from the fact, that when using the application (web based) it takes some time to display data, when entering the application, after login in, so its slow.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU load unit of measure?

If unix says my cpu load is 2.15 exactly what does that mean? --Jason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mac J
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to tune kernel Parameters in Solaris 10,9 & how to measure performance

Hi, I want to tune my SUN servers for best performance. My servers are heavily loaded and used. They have Solaris 10. How to tune Kernel Parameters of solaris ? And How can I measue performance before changing parameters and after changing parameters ? Please help Thanks NeeleshG (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a command to measure compile speed?

Hello Ive written 2 programs in shell and I need to compare their speed (Compile) against one another. what methods could I go about doing this? Is there a feature in shell do accommodate this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darklight
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to measure g++ performance?

I am working on an application with some rather interesting build performance issues. If we build on Solaris/Linux x86/AMD64 the build is rather fast, but it takes more than five times as long on our Solaris Sparc servers (single-threaded builds on the workstations, but multi-threaded on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
5 Replies

5. Solaris

What exactly does 'zpool iostat' measure?

hi there, i'd like to know what exactly zpool's iostat (-v) output measure, especially the writes. Is it only the writes to the ZIL or all writes (including commmits) to the disks? if anyone knows, that'd be helpful roti (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rotunda
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Measure thread execution (in C, unix)

Hi, I have a simulation program which creates two threads and I would like to know if I can measure the time of each individual thread. Threads communicate (I use pthread to manage them) and I want to measure communication time. I found a solution with clock_gettime and CLOCK_THREAD_CPUTIME_ID... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tinkh
32 Replies

7. Solaris

Performance (iops) becomes bad, what is the reason?

I have written a virtual HBA driver named "xmp_vhba". A scsi disk is attached on it. as shown below: xmp_vhba, instance #0 disk, instance #11 But the performance became very bad when we read/write the scsi disk using the vdbench(a read/write io tool). What is the reason? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ForgetChen
7 Replies

8. AIX

How to measure waiting time in run queue?

Hello guys, I am doing a performance analysis on one of our psystem. Most of time I am using Nmon analyser to do my trend graph. But I can't find any help with it. We are interesting in the time spend by tasks in Aix run queue. After looking the Aix documentation, I am pessimist to find any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GiiGii
3 Replies
Tk_SetAppName(3TK)					       Tk Library Procedures						Tk_SetAppName(3TK)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_SetAppName - Set the name of an application for ``send'' commands SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> CONST char * Tk_SetAppName(tkwin, name) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window in application. Used only to select a particular application. CONST char *name (in) Name under which to register the application. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_SetAppName associates a name with a given application and records that association on the display containing with the application's main window. After this procedure has been invoked, other applications on the display will be able to use the send command to invoke operations in the application. If name is already in use by some other application on the display, then a new name will be generated by appending `` #2'' to name; if this name is also in use, the number will be incremented until an unused name is found. The return value from the proce- dure is a pointer to the name actually used. If the application already has a name when Tk_SetAppName is called, then the new name replaces the old name. Tk_SetAppName also adds a send command to the application's interpreter, which can be used to send commands from this application to others on any of the displays where the application has windows. The application's name registration persists until the interpreter is deleted or the send command is deleted from interp, at which point the name is automatically unregistered and the application becomes inaccessible via send. The application can be made accessible again by calling Tk_SetAppName. Tk_SetAppName is called automatically by Tk_Init, so applications don't normally need to call it explicitly. The command tk appname provides Tcl-level access to the functionality of Tk_SetAppName. KEYWORDS
application, name, register, send command ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tk 4.0 Tk_SetAppName(3TK)