Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A metronome...
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) A metronome... Post 302947257 by wisecracker on Tuesday 16th of June 2015 05:52:33 PM
Old 06-16-2015
Hi bakunin...

By creating two more files like the original two but with less _amplitude_ then emphasis is easily possible.

SOX OTOH is capable of volume settings per call so that could override the above sentence except if someone decided to use '/dev/dsp' then the multiple file method is the only way.

Your suggestion of a "bar" parameter is equally simple I might just do it for fun...

Thanks for your interest...

(BTW I was classically trained on the Bb Boehme Clarinet and Cello and I am a self taught guitar player. Sadly however age has caught up and is taking its toll.)

SMFREC(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SMFREC(1)

NAME
smfrec -- record a standard MIDI file SYNOPSIS
smfrec [-amxy] [-g measure] [-d devname] [-i devname] midifile DESCRIPTION
The smfrec utility records a MIDI file. It can add recorded events on top of an existing midi file. To stop performance, send an interrupt signal to smfrec (for instance by pressing control ^C on the terminal). The options are as follows: -a Append mode. Play the given midi file and append to it a new track containing recorded events. -m Use metronome. -x Synchronise to the default midi(4) device instead of using an internal clock source. -y Send midi timing information to the default device. Useful if it is a slave MIDI sequencer. -g measure Start playback and recording at the given measure number. -d filename Default midi(4) device from which to record and on which to send midi events. If not specified, the content of the MIDIDEV environment variable will be used instead. -i filename Alternate input midi(4) device. Voice events (notes, controllers, etc) received on the input device will be recorded and sent as-is to the default device. Without this flag, the default device will be used for input. The smfrec utility is an interface to midish(1). If more specific features are needed, the user may consider using midish(1). EXAMPLES
The following will play mysong.mid and append to it recorded events from device /dev/rmidi4; metronome will be used. $ smfrec -a -m -d /dev/rmidi4 mysong.mid SEE ALSO
smfplay(1), midish(1), midi(4) BSD
August 27, 2005 BSD