Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find the corresponding command for a existing PID? Post 302947268 by k_manimuthu on Wednesday 17th of June 2015 02:38:53 AM
Old 06-17-2015
How to find the corresponding command for a existing PID?

Hi All,

A process completed already and I have the PID. I want to know the which command used for this PID. 'ps' command and '/proc' folder having the list current process only. Is there a way to search completed process PID?

Thanks,
Manimuthu

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a hanging pid

I am trying to write a simple shell script to find a hanging pid and kill it.Any idea how to find a hanging pid?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kanth
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find PID's

I have a script which spawns multiple compilations. Sometimes due to some errors i have to terminate that script. Now comes the main part, how do I do that? I can see the individual compilations via ps -ef | grep compiler and also kill them via kill -9 pid But the scirpt continues: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

To find pid from port number

Hi, I am working on HP-UX Release 11i. I want to find the process id (PID) of the process running on a particular port. lsof command fuser does not work on this system. Please suggest some alternative. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmat
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find only PID value

When I run ps -aef | grep aaa.exe it gives out put user 5091 5518 0 10:13:25 pts/1 0:00 grep aaa.exe user 4647 2479 0 09:26:31 ? 0:25 /kk/zzz/user/xxx/bin/aaa.exe user1 1111 2222 0 08:26:31 ? 0:25 /kk/zzz/user1/xxx/bin/aaa.exe I need Only PID value ie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH 88 - Can I find the PID for an IP connection?

Hi, If I use this command netstat | grep "1268" it shows me all IP addresses connected via port 1268, which is half of what I want. I would like to be able to then map these against a PID on the system, and also thereby get the userid. I have done a couple of days google bashing but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gcraill
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find PID for a process

I want to kill a process run by a user of another group. How do I do that..? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haimanti
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find PID for a port

Hi, I need to find the PID for a given port on the below system. HP-UX mymachine B.11.31 U ia64 3223107173 unlimited-user license How can I ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Find port for Pid

Hi, Is this the most appropriate way of finding the listen port number given the pid is "16659" ? lsof -Pan -i tcp -i udp | grep 16659 | grep -i "listen"If so, how can I extract "7001" and assign it to a variable say myport=7001 from the below output which happens to be actual port number? ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find PID using a Port?

Hi, I do not have root user credentials nor do I have the functional id of the process that uses port 80. How can I find the pid of the process using the port number 80 ? Operating System: Linux (6 Replies)
6 Replies
dpid.h(3)							     libdaemon								 dpid.h(3)

NAME
dpid.h - Contains an API for manipulating PID files. SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> Defines #define DAEMON_PID_FILE_KILL_WAIT_AVAILABLE 1 This variable is defined to 1 iff daemon_pid_file_kill_wait() is supported. Typedefs typedef const char *(* daemon_pid_file_proc_t )(void) Prototype of a function for generating the name of a PID file. Functions const char * daemon_pid_file_proc_default (void) A function for creating a pid file name from daemon_pid_file_ident. int daemon_pid_file_create (void) Creates PID pid file for the current process. int daemon_pid_file_remove (void) Removes the PID file of the current process. pid_t daemon_pid_file_is_running (void) Returns the PID file of a running daemon, if available. int daemon_pid_file_kill (int s) Kills a running daemon, if available. int daemon_pid_file_kill_wait (int s, int m) Similar to daemon_pid_file_kill() but waits until the process died. Variables const char * daemon_pid_file_ident Identification string for the PID file name, only used when daemon_pid_file_proc is set to daemon_pid_file_proc_default(). daemon_pid_file_proc_t daemon_pid_file_proc A function pointer which is used to generate the name of the PID file to manipulate. Detailed Description Contains an API for manipulating PID files. Definition in file dpid.h. Define Documentation #define DAEMON_PID_FILE_KILL_WAIT_AVAILABLE 1 This variable is defined to 1 iff daemon_pid_file_kill_wait() is supported. Since: 0.3 See also: daemon_pid_file_kill_wait() Definition at line 82 of file dpid.h. Typedef Documentation typedef const char*(* daemon_pid_file_proc_t)(void) Prototype of a function for generating the name of a PID file. Definition at line 37 of file dpid.h. Function Documentation int daemon_pid_file_create (void) Creates PID pid file for the current process. Returns: zero on success, nonzero on failure Examples: testd.c. pid_t daemon_pid_file_is_running (void) Returns the PID file of a running daemon, if available. Returns: The PID or negative on failure Examples: testd.c. int daemon_pid_file_kill (int s) Kills a running daemon, if available. Parameters: s The signal to send Returns: zero on success, nonzero on failure int daemon_pid_file_kill_wait (int s, int m) Similar to daemon_pid_file_kill() but waits until the process died. This functions is new in libdaemon 0.3. The macro DAEMON_PID_FILE_KILL_WAIT_AVAILABLE is defined iff libdaemon supports this function. Parameters: s The signal to send m Seconds to wait at maximum Returns: zero on success, nonzero on failure (timeout condition is considered a failure) Since: 0.3 See also: DAEMON_PID_FILE_KILL_WAIT_AVAILABLE Examples: testd.c. const char* daemon_pid_file_proc_default (void) A function for creating a pid file name from daemon_pid_file_ident. Returns: The PID file path int daemon_pid_file_remove (void) Removes the PID file of the current process. Returns: zero on success, nonzero on failure Examples: testd.c. Variable Documentation const char* daemon_pid_file_ident Identification string for the PID file name, only used when daemon_pid_file_proc is set to daemon_pid_file_proc_default(). Use daemon_ident_from_argv0() to generate an identification string from argv[0] Examples: testd.c. daemon_pid_file_proc_t daemon_pid_file_proc A function pointer which is used to generate the name of the PID file to manipulate. Points to daemon_pid_file_proc_default() by default. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libdaemon from the source code. Version 0.14 17 Jan 2010 dpid.h(3)