Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using sqlite query to build script... Post 302947641 by NyxPDX on Friday 19th of June 2015 05:41:22 PM
Old 06-19-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
Question: doesn't the cloud storage have deduplication?
This should automatically find identical blocks on different files and avoid separate blocks on storage devices. Of course it must first upload the whole new file.
So, if the upload time/volume is the concern, your links can make sense.
I assume they do, but yes, the time it takes to upload the amount of data is the issue I'm trying to solve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
On most platforms ln -f "overwrites" an existing link.
Code:
ln -f file.week1 file.upload

and then relink file.upload with
Code:
ln -f file.week2 file.upload

You can check with
Code:
ls -li

which two files are hard-linked.
Awesome! That helps a lot. So now I've essentially got a query that creates the list of commands I need to run. Is this really as easy as making a 2 line bash script like so

Code:
#!/bin/bash
sqlite3 BackupSystem.db < UpdateLinksQuery.sql > UpdateLinks.sh
UpdateLinks.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sqlite issue?

i'm on freebsd 5.2.1, and from a fresh installation i've used pkg_add for the latest ported version of apache, as well as installing php 5. supposedly php5 comes with native support for sqlite (in the binary package), and this is what i added. i am trying to install a site engine (the 'gyrator'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brandan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - SQLite question

Hello All, I am trying to write a Perl script that is using 'SQLite' as the application needs a very light weight Database. I wanted to know how to catch exceptions when I run queries in SQLite. Without this the Perl script comes to a halt everytime an exception occurs. Please help. Regards,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

hell and sqlite

Hi everyone, I have a requirement that requires me to fill an sqlite database with 100,000 entries (no duplicates). I will start out by giving the command that will insert the values necessary to populate the database: # sqlite /var/local/database/dblist "insert into list... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogoy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]sqlite with shell script

hlow all i have file like this : BDG0100.2011091620162100CF5341.DAT BDG0100.2011091720175500CF5342.DAT BDG0100.2011091820192900CF5343.DAT BDG0100.2011091920210600CF5344.DAT but now i want make file like this 20110916.DAT 20110919.DAT 20110918.DAT 20110919.DAT so what i can do that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding SDK Build on Kernel Source Build

Hi, So I downloaded this kernel source and was able to build it successfully. But I want to add this SDK source code inside, can anyone help me how to do this? Note that the SDK source can be built by itself. I added the SDK in the main Makefile: init-y := init/ #added SDK... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build.xml invocation by Build Script

Hi I have a build.xml file and I can run it on Windows via cmd. Now I want to write a script to invoke the same. Is there a way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies

9. Web Development

MySQL Query to Build Mockup Vue.js UserCP Timeline Page

Here is the query (and some sample results) I plan to use to build a new timeline page in the mockup vue.js usercp I am working on. When the postid is the same as lastpostid, this means the timeline entry will be - "{{Member}} Started Discussion {{Thread Title}} at {{date and time}}" and when... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Manipulating UNIX and sqlite db

Hi there, I have multiple rows of data. For example: S/N | Name| Age I would like to store them into sqlite database after doing some grepping in CSV and output them into console/html format. Will it be possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)                                                 Debhelper                                                DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)