Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How I can find the last file created and move it to a directory? Post 302947407 by Bernardo Jarami on Wednesday 17th of June 2015 07:16:57 PM
Old 06-17-2015
How I can find the last file created and move it to a directory?

I have this situation
Code:
 /u03/app/banjobs> ls -ltr icg*

82 Jun 12 10:37 iicgorldi_2419186.log
  56810484 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421592.xml
      2859 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421592.lis
-      125 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421592.log
      82 Jun 12 10:37 iicgorldi_2419187.log
   56810484 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421597.xml
     2859 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421597.lis
  1 banjobs  jobsub       125 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421597.log
2421597.xml

I need to grab the last XML file created
rename and move to a directory the number (2421597) change every time the process run, I need to write a shl script to do that...The process that generates the file is schedule to run 3 times a day, so three different files are created
with a different number like:
Code:
 icgorldi_2421597.xml
icgorldi_2421598.xml
icgorldi_2421599.xml

The number is a sequence but it its share by other processes, so this file is not necessary in a sequence 97..9..99 the number is random..
Thank you

Thank you
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, sample output, and sample code segments.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 06-17-2015 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all files created by a specified user in a directory and its subdirectories

Is there a command or shell script which can be used for Finding all files created by a specified userid in a directory and its subdirectories. Say, I want to find all such files in directory /abc as well as in all the subdirectories such as /abc/xyz or /abc/xyz/pqr aqnd so on which was created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the directory modified/created before 4 days

Hi, I have an application which creates some directories while running. I want to delete these directories which are 4 days older. i tried find . type d -mtime +1 -print And it is working fine.. but find . type d -mtime +4 -print is not giving any results which are 4 days... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the newly created directory

Hi, I need to create new directory by increasing the number by 1 of extracted lastly created directory. e.g. Log\out_log_1\ Log\out_log_2\ Log\out_log_3\ become Log\out_log_1\ Log\out_log_2\ Log\out_log_3\ Log\out_log_4\ Can anyone help how to do it in c-shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andre_2008
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to find the date on which a particular directory is created?

how to find the date on which a particular directory is created? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commando to find and move mp3 file and directory

Hello, I have a lot of mp3 in a various directory. My goal is a command that find all mp3 file and move the files and directory where is the mp3 file to a destination folder. Is it possible? Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giangi007
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files created today in a particular directory?

Dear All, I want a Hp Ux command to find out the files created today in a particular directory or mountpoint. Kindly help. Thanks Bhaskar (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help list/find files greater 1G move to different directory

I have have 6 empty directory below. I would like write bash scipt if any files less "1000000000" bytes then move to "/export/home/mytmp/final" folder first and any files greater than "1000000000" bytes then move to final1, final2, final3, final4, final4, final5 and that depend see how many files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotran
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a list of files in directory, move to new, allow duplicates

Greetings. I know enough Unix to be dangerous (!) and know that there is a clever way to do the following and it will save me about a day of agony (this time) and I will use it forever after! (many days of agony saved in the future)! Basically I need to find any image files (JPGs, PSDs etc)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clyde Lovett
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find if create time of last created file in a directory is older than 5 minutes

A process xyz is running and creating file1, file2, file3, .... filen. how do i know if the process has stopped and createtime of the last file (filen) is older than 5 minutes? OS is AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
3 Replies
VK_LOGMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    VK_LOGMERGE(1)

NAME
vk_logmerge - a Valgrind XML log file merger SYNOPSIS
vk_logmerge [flags and input files in any order] DESCRIPTION
vk_logmerge is a valkyrie(1) helper. Given multiple log files (in xml format) generated by multiple runs on a parallel machine, or multiple log files generated by sequential runs on a single-processor machine, for the same binary, vk_logmerge merges the log files together, sum- ming the counts of duplicates, and outputs the result to a single file. As input, vk_logmerge expects the log-files to-be-merged and/or a file containing the list of log-files to-be-merged, with each entry on a separate line. Log files can be merged from within valkyrie(1) , or use can invoke vk_logmerge directly. OPTIONS
-h Show help message -v Be verbose (more -v's give more) -t Output plain text (non-xml) -f <log_list> Obtain input files from <log_list> file (one per line) -o <writefile> File to write output to At least 1 input file must be given. If no '-o outfile' is given, writes to standard output. EXAMPLES
vk_logmerge log1.xml -f loglist.fls -o merged.xml SEE ALSO
valkyrie(1), valgrind(1). AUTHOR
vk_logmerge was written by Donna Robinson, Cerion Armour-Brown and others. This manual page was written by Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2009-05-02 VK_LOGMERGE(1)