Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for Deleting a process which exist every day in hold state Post 302947376 by Phani369 on Wednesday 17th of June 2015 02:34:27 PM
Old 06-17-2015
Hi Jim ,

i am not getting any error .. when i run this script is running continuously .. so i am stopping it manually ..

Yes ,
Code:
del

command is related to direct to delete the process.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process State

If your process makes a system call, then while the system call code is being run in the kernel, is your process READY, RUNNING or BLOCKED? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ianlow
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Kill a particular process if it's over an hour hold

I meant old not hold :) I need to kill a process if it's over an hour old and then send an e-mail of the list that was killed.....? I need to kill ps -ef | grep stashd | grep ' older than an hour?' #! /bin/bash if test ps -ef | grep <stashd> (Is over an hour old)???? >>stashd_old.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script (sh): state of ftp process

Hi guys, I'm writing a script in which I have to get file from a remote host by ftp. The problem is that the remote machine could be very slow, not connected or ok. To resolve this problem, I write this: echo "verbose on" > ftprap.cmd echo "prompt " >> ftprap.cmd echo "ascii"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: egiz81
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When a process will go to 'D' state?

I'm using "Linux hostname 2.6.28-15-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Tue Aug 18 18:40:08 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux" All the client machines will use Thin-client ,I will use my laptop for working and I will mount my home directory from server to my laptop. If I open the firefox in my laptop the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Kill process which is in hang state

Hi, Can anyone help to create a script that will kill the process which is in hang state. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: A.Santhosh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the lines exist between the Mattched Patterns

Hi, I have a file with the content: for name in \ sree\ rama\ laila\ srihari\ vicky\ john do echo $name done I need to remove all the name lines that exist between for (first line) and do line so that i can replace with new names. Output file should look like: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with a script for checking the state of a process

Hello Everyone, I have a process that should be always running. Unfortunately, this process is getting down almost every 10 minutes. I want to make a script that verify the state of this process: If the process is up, the script shouldn't do nothing and if it's down he should run it. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
3 Replies

8. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-c] [-n] [-x] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -c Only return process ids that are running with the same root directory. This option is ignored for non-root users, as they will be unable to check the current root directory of processes they do not own. -n Avoid stat(2) system function call on all binaries which are located on network based file systems like NFS. Instead of using this option the the variable PIDOF_NETFS may be set and exported. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o omitpid Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. EXIT STATUS
0 At least one program was found with the requested name. 1 No program was found with the requested name. NOTES
pidof is actually the same program as killall5; the program behaves according to the name under which it is called. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. Note that that the executable name of running processes is calculated with readlink(2), so symbolic links to executables will also match. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8), killall5(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)