Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Automate patch download & deployment Post 302947427 by pawpaw on Thursday 18th of June 2015 02:14:38 AM
Old 06-18-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbatte1
Thanks for the question.

I regret I have a few in response first.
  • What sort of environment do you have in play? Is it just 2-3 servers or many?
  • Do you have a NIM server (or more)
Hi,

We have 30 - 50 LPARs.
All Service Packs are copied & patched manually.

At the moment no NIM & SUMA server yet.
Question is, is IBM endpoint manager utilizing the underlying SUMA and NIM functions to download and install patches?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Download patch cluster

Does anyone have an alternate site to download J2SE Solaris Recommended Patch Cluster for Solaris 8. Sun does not let me download the patches unless I have a support contract. I do not. Our software is legal, but our support contract wore out. I need this patchset to avoid downloading 30... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What UNIX is best for an all-in-one-server deployment

Heya, my university department wants to deploy a UNIX based system instead of various unnetokred windows PCs. We are trying to build a terminal server solution on either FreeBSD,Solaris or Debian Linux. The system would mostly run office applications on X11 and file sharing (with Samba). In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: masterfreek64
4 Replies

4. Solaris

problem installing "download only" patch

Hi guys, can you help me solve this trouble? TNX! root@TRaNCe(/var/sadm/spool) # patchadd /var/sadm/spool/121431-36.jar Validating patches... Loading patches installed on the system... Done! Loading patches requested to install. Done! Checking patches that you specified for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: static
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download & install JDK 1.6

Hi.. I want to download & install JDK 1.6 for linux so please help me where i can downlod it free Regards Rinku Garg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download AT&T ksh88 ?

Hello, I need ksh88 for my linux system - and I don't want pdksh. Possible to get original ksh 88 binaries or source ? (I don't need ksh93 which is available) thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Application Deployment Script

Hi, I need to develop a script which will deploy my web application binary(.war) file in the jboss application server. I also need to take the back up of the existing binary file and rename the same with current date and then deploy the new binary from my specified location. The same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 download & md5sum

Hi, I download Full DVD Image (zip): Oracle Solaris 10 (SPARC) (2,079,737,380 bytes) (md5sum: 3a24f5746ebab5f254c359f979e644f7) I have also downloaded md5sum.exe from the following site bt.etree.org | Community Tracker when i run the md5sum it show, D:\Solaris... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
6 Replies
SHAPE_PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SHAPE_PATCH(1)

NAME
shape_patch - shapeTools RMS generate patch file SYNOPSIS
shape patch OLDRELEASE=<name1> NEWRELEASE=<name2> [PATCHFILE=<filename>] DESCRIPTION
Shape patch generates a patch file for updating $(OLDRELEASE) to $(NEWRELEASE). Both releases are identified by release names associated with the macros OLD-/NEWRELEASE on the command line. Valid release names are those generated by any of the shape_RMS (pre-)release building procedures (see shape_releas(1)). Performing 'vl -all' with the release identification file as argument usually gives a good overview of existing release names. Patch generation happens recursively over all subsystems being part of the current node. Hence, triggering shape patch from the top node of the central source repository creates a patch file for the whole system. The output of shape patch is stored in a file named <name1>+2+<name2>.pat. When the PATCHFILE macro is set on the command line, $(PATCH- FILE) is taken as output file name instead. Defining PATCHFILE=- on the command line causes the patch to be written to standard output. Note: For patches invoking multiple subsystems, $(PATCHFILE) should be set to an absolute pathname. If not, the patch generation procedure will leave an equally named patch file for each visited subsystem. The patch is constructed using the vdiff(1) command and can be applied to any installation of $(OLDRELEASE) by invoking patch(1). INCONVENIENCES
On System V machines, the generated patch file name will almost certainly exceed the 14 characters filename length limit. SEE ALSO
shape_releas(1), vdiff(1), patch(1) FILES
<name1>+2+<name2>.pat 21.10.119 SHAPE_PATCH(1)