Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Missing FTP configuration files/commands Post 302947515 by Corona688 on Thursday 18th of June 2015 11:54:36 AM
Old 06-18-2015
What instructions were you following? They were probably specific to one particular FTP daemon.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP configuration in Solaris 5.7

Hi everybody ! How can I configure the ftp in solaris systems ? Wich files ? To resume : I want to create a user wich can get from a ftp session running from a PC, some files without going up in the directories. If I attached the ksh or sh shell to the user, he can go wherever he wants. If I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarcoW
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Configuration Commands.....

I need to know what commands I will need to use to change a host name, IP Address, and network configurations (routerings, dns, etc) and a Unix SCO machine. Also, if there is any short tutorials on using the commands, i would defiently like that information. Thanks!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HandleX
1 Replies

3. Linux

OS errors/missing commands

Hi all, .... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: # root@host # pwd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
0 Replies

4. Solaris

FTP - configuration

Hi all I need basic help to configure/check an FTP account on Solaris 9 (5.9) (by shell) with man ftp I'm not really able to configure that. On google or doc.sun.com I cant find a basic understanding of configuration an ftp server. Where are the files / setupfile. does somebody helps me with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: actino
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing data in FTP file

Hello - I am FTPing file from remote unix box to my unix box. I am FTPing file around 2AM. some time, the complete fle is not ftping.. I am missing data in the FTP file. It happens few times in a month. Whenever, i miss the data, the file size is always 60106. The actual file size is not that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
4 Replies

6. Web Development

ftp: missing chown command

hi, I'm connecting to a web server with ftp protocol and I would like to change some folders and files owner. I tried chown but it is not available. I typed "help" and this is the list I got. Is possible that the chown command is not installed on the server ? Or I don't have permissions ?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix commands related to ftp of files..

Hi, I am new to unix , I was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder. , Please guide me what are the various networking commands that unix will help in this ftp process..?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul125
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

ftp configuration

Hi, I have been a unix box testing machine and I access to it through putty with my creditials now I have an sftp script to transfer files from that machine to some other ftp server but recently I come to know that due to some reason ftp server is not ready so I have to make my current machine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
0 Replies

9. Solaris

ftp configuration

hi, I am using Solaris 10, actually i want to restrict user to access upper level directory while using ftp, means when user access a folder using ftp he has no access to go to base directory. If i am not wrong ftp configuration file use in solaris 10 is /etc/ftpd/ftpaccess kindly confirm, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

How to transfer files from UNIX server to windows machine or vice versa using ftp or sftp commands?

hi, i want to write a shell script code which transfers files from a directory in unix server to a directory in a windows machine.. can any1 give me a sample code which uses ftp or sftp command.. thanks very much, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies
IO::All::FTP(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::All::FTP(3pm)

NAME
IO::All::FTP - Extends IO::All to FTP URLs SYNOPSIS
use IO::All; "hello world " > io('ftp://localhost/test/x'); # save to FTP io('ftp//example.org/pub/xyz') > io('xyz'); # GET to file # two ways of getting a file with a password: $content < io('ftp://me:secret@example.org/xyz'); $content < io('ftp://example.org/xyz')->user('me')->password('secret'); DESCRIPTION
This module extends IO::All for dealing with FTP URLs. Note that you don't need to use it explicitly, as it is autoloaded by IO::All whenever it sees something that looks like an FTP URL. METHODS
This is a subclass of IO::All::LWP. The only new method is "ftp", which can be used to create a blank IO::All::FTP object; or it can also take an FTP URL as a parameter. Note that in most cases it is simpler just to call io('ftp//example.com'), which calls the "ftp" method automatically. OPERATOR OVERLOADING
The same operators from IO::All may be used. < GETs an FTP URL; > PUTs to an FTP URL. SEE ALSO
IO::All::LWP, IO::All, LWP. AUTHORS
Ivan Tubert-Brohman <itub@cpan.org> and Brian Ingerson <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007. Ivan Tubert-Brohman and Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.10.0 2007-03-29 IO::All::FTP(3pm)