Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 patching using live upgrade with VxVM Post 302947392 by feroccimx on Wednesday 17th of June 2015 04:01:37 PM
Old 06-17-2015
Solaris 10 patching using live upgrade with VxVM

Hello,

I was assigned some Solaris machines and need to patch them to N-1, where N is the latest OS realease, which means, upgrade till one version before the latest one.

I do not now a lot about Solaris. What I only know is that need to make use of live upgrade and be careful with VxVM running on it.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

S10 Live Upgrade w/ VxVM unencapsulated

Hello All, I will be upgrading a Solaris 10 (11/06 u3) server to 09/10 u9. I am aware of all the patching necessary and the Live Upgrade procedure for this. This system has VxVM (5.0) installed and used for managing SAN data disks only. Root disk(s) are not encapsulated. The info I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: btny
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Patching vs OS Upgrade

Hello, I have a doubt regarding patching and OS upgrade. What is the difference when i install a Recomended Patch Cluster using installcluster script on a solaris10 update 6 server vs Upgrading Solaris 10 update 6 to update 10 ? I have applied update10 Recomended Patch Cluster on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Live Upgrade Patching Error: Unable to write vtoc

Attempting to patch several servers using live upgrade Release: Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10x_u10wos_17b X86 Error I'm receiving is in the message in the log below tail -15 /var/svc/log/rc6.log Legacy init script "/etc/rc0.d/K50pppd" exited with return code 0. Executing legacy init... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siralos
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris patching issue with Live Upgrade

I have Solaris-10 sparc box with ZFS file-system, which is running two non global zones. I am in process of applying Solaris Recommended patch cluster via Live Upgrade. Though I have enough space in root file-system of both zones, everytime I run installcluster, it fails with complaining less... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Patching using live upgrade - with non-globalzone

Hi all, I would like to ask what will be the best practice for the following setup / - c0t0d0s0 - current BE (named First) / - c0t0d1s0 - alternate BE (name Second) i have a non-global zone with zonepath in /zones/myzone /mnt/opt - c0t0d2s6 (shared between the 2 BE)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to use live-upgrade with single disk, pre-patching steps?

Hi, I have Solaris-10 x86 (running on HP hardware), with 12 non-global zones running on this. I have to install latest patch cluster/set on this server. This server is not under backup schedule, so before installing patch cluster, I want to keep a backup. In case of any issue (bad patch or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
       dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files

SYNOPSIS
       dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding
       sysv init script is available.

As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in
       which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade).  This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because
       invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case.

OPTIONS
       --restart-after-upgrade
	   Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed.  This is the default behaviour in compat 10.

In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst.

This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon
	   will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option.

--no-restart-after-upgrade
	   Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10).  If no other options are given, this will cause the service to
	   be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script.

-r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade
	   Do not stop service on upgrade.

--no-start
	   Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a
	   corresponding init script).

NOTES
       Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments).
       Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts.

Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence
       in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

AUTHORS
       pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)