Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find the corresponding command for a existing PID? Post 302947268 by k_manimuthu on Wednesday 17th of June 2015 02:38:53 AM
Old 06-17-2015
How to find the corresponding command for a existing PID?

Hi All,

A process completed already and I have the PID. I want to know the which command used for this PID. 'ps' command and '/proc' folder having the list current process only. Is there a way to search completed process PID?

Thanks,
Manimuthu

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a hanging pid

I am trying to write a simple shell script to find a hanging pid and kill it.Any idea how to find a hanging pid?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kanth
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find PID's

I have a script which spawns multiple compilations. Sometimes due to some errors i have to terminate that script. Now comes the main part, how do I do that? I can see the individual compilations via ps -ef | grep compiler and also kill them via kill -9 pid But the scirpt continues: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

To find pid from port number

Hi, I am working on HP-UX Release 11i. I want to find the process id (PID) of the process running on a particular port. lsof command fuser does not work on this system. Please suggest some alternative. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmat
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find only PID value

When I run ps -aef | grep aaa.exe it gives out put user 5091 5518 0 10:13:25 pts/1 0:00 grep aaa.exe user 4647 2479 0 09:26:31 ? 0:25 /kk/zzz/user/xxx/bin/aaa.exe user1 1111 2222 0 08:26:31 ? 0:25 /kk/zzz/user1/xxx/bin/aaa.exe I need Only PID value ie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH 88 - Can I find the PID for an IP connection?

Hi, If I use this command netstat | grep "1268" it shows me all IP addresses connected via port 1268, which is half of what I want. I would like to be able to then map these against a PID on the system, and also thereby get the userid. I have done a couple of days google bashing but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gcraill
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find PID for a process

I want to kill a process run by a user of another group. How do I do that..? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haimanti
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find PID for a port

Hi, I need to find the PID for a given port on the below system. HP-UX mymachine B.11.31 U ia64 3223107173 unlimited-user license How can I ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Find port for Pid

Hi, Is this the most appropriate way of finding the listen port number given the pid is "16659" ? lsof -Pan -i tcp -i udp | grep 16659 | grep -i "listen"If so, how can I extract "7001" and assign it to a variable say myport=7001 from the below output which happens to be actual port number? ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find PID using a Port?

Hi, I do not have root user credentials nor do I have the functional id of the process that uses port 80. How can I find the pid of the process using the port number 80 ? Operating System: Linux (6 Replies)
6 Replies
PLDD(1) 							 Linux User Manual							   PLDD(1)

NAME
pldd - display dynamic shared objects linked into a process SYNOPSIS
pldd PID pldd OPTION DESCRIPTION
The pldd command displays a list of the dynamic shared objects that are linked into the process with the specified process ID. The list includes the libraries that have been dynamically loaded using dlopen(3). OPTIONS
-?, --help Display program help message. --usage Display a short usage message. -V, --version Display the program version. VERSIONS
pldd is available since glibc 2.15. CONFORMING TO
The pldd command is not specified by POSIX.1. Some other systems have a similar command. EXIT STATUS
On success, pldd exits with the status 0. If the specified process does not exist, the user does not have permission to access its dynamic shared object list, or no command-line arguments are supplied, pldd exists with a status of 1. If given an invalid option, it exits with the status 64. EXAMPLE
$ echo $$ # Display PID of shell 1143 $ pldd $$ # Display DSOs linked into the shell 1143: /usr/bin/bash linux-vdso.so.1 /lib64/libtinfo.so.5 /lib64/libdl.so.2 /lib64/libc.so.6 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 /lib64/libnss_files.so.2 NOTES
The command lsof -p PID also shows output that includes the dynamic shared objects that are linked into a process. SEE ALSO
ldd(1), lsof(1), dlopen(3), ld.so(8) GNU
2014-09-27 PLDD(1)