Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing nth field with nth_text for each line in a file Post 302947249 by arunkumarsd on Tuesday 16th of June 2015 04:52:21 PM
Old 06-16-2015
Thanks a lot. It works perfect Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the last field of a line.

Hi, I wrote a script which extracts data from 2 tables (joining the tables together) and outputs the fields to a csv file. the output may look something like scenario 1: a,b,c,d,1,2,3,4 or scenario 2: a,b,c,d,,,, now, in the second scenario, there are some empty fields at the end of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darek
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding nth occurrence in line and replacing it

Hi, I have several files with data that have to be imported to a database. These files contain records with separator characters. Some records are corrupt (2 separators are missing) and I need to correct them prior to importing them into the db. Example: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a string in nth line

Hello All, How to replace a string in nth line of a file using sed or awk. For Ex: test.txt Line 1 : TEST1 TEST2 TEST3 Line 2 : TEST1 TEST2 TEST3 TEST4 Line 3 : TEST1 TEST2 TEST3 TEST5 Line 4 : TEST1 TEST2 TEST3 TEST6 Line 5 : TEST1 TEST2 TEST3 TEST7 i want to go to 4th line of a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing field in specific line in a file

Hi, I know there are lots of threads on replacing text within files, usually using sed or awk. However, I find it hard to adapt examples that I found to my specific case. I am kind of new to UNIX and have hard times learning the syntax either for sed or awk so I would appreciate any help. Here's... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vytenis
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a nth field from a comma delimited file

Hi, In my file (which is "," delimited and text qualifier is "), I have to extract a particualr field. file1: 1,"aa,b",4 expected is the 2nd field: aa,b I tried the basic cut -d "," -f 2 file 1, this gave me aa alone instead aa,b. A small hint ot help on this will be very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a value of Nth field of nth row

Using Awk, how can I achieve the following? I have set of record numbers, for which, I have to replace the nth field with some values, say spaces. Eg: Set of Records : 4,9,10,55,89,etc I have to change the 8th field of all the above set of records to spaces (10 spaces). Its a delimited... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pattern from nth field from a file

$ cat /cygdrive/d/Final2.txt 1,A ,Completed, 07.03_23.01 ,Jun 30 20:00 2,BBB,Pending,, 3,CCCCC,Pending,, 4,DDDDD,Pending,, 5,E,Pending,, 6,FFFF,Pending,, 7,G,Pending,, In the above file 4th field is date which is in MM.DD_HH.MIN format and I need to convert it to as it is there in 5th... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pattern from nth field from a file

I have posted this again as old post is closed and I am not able to reopen. so please consider this new post Input File : 1,A,Completed,06.02_19.36,Jun 30 20:00 2,BBB,Failed,07.04_05.12,Jul 21 19:06 3,CCCCC,New,07.21_03.03,Jul 26 12:57 4,DDDDD,Pending,, I wast output file as: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Use strings from nth field from one file to match strings in entire line in another file, awk

I cannot seem to get what should be a simple awk one-liner to work correctly and cannot figure out why. I would like to use patterns from a specific field in one file as regex to search for matching strings in the entire line ($0) of another file. I would like to output the lines of File2 which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvoot
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
CMPH(1) 							   User Commands							   CMPH(1)

NAME
cmph - minimum perfect hashing tool SYNOPSIS
cmph [-v] [-h] [-V] [-k nkeys] [-f hash_function] [-g [-c value][-s seed] ] [-a algorithm] [-M memory_in_MB] [-b BRZ_parameter] [-d tmp_dir] [-m file.mph] keysfile DESCRIPTION
Command line tool to generate and query minimal perfect hash functions. Please refer to http://cmph.sf.net for full documentation. -h Print an help message -c This value determines: the number of vertices in the graph for the algorithms BMZ and CHM; the number of bits per key required in the FCH algorithm -a Algorithm. Valid values are: bmz, bmz8, chm, brz, fch -f hash function (may be used multiple times). valid values are: djb2, fnv, jenkins, sdbm -V Print version number and exit -v Increase verbosity (may be used multiple times) -k Number of keys -g Generation mode -s Random seed -m Minimum perfect hash function file -M Main memory availability (in MB) -d Temporary directory used in brz algorithm -b Parameter of BRZ algorithm to make the maximal number of keys in a bucket lower than 256 keysfile Line separated file with keys EXAMPLE
$ # Using the default algorithm (chm) for constructing a mphf $ # for keys in file keys_file. Lines in keys_file _must_ be unique. $ ./cmph -v -g keys_file $ # Query id of keys in the file keys_query $ ./cmph -v -m keys_file.mph keys_query AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Enrico Tassi <gareuselesinge@users.sourceforge.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). cmph 0.6 October 2007 CMPH(1)