Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX 11.23 - server is crawling Post 302947095 by waytec on Monday 15th of June 2015 11:20:06 AM
Old 06-15-2015
how do I close or resolve a thread. I dont have time to scour the site now but would later and do not want the thread to remain open??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Finding server Model on HPUX

Hi i am just wondering is there a command in hp that you can find the server model on hpux? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnineill
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuration of email on HPUX server

I am working in an developer 2000 based application where backend is Oracle9i in unix environment. My application has the functionality if email generation. But I am not able to test this functionality as my HPUX server is not configured for emails. Please let me know the steps for configuring mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharmavr
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need an advise Backup HPUX Server while online

I will perform a "fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i /". Can any body advise me on the following: 1. Is this a full backup of the entire file system or like the entire image of the server. Is it ok to do a backup while the server is online. 2. If it is not advisable to do a backup while the server is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: real-chess
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Can't start the cpp server in hpux

Hello, I have writtern the makefile and successfully produce the server exe. But, it doesn't run in hpux11.11 server. compile and link option: /opt/aCC/bin/aCC -Aa -Wl,+s /cc/smc3/root/development/auto_activation/AA_global/obj/smc3/aa_config.o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyforforum
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to execute script from my desktop windows xp to my HPUX server?

Good day, i would like to get some advice, how will i execute my script in hp ux servers, and how to configure rsh and rexec. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Ignite issue on HPUX server

Hi All, I am getting below error while igniting(restoring image) on 2470 server. i tried with different images it is giving same error. please help me out to resolve this issue * Making VxFS filesystem for "/usr/aethos/snss/suppimpapp1", (/dev/vg00/rsuppimpapp1). *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prabhu H
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crawling a MS-Doc using scripting

Hi Everyone How you doing all.Im planning to write a script that will crawl a MS-Document and should take the values from it.Is it possible at all.Im not a scripting guru just want to know your thoughts.. Im planning to do some thing like this: Microsoft Document has: Servername:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolkid
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Problem in Configuring kerberos Server on HPUX

Hi, I am getting this error during kerberos server setup in HPUX 11.31 : kdb_create: unknown LDAP backend error while adding master entry to the database ps -ef|grep ldap root 3905 1 0 13:11:36 ? 0:00 /opt/ldapux/bin/ldapclientd Unable to find out the meaning of this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to send mail with attachments in hpux server?

I am trying to send a mail alongwith attachments in hpux server. Its not throwing any error but it seems the command is still running,neither its sending the mail. The commands i am using is- uuencode 00PZ00000012OHJMA2.csv | mailx -s "Hello" abc@hp.com uuencode Shell_Script_Sample.ksh |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saga20
1 Replies
pthread_join(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  pthread_join(3C)

NAME
pthread_join - wait for thread termination SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_join(pthread_t thread, void **status); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_join() function suspends processing of the calling thread until the target thread completes. thread must be a member of the current process and it cannot be a detached thread. See pthread_create(3C). If two or more threads wait for the same thread to complete, all will suspend processing until the thread has terminated, and then one thread will return successfully and the others will return with an error of ESRCH. The pthread_join() function will not block processing of the calling thread if the target thread has already terminated. If a pthread_join() call returns successfully with a non-null status argument, the value passed to pthread_exit(3C) by the terminating thread will be placed in the location referenced by status. If the pthread_join() calling thread is cancelled, then the target thread will remain joinable by pthread_join(). However, the calling thread may set up a cancellation cleanup handler on thread prior to the join call, which may detach the target thread by calling pthread_detach(3C). See pthread_detach(3C) and pthread_cancel(3C). RETURN VALUES
If successful, pthread_join() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
EDEADLK A joining deadlock would occur, such as when a thread attempts to wait for itself. EINVAL The thread corresponding to the given thread ID is a detached thread. ESRCH No thread could be found corresponding to the given thread ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pthread_cancel(3C), pthread_create(3C), pthread_detach(3C), pthread_exit(3C), wait(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) NOTES
The pthread_join(3C) function must specify the thread ID for whose termination it will wait. Calling pthread_join() also "detaches" the thread; that is, pthread_join() includes the effect of the pthread_detach() function. If a thread were to be cancelled when blocked in pthread_join(), an explicit detach would have to be performed in the cancellation cleanup han- dler. The pthread_detach() function exists primarily for this purpose. SunOS 5.11 23 Mar 2005 pthread_join(3C)