Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk until the end of file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers awk until the end of file Post 302947437 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 18th of June 2015 03:47:42 AM
Old 06-18-2015
Do you mean print a paragraph whose first line contains "Policy Change"? . Try:
Code:
awk '!NF{P=0} /Policy Change/ {P=1} P' file

or
Code:
awk '/Policy Change/' RS= file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to comment out lines to the end of file

Hello, I have a file as follow a b c c d d e I would like to write a awk command to insert # from the first occurence of "c" to the end of the files. OUTPUT should be like this a b #c (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

End of file in AWK

Hello! I need to control when i arrive to the end of my file, any built-in? or another way to do? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: claw82
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED/AWK to extract xml at end of file

Hello everyone, Firstly i do not require alot of help.. i am right at the end of finishing my scipt but cannot find a solution to the last part. What i need to do is, prompt the user for a file to work with, which i have done. promt the user for an output file - which is done. #!/bin/bash... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hugh86
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK : Add columns in the end of csv file

Hi everybody, I need some help please I have a csv file named masterFile1.csv header1,header2,header3 value1,value2,value3 value4,value5,value6 I am trying to add new columns in the end of the csv to have a new csv file named masterFile2.csv like this :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: villebonnais
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print required values at end of the file by using AWK

I am looking help in awk, quick overview. we will get feed from external system . The input file looks like below. Detail Id Info Id Order Id STATUS Status Date FileDetail 99127942 819718 CMOG223481502 PR 04-17-2011 06:01:34PM... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvrbabu
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK-grep from line number to the end of file

Does anyone know how to use awk to act like grep from a particular line number to the end of file? I am using Solaris 10 and I don't have any GNU products installed. Say I want to print all occurrences of red starting at line 3 to the end of file. EXAMPLE FILE: red green red red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to append incremental numbers to the end of duplicate file names.

I'm currently working on a script that extracts files from a .zip, runs an sha1sum against them and then uses awk to pre-format them into zomething more readable thusly: Z 69 89e013b0d8aa2f9a79fcec4f2d71c6a469222c07 File1 Z 69 6c3aea28ce22b495e68e022a1578204a9de908ed File2 Z 69... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ethereal
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add 8 columns at the end of .csv file using awk

Hello all, I have a .csv file of 16 columns consists of bunch of numbers. 6.45E+01 1.17E+01 8.10E+04 8.21E+01 8.50E+00 1.20E+01 1.02E+01 1.88E+01 1.86E+04 3.53E+03 1.09E+07 3.82E+04 2.09E+03 3.57E+03 2.98E+03 3.93E+03 6.34E+01 3.23E+01 9.24E+04 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::RequireUpperUserHContrPerl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::RequireUpperCaseHeredocTerminator(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::RequireUpperCaseHeredocTerminator - Write " <<'THE_END'; " instead of " <<'theEnd'; ". AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
For legibility, HEREDOC terminators should be all UPPER CASE letters (and numbers), without any whitespace. Conway also recommends using a standard prefix like "END_" but this policy doesn't enforce that. print <<'the End'; #not ok Hello World the End print <<'THE_END'; #ok Hello World THE_END CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. SEE ALSO
Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::RequireQuotedHeredocTerminator AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::RequireUpperCaseHeredocTerminator(3)