Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Trimming ends
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trimming ends Post 302947511 by Xterra on Thursday 18th of June 2015 11:27:16 AM
Old 06-18-2015
Awesome!
Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trimming a file...

Hi everyone I have this script that appends a line to a file to log the running status of an application. I need to write another script to run as a scheduled job in cron to trim the first x number of lines of this file. Could someone give me an idea how to do this? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

while never ends

Hi i have question, is this ok in ksh, like while ] do something read true done loop runs but never ends even i pass y/Y. can any body please resolve it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trimming zeros

Hi, I want to trim +with leading zero's with amount fields.I know using awk for trimming leading zeros with +,but I want get the entire row itself. cat file_name |awk -F " " '{printf "%14.4f%f\n",$4}' ex: 10 xyz bc +00000234.4500 20 yzx foxic +002456.000 Expexted 10 xyz bc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trimming the spaces

Hi, How can I remove the unwanted spaces in the line. 123456 789 ABC DEF. - I wanna remove the sapces in this line, I need the output 123456789ABCDEF. Pls help me...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimming lines

hi have output as i have trim of lines before CREATE statement and lins after last ")" any idea how to achieve it ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming output

I'm trying to parse an output log and I've managed to reduce the output to the lines I need. But I'm having trouble pulling out only the info I'm interested in. The output is 40+ lines and here is a sample Installing AppFresh 0.8.5.pkg from ./InstallerFiles/CustomPKG/26 (26) Installing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaltekar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimming sequences

My file looks like this: But I would like to 'trim' all sequences to the same lenght 32 characters, keeping intact all the identifier (>GHXCZCC01AJ8CJ) Would it be possible to use awk to perform this task? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming a string

Hi I need to trim white spaces from strings in a file. Input file is like this: 1_rrc_CatalogGroups.csv = 607 1_rrc_Sales_TopCatalogGroups.csv = 4 1_rrc_Sales_CatalogEntries_CatalogGroup_Rel.csv = 7 Need to trim space before and after = symbol. This is my script: #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming in between the words

Hi i have a log file P12345_15728710:DEBUG:Begin P12345_15728710:DEBUG:Being P12345_15729310:DEBUG:GetAgen P12345_15726510:DEBUG:end i want to trim this file and i want like this 15728710 15728710 15729310 15726510 i tried sed ..but not working.. sed "s/.*P12345__ \(.*\)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan420
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file which are not ends with ".zip" and which are ends with "*.log*" or "*.out*"?

I am new to bash/shell scripting. I want to find all the files in directory and subdirectories, which are not ends with “.zip” and which are contains in the file name “*.log*” or “*.out*”. I know below command to get the files which ends with “.log”; but I need which are not ends with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies
GSIMPLECAL(1)						      General Commands Manual						     GSIMPLECAL(1)

NAME
gsimplecal - lightweight calendar applet SYNOPSIS
gsimplecal [-h|--help|-v|--version|next_month|prev_month] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the usage of the gsimplecal command. gsimplecal is a lightweight calendar applet. When it is started, it first shows up, when you run it again, it closes the running instance. It was intentionally made for use with tint2 panel to be launched upon clock click, but of course it will work without it, you can bind it to some hotkey in you window manager, for example. Also, you may configure gsimplecal to display different world timezones clocks. See the CONFIGURATION section to get to know how to. COMMANDS AND OPTIONS
-v, --version Print the program name and version to stdout, then exit with code 0. -h, --help Print the short usage help to stderr, then exit with error code 2. prev_month, next_month If the program is not running, simply run it. If the program is running, change currently displayed month. If no options and commands are given, the program is toggled, i.e. if it is running it stops, otherwise it starts. CONFIGURATION
To configure the application you should manually create the file $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gsimplecal/config (usually it will be ~/.config/gsimplecal/config) with contents like this: show_calendar = 1 show_timezones = 1 mark_today = 1 show_week_numbers = 0 close_on_unfocus = 0 external_viewer = sunbird -showdate "%Y-%m-%d" clock_format = %a %d %b %H:%M mainwindow_decorated = 0 mainwindow_keep_above = 1 mainwindow_sticky = 0 mainwindow_skip_taskbar = 1 mainwindow_resizable = 0 mainwindow_position = none mainwindow_xoffset = 0 mainwindow_yoffset = 0 clock_label = UTC clock_tz = :UTC clock_label = Local clock_tz = The options are pretty self explanatory, but here is detailed description: show_calendar: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether the calendar should be shown. Most users want this option to be 1. show_timezones: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Sets whether the different timezone clocks should be shown. mark_today: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether today's date will be marked in the calendar (besides the default selection, i.e. when you click on the other day, today will remain marked somehow, e.g. in bold print). show_week_numbers: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Sets whether week numbers are shown in the calendar. close_on_unfocus: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Sets whether the calendar will close if the window loses focus. Note that if mainwindow_skip_taskbar is set to 1 then the calendar window may not be given focus upon creation external_viewer: string, defaults to empty string. Command line to run when doubleclicking a date. This string is strftime'd (see man strftime for the possible substitutions) and passed to the shell. Thus you can use pipes, redirections, and whatever, I hope. Currently the shell is hardcoded to /bin/sh though. I hope that will do for all the users, but if you've got a trouble, please file a ticket (see REPORTING BUGS). clock_format: string Sets the clocks format. Look man strftime for the possible formats. mainwindow_decorated: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Tells your window manager to decorate or not to decorate the main window. mainwindow_keep_above: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether the main window should be placed on top of other windows by your window manager. mainwindow_sticky: 1 or 0, defaults to 0. Tells your window manager to show gsimplecal on all desktops. mainwindow_skip_taskbar: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether the main window should be shown in the task list by your panel or window manager. mainwindow_resizable: 1 or 0, defaults to 1. Sets whether your window manager should allow the main window to be resized. If you are using a tiling window manager which supports floating windows, setting this options to 0 will most likely tell your WM not to tile the window. (Tested with XMonad and Awesome). mainwindow_position: mouse|center|none, defaults to mouse. Tells your window manager where to place the gsimplecal window: mouse close to the mouse cursor position (this one is useful when you bind gsimplecal on some mouse click command); center in the center of the screen; none it's up to your window manager to decide, where to place the window (this one is useful when you bind gsimplecal invocation on some hotkey, so you can configure your window manager to place gsimplecal in some predefined position). mainwindow_xoffset and mainwindow_yoffset: integer, default to 0. Allow for main window position fine tuning. Throw an integer at these, and it'll move the window by that number of pixels. clock_label and clock_tz: string These two options should go in pairs and must be in the order given. Each pair creates new clock. The clock_label variable sets the string to be displayed near the clock, the clock_tz sets the timezone. If you omit the value for clock_tz, local time will be shown. For a list of timezones see man timezone, or ls /usr/share/zoneinfo KEYBOARD ACCELERATORS
You may use the following keyboard accelerators while gsimplecal window has a focus: Escape, Ctrl+w, Ctrl+q: close the window j: switch to the next month k: switch to the previous month J: jump one year forward K: jump one year backward g, Home: jump to the current date These are not yet configurable, but I'm working on it. REPORTING BUGS
Please, report any issues to the gsimplecal issue tracker, available at: https://github.com/dmedvinsky/gsimplecal/issues AUTHOR
Created by Dmitry Medvinsky et al. SEE ALSO
tzset(3), strftime(3) 2012-03-26 GSIMPLECAL(1)