Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Restore of Netapp FC lun targets used as the disks for a zpool with exported zfs file systems Post 302947573 by Peasant on Friday 19th of June 2015 02:37:13 AM
Old 06-19-2015
Reverting storage snapshot on live filesystem is not possible.
Or any snapshot as far as that goes.

You will need to export the zpool and then restore storage snapshot and import the zpool.
No reboot should be required, unless it is a root zpool, then you will have to power off the ldom, revert, power on.

Is there a reason you are not using builtin zfs snapshoting ? It is much more flexible and a lot of things can be done on live systems (no need to export the zpool), but you will still need to stop the services which are using those filesystems.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Netapp filer LUN Resize. Commands to run on Solaris afterwards.

Hi, I need to increase a veritas filesystem I have currently mounted on a Solaris 10 server. We can resize the LUN on the NetApp filer no problem. What I need to know is what do I do next on the Solaris 10 server I have so that it will see the increase in size. Do I run 'devfsadm' to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't see Netapp LUN on Solaris using LPFC after reboot.

Hi, I've just edited this post. I found the solution for this. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Remove the exported zpool

I had a pool which was exported and due to some issues on my SAN i was never able to import it again. Can anyone tell me how can i destroy the exported pool to free up the LUN. I tried to create a new pool on the same pool but it gives me following error # zpool create emcpool4 emcpower0c... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't remove a LUN from a Zpool!

I am not seeing anyway to remove a LUN from a Zpool... Am I missing something? or do i have to destroy the zpool and recreate it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Zfs::zpool.cache file

Hi All, I am trying to read zpool.cache file to find out pool information like pool name, devices it uses and all properties. File seems to be in packed format.I am not sure how to unpack it. But from opensolaris code base we can see that they have used libz for uncompromising this file, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shailesh_111
0 Replies

6. AIX

volume group lun sizes and no of file systems for optimal performance

Hello, It's been a while since I've done AIX..., but I'm planning a new TSM on AIX disk-only backup solution. I'm planning to make an AIX volume group out of 40 luns of 1 TB. I'm planning to create one big file system on here. The purpose for this is to use this as a device class FILE for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smashingpumpkin
5 Replies

7. AIX

Netapp iscsi lun

Hi, I have aix 6.1 box. I want to configure iscsi luns from netapp storage. I tried in google but not getting proper solution for that. i m not getting the proper iqn name. Please share me the steps to complete this requirements. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to tell what disks are used for a zpool?

Hello, Does anyone know how I can tell what disk are being not being used by a zpool? For example in Veritas Volume manager, I can run a "vxdisk list" and disks that are marked as "online invalid" are disk that are not used. I'm looking for a similar command in ZFS which will easily show... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertinoau
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

DM multipath :iscsi lun shows by diff names on two server where its exported

Hi, I am trying to setup multipathing (using DM multipath) for a redhat cluster setup ...all setup is done but issue is : node 1 shows the shared iscsi lun as sdc node 2 shows the same as sdg (changes on reboots) Due to this (i guess) i get i/o error & i can not read files created by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
0 Replies

10. Linux

Identify newly attached LUN from NetApp

Hi I need to identify a newly attached LUN from NetApp on a linuxserver running uname -o GNU/Linux I have first run the df -h and got the following: df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_outsystemdb-lv_root 50G 2.7G 45G ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
3 Replies
zdb(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   zdb(1M)

NAME
zdb - ZFS debugger SYNOPSIS
zdb pool DESCRIPTION
The zdb command is used by support engineers to diagnose failures and gather statistics. Since the ZFS file system is always consistent on disk and is self-repairing, zdb should only be run under the direction by a support engineer. If no arguments are specified, zdb, performs basic consistency checks on the pool and associated datasets, and report any problems detected. Any options supported by this command are internal to Sun and subject to change at any time. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The pool is consistent. 1 An error was detected. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzfsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zfs(1M), zpool(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 31 Oct 2005 zdb(1M)