Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash/awk and for loop to create a template Post 302947124 by Aia on Monday 15th of June 2015 03:57:31 PM
Old 06-15-2015
Where do you extract the www.google.cz; ?
Code:
google.cz
czechrepublic.google.cz
brno.google.cz

Anyway, perhaps something like this would be close to a solution.
Code:
awk 'NF>1 {
        sub("http://", "", $1);
        print "server {";
        print "        listen 80;";
        print "        server_name", $1";";
        print "        rewrite  ^/(.*)$", $2, "permanent;";
        print "       }";
}' source_file

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK create loop for fields

Hi everybody: I just create awk script. This script calculate the average of a field, but i want to do it for every fields. The original field has 40 fields of numbers like that: 38.00 51.00 10.00 -99.90 75.00 47.00 4.00 -99.90 69.00 121.00 62.00 6.00 70.00 43.00 36.00 49.00 8.00 36.00 50.00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create users from template

Create users from template file (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

4. Programming

Perl script to create latex template.

Hi, I have XML file and I extracted some tags and stored in hash, my data as look like this $var1={ 'stud.xml'={ '24'=>'<address> <streetname="xxxx"/> <housenum="138"/"> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create EVIM template with SAS extension

I write lots of SAS programs and would like to create a script that allows me to have a template each time I create a new program file. Specs: I use EVIM for my editor. I run SAS in batch mode. We use RedHat 6. I don't use c shell. I want a script that will do the following: >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: starbecks
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

filling in strings in a template file using awk

Hi all, I have a template form to fill in for quite a number of files and I want to automate the filling-in process. the concept seemed to be simple but i cant get it work. the template form is a text file containing the information below: File Name: Date Created: Contents: I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash for loop with awk and variables

I'm relatively new to bash scripting and am trying to use awk inside a bash for loop but am having a problem with the variables. for i in $(seq 30 5 60) do # Define variables up and down in AWK eval $(awk 'BEGIN{ print "up=$((i+1))"}' < /dev/null) eval $(awk 'BEGIN{ print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lily-anne
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Create an unconfigured VMware host from a template that is set to do firstboot --reconfig

I have an Oracle Linux 7.1 vsphere host built. It's be preconfigured with our security configurations. What I would like to do is unconfigure this host. Then set the host to do firstboot --reconfigure. how do I do that using /etc/sysconfig/firstboot? I've tried setting ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create directory and sub-directory with awk and bash

In the below I am trying to create a parent directory using the R_2019 line from f1 if what above it is not empty. I then create sub-directories under each parent if there is a match between $2 of f1 and $2. Inside each sub-folder the matching paths in $3 and $4 in f2are printed. If there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
NE_ADDR_RESOLVE(3)						neon API reference						NE_ADDR_RESOLVE(3)

NAME
ne_addr_resolve, ne_addr_result, ne_addr_first, ne_addr_next, ne_addr_error, ne_addr_destroy - functions to resolve hostnames to addresses SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_socket.h> ne_sock_addr *ne_addr_resolve (const char *hostname, int flags); int ne_addr_result (const ne_sock_addr *addr); const ne_inet_addr *ne_addr_first (ne_sock_addr *addr); const ne_inet_addr *ne_addr_next (ne_sock_addr *addr); char *ne_addr_error (const ne_sock_addr *addr, char *buffer, size_t bufsiz); void ne_addr_destroy (ne_sock_addr *addr); DESCRIPTION
The ne_addr_resolve function resolves the given hostname, returning an ne_sock_addr object representing the address (or addresses) associ- ated with the hostname. The flags parameter is currently unused, and must be passed as 0. The hostname passed to ne_addr_resolve can be a DNS hostname (e.g. "www.example.com") or an IPv4 dotted quad (e.g. "192.0.34.72"); or, on systems which support IPv6, an IPv6 hex address, which may be enclosed in brackets, e.g. "[::1]". To determine whether the hostname was successfully resolved, the ne_addr_result function is used, which returns non-zero if an error oc- curred. If an error did occur, the ne_addr_error function can be used, which will copy the error string into a given buffer (of size buf- siz). The functions ne_addr_first and ne_addr_next are used to retrieve the Internet addresses associated with an address object which has been successfully resolved. ne_addr_first returns the first address; ne_addr_next returns the next address after the most recent call to ne_ad- dr_next or ne_addr_first, or NULL if there are no more addresses. The ne_inet_addr pointer returned by these functions can be passed to ne_sock_connect to connect a socket. After the address object has been used, it should be destroyed using ne_addr_destroy. RETURN VALUE
ne_addr_resolve returns a pointer to an address object, and never NULL. ne_addr_error returns the buffer parameter . EXAMPLES
The code below prints out the set of addresses associated with the hostname www.google.com. ne_sock_addr *addr; char buf[256]; addr = ne_addr_resolve("www.google.com", 0); if (ne_addr_result(addr)) { printf("Could not resolve www.google.com: %s ", ne_addr_error(addr, buf, sizeof buf)); } else { const ne_inet_addr *ia; printf("www.google.com:"); for (ia = ne_addr_first(addr); ia != NULL; ia = ne_addr_next(addr)) { printf(" %s", ne_iaddr_print(ia, buf, sizeof buf)); } putchar(' '); } ne_addr_destroy(addr); SEE ALSO
ne_iaddr_print(3) AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@webdav.org>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWneon | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Neon is available on http://opensolaris.org. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWneon | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Neon is available on http://opensolaris.org. neon 0.25.5 20 January 2006 NE_ADDR_RESOLVE(3)