Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script for solving the math question Post 302947741 by anshu ranjan on Sunday 21st of June 2015 01:51:57 PM
Old 06-21-2015
Thanks Sea for your update.
I am trying to remove this thread from this forum but not seeing any option.
I will start this thread as suggested by you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a math related question

hello: First I know the rules on Homework related questions, I wrote my script, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do one math problem. How do I take a zip code and seperate the idvidual digits? I used the modulus expression and divided the number by 10 ^ n but that only worked... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jahjah
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Math question...

Hi All , I'm trying to do a simple math expression ...but unsuccessfull :-( Anyone can help me? days=23 amount=`expr ${days} / 30 \* -125` echo $amount but as result i got 0 when i expect 95.833333 Another question...how i can limit only to two or three decimal fields? Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EDBGSK
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ?

Suppose I have a script named "sc.sh" in the script how to print out its name "sc.sh"? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can Any help me with the math on this shell script?

Develop a grade calculating program. This program will process all students in the file. This program should neatly display each field of each student's record *and* adds the following items: Course Average and Letter Grade. The course average is calculated by the following weights: 50% for quiz... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: knp808
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script math calculation

Hi Gurus, I'm currently using HP-UX B.11.23. I've a simple calculation script which performs the task below. -> echo "240021344 / 1024 /1024" | bc Output: 228 240021344 is KB value. When I tried to perform the same calculate in Ms Excel, it produces a different result: 228.9021912.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Math problem using shell script

Have a bit complicated math query .. Basically i am given a number which is > 50 .. I am suppose to find the calculation to get a number which is equal or more than the input number and is also a multiple of any number between 20 - 30 . For example . Input number is 60 . Now 20x3 =60 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Math calculation over shell

Hi I am trying to calculate the rate at which something is happening. I have 2 files- a1 and b1. I want to calculate something like this ((wc -l a1)/(wc -l a1 + wc -l b1))*100 over a loop for different a and b. Is this possible, help me out fellas. Thanks a lot :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variables and math in Old skool Bourne Shell

Hey everybody, I've been searching google and these forums and have found some solutions to the issues I've been having today within the OLD Bourne Shell. I am following chapter 6 of the Guide to Unix using Linux 4th Edition. I am working on some basic calculations with variables in the BASH... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.rhtuner
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bit of a math question

I have a number, say 174. I need to write bash code that will find the first larger number that ends in 99. That would be 199 in this case. If the number were 1263, I would be looking for 1299, for 175438, I would want 175499, etc. If the numbers were always three digit, I could just grab the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
11 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) BUGS
It's a csh script. Csh scripts are not portable to System V. Scripts in general are not portable to non-Unix environments. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)