Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Improve script and get new output file Post 302946847 by jiam912 on Saturday 13th of June 2015 02:23:18 PM
Old 06-13-2015
Dear RudiC
Thanks For all your advises and help
I am not a programer, just i am learning. Now i am reading Pro Bash Programing to learn well bash.

I will try to optmize It.

Regates and Thanks again

---------- Post updated 06-13-15 at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous update was 06-12-15 at 09:42 PM ----------

Dear RudiC

Here my last update, hope it is more clear now. Smilie

Code:
#!/bin/bash

read -p "First: " fxl

read -p "Last : " lxl

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
file="datatochange.txt"
touch $file
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for valueNB in $(seq $fxl $lxl)
	do
        printf " |----------->> Processing value $valueNB \n"

## create Dbase ---
awk '{\
	ori_line=substr($5,1,5);\
	ori_point=substr($5,6,5);\
	off_line=substr($1,2,5);\
	off_point=substr($1,7,5);\
	printf ("'${sw_spread}' %5d.00   %5d.00 %5d.00   %5d.00\n",ori_line,ori_point,off_line,off_point)}' ${sw_offset} > $file

## create file with vps to be replaced && generate new files with changes done ----
	awk '{F=$1;a[F]?"   ":s=$2"  "$3;r=$4"  "$5;x=1;y=3;
	print "s/" s x "/" r y "/" >> F".sed"
	}END{
	for(i in a){print "sed -f "i".sed "i " > "i".new">"changefile"}
	}' $file
	sh changefile
	mv "$i" "$i.ori" && mv "$i.new" "$i"

## create file with only vps replaced && Concatenated QC files: Spread and Vps2Cancell ----	

off_spread=$(mktemp)

awk '{print substr($0,23,18)}' $i.sed > $off_spread
	grep -hFf $off_spread $i >> QC_spread_DB_$fxl"_"$lxl.x01
	awk 'BEGIN {OFS= ","}{print $6,"S,"substr($5,1,5),substr($5,6,5)}' $xl_guia >> QC_vps2cancell_DB_$fxl"_"$lxl.csv

## Deleting files
	rm -f "$i.sed"	*change*
	done

Kindly can you give other idea to change the code in red, to be more faster.. It works well but is very slow when I run the script for many files.

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Don Cragun; 06-13-2015 at 12:05 AM.. Reason: Remove duplicate post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I improve this script ???

Hi all, Still a newbie and learning as I go ... as you do :) Have created this script to report on disc usage and I've just included the ChkSpace function this morning. It's the first time I've read a file (line-by-bloody-line) and would like to know if I can improve this script ? FYI - I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any way to improve performance of this script

I have a data file of 2 gig I need to do all these, but its taking hours, any where i can improve performance, thanks a lot #!/usr/bin/ksh echo TIMESTAMP="$(date +'_%y-%m-%d.%H-%M-%S')" function showHelp { cat << EOF >&2 syntax extreme.sh FILENAME Specify filename to parse EOF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirababu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve the performance of a shell script

Hi Friends, I wrote the below shell script to generate a report on alert messages recieved on a day. But i for processing around 4500 lines (alerts) the script is taking aorund 30 minutes to process. Please help me to make it faster and improve the performace of the script. i would be very... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to improve the performance of script

Hi All, I have written a script as follows which is taking lot of time in executing/searching only 3500 records taken as input from one file in log file of 12 GB Approximately. Working of script is read the csv file as an input having 2 arguments which are transaction_id,mobile_number and search... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Var Check Script (Help improve if possible)

I am working on a script to check the var on all of my systems. Can someone help me fix it to work better or give me suggestions. #!/bin/ksh IN=/path/to/list_of_workstations.txt while read hostnames do if ping $hostnames 1 | grep alive > /dev/null then percent=`ssh -q... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whotippedmycow
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking to improve the output of this awk one-liner

I have the following awk one-liner I came up with last night to gather some data. and it works pretty well (apologies, I'm quite new with awk, and don't know how to format this pretty-printed). You can see the output with it. awk '{if ($8 == 41015 && $21 == "requests") arr+=$20;if ($8 == 41015... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to improve the performance of this script?

Hi , i wrote a script to convert dates to the formate i want .it works fine but the conversion is tkaing lot of time . Can some one help me tweek this script #!/bin/bash file=$1 ofile=$2 cp $file $ofile mydates=$(grep -Po '+/+/+' $ofile) # gets 8/1/13 mydates=$(echo "$mydates" | sort |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve sftp script

Dear all, I have written two scripts to transfer files to another server outside the company. One is a batch script , and the other script calls the batch script, send the files and archive the file sent. The problem is, that I want to get the list of files which have been uploaded the the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to improve an script?

Gents. I have 2 different scripts for the same purpose: raw2csv_1 Script raw2csv_1 finish the process in less that 1 minute raw2csv_2 Script raw2csv_2 finish the process in more that 6 minutes. Can you please check if there is any option to improve the raw2csv_2. To finish the job... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve script

Gents, Is there the possibility to improve this script to be able to have same output information. I did this script, but I believe there is a very short code to get same output here my script awk -F, '{if($10>0 && $10<=15) print $6}' tmp1 | sort -k1n | awk '{a++} END { for (n in a )... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
23 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)