Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File operator command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File operator command Post 302946860 by Peasant on Saturday 13th of June 2015 02:25:30 AM
Old 06-13-2015
Thanks, the NOTE explains the difference in md5.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

new operator

Hi, Please clear the 2 questions, 2 Questions, 1) Why the new as a operator? Is there any special reason why it can't be a function like malloc? 2) How are we considering sizeof(),new are as a opearartors? I know + - * / -> , . etc.. are operators, which criteria satisfied by sizeof()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File already exists error while using '>' operator

hi i am using the below code grep -v '^$' file1.lst >file1.lst but it gives file1.lst already exists. And i want to over rite on the same file Whats the work around? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jathin12
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking if file exists using a NOT operator and shell variable

Hi, I'm new to UNIX, at least shell programming and am having trouble figuring out a problem i'm having. In one section in my nested if statement, i want the program to test if the file does not exist, based on an argument supplied at the command line by the user. What i have is elif ; then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rowlf
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FIle (directory) test operator (bash)

I'm almost pulling out my hair trying to figure out what's wrong with this... there's no reason I can see that it shouldn't be working. It seems that the code acts as though the conditional statement is true no matter what - I've even tried removing the negation operator, but it always goes into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wildbluefaerie
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I use a pipe operator in a variable: OPTION="| command"?

I have a string of commands I am piping some data through and I want to allow command line switches to select which commands are used. I want to do something like this: OPTION="| command3" command1 -a -b c.txt | command2 -d -e $OPTION >result.txt I want to do it that way because OPTION may be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su with << operator

All, THe below is my script , when i use this i am getting nothing . could any one help me to know what is the use of the << operator below su - $8 << supo echo "exportsph $2 $1 $3 $4" exportsph $2 $1 $3 $4 supo i also tried as individual command su - userid << supo , when i do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

+= operator

im new to bash scripting and im just using online tutorials and trial and error. i wanted to write a script to read numbers from a file and find their sum: #!/bin/bash theSum=0 for line in $(cat numbers.txt) do let "theSum = theSum + $line" echo "$line" done echo "The sum is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrolux444
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in test file operator on a ufsdump archive file mount nfs

Hi, I would like to ask if someone know how to test a files if exist the file is a nfs mount ufsdump archive file.. i used the test operator -f -a h almost all test operator but i failed file1=ufs_root_image.dump || echo "files doesn't exist && exit 1 the false file1 is working but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl's substitution operator "s" with file contents?

Please show me how to make substitution over the contents of a file in a perl script. In a perl script, the core part of substitution operation is s/FINDPATTERN/REPLACEPATTERN/g; However, I cannot figure out how to make the substitution occur over the contents of a file. The following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use pipe operator as simple character in text file?

Hello all, I have two files which are cmd and disk. `$cat cmd lsdev | grep -iw` `$cat disk hdisk2` Now I want to use the contents of both the files in a way such that `lsdev | grep -iw` command works for hdisk2 when I write the following script: `!#/bin/sh cmd1="$( sed -n... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.trivedi
4 Replies
IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)

NAME
IO::Socket::UNIX - Object interface for AF_UNIX domain sockets SYNOPSIS
use IO::Socket::UNIX; DESCRIPTION
"IO::Socket::UNIX" provides an object interface to creating and using sockets in the AF_UNIX domain. It is built upon the IO::Socket interface and inherits all the methods defined by IO::Socket. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [ARGS] ) Creates an "IO::Socket::UNIX" object, which is a reference to a newly created symbol (see the "Symbol" package). "new" optionally takes arguments, these arguments are in key-value pairs. In addition to the key-value pairs accepted by IO::Socket, "IO::Socket::UNIX" provides. Type Type of socket (eg SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM) Local Path to local fifo Peer Path to peer fifo Listen Create a listen socket If the constructor is only passed a single argument, it is assumed to be a "Peer" specification. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE As of VERSION 1.18 all IO::Socket objects have autoflush turned on by default. This was not the case with earlier releases. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE METHODS
hostpath() Returns the pathname to the fifo at the local end peerpath() Returns the pathanme to the fifo at the peer end SEE ALSO
Socket, IO::Socket AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perl5-porters@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1996-8 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)