Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Automate patch download & deployment Post 302947263 by pawpaw on Tuesday 16th of June 2015 11:15:46 PM
Old 06-17-2015
Automate patch download & deployment

Hi all,

I am exploring how I can automate the download and patching of my AIX servers via a central management mechanism.

I will need to patch all my servers annually to a certain pre-determined Service Pack (SP) level.

So far I performed some online search and found 2 products that might be able to do this. IBM Endpoint Manager and BMC Server Automation.

Does anyone have experience with either of the products? What are the pros & cons? Also, are there any other products out there that can do the same?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Download patch cluster

Does anyone have an alternate site to download J2SE Solaris Recommended Patch Cluster for Solaris 8. Sun does not let me download the patches unless I have a support contract. I do not. Our software is legal, but our support contract wore out. I need this patchset to avoid downloading 30... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What UNIX is best for an all-in-one-server deployment

Heya, my university department wants to deploy a UNIX based system instead of various unnetokred windows PCs. We are trying to build a terminal server solution on either FreeBSD,Solaris or Debian Linux. The system would mostly run office applications on X11 and file sharing (with Samba). In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: masterfreek64
4 Replies

4. Solaris

problem installing "download only" patch

Hi guys, can you help me solve this trouble? TNX! root@TRaNCe(/var/sadm/spool) # patchadd /var/sadm/spool/121431-36.jar Validating patches... Loading patches installed on the system... Done! Loading patches requested to install. Done! Checking patches that you specified for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: static
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download & install JDK 1.6

Hi.. I want to download & install JDK 1.6 for linux so please help me where i can downlod it free Regards Rinku Garg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download AT&T ksh88 ?

Hello, I need ksh88 for my linux system - and I don't want pdksh. Possible to get original ksh 88 binaries or source ? (I don't need ksh93 which is available) thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Application Deployment Script

Hi, I need to develop a script which will deploy my web application binary(.war) file in the jboss application server. I also need to take the back up of the existing binary file and rename the same with current date and then deploy the new binary from my specified location. The same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 download & md5sum

Hi, I download Full DVD Image (zip): Oracle Solaris 10 (SPARC) (2,079,737,380 bytes) (md5sum: 3a24f5746ebab5f254c359f979e644f7) I have also downloaded md5sum.exe from the following site bt.etree.org | Community Tracker when i run the md5sum it show, D:\Solaris... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
6 Replies
setup.types(5)						      Easy Software Products						    setup.types(5)

NAME
setup.types - epm gui setup types file format. DESCRIPTION
The EPM setup program normally presents the user with a list of software products to install, which is called a "custom" software installa- tion. If a file called setup.types is present in the package directory, the user will instead be presented with a list of installation types. Each type has an associated product list which determines the products that are installed by default. If a type has no products associated with it, then it is treated as a custom installation and the user is presented with a list of packages to choose from. FILE FORMAT
The setup.types file is an ASCII text file consisting of type and product lines. Comments can be inserted by starting a line with the pound sign (#). Each installation type is defined by a line starting with the word TYPE. Products are defined by a line starting with the word INSTALL: TYPE Typical End-User Configuration INSTALL foo INSTALL foo-help TYPE Typical Developer Configuration INSTALL foo INSTALL foo-help INSTALL foo-devel INSTALL foo-examples TYPE Custom Configuration In the example above, three installation types are defined. Since the last type includes no products, the user will be presented with the full list of products to choose from. SEE ALSO
epm(1) - create software packages setup(1) - graphical setup program for the esp package manager COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2007 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 3 April 2006 ESP Package Manager setup.types(5)