Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to mount ntfs for storage HDD new to Solaris 11.2? Post 302946844 by Don Cragun on Friday 12th of June 2015 08:29:06 PM
Old 06-12-2015
It looks to me like it is saying that you haven't installed the software needed to mount NTFS filesystems on your laptop. Have you checked with Oracle to see if there are Solaris 11.2 packages that you can install to allow it to mount NTFS filesystems?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pb for mount a ntfs fs type

Hie , I have a distrib Red Hat with a kernel-2.4.9-31 . I can't mount a ntfs fs with command : #mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /windows mount: fs type ntfs not supported by kernel Why doesn't my kernel support a type ntfs ? How can I mount this FS ? Merci d'avance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Romeo_91
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mount NTFS drive ???????

can someone help tell me how to mount NTFS drive in redhat 7.1 1. is this correct ? dev/hda1 mnt/c ntfs-t defaults 0 0 2.is the mount file etc/fstab thanking you all ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: immanuelgangte
3 Replies

3. Linux

how to mount ntfs filesystem

:) Hi frds ..i hope i can get some help for this.. I am unable to mount ntfs/hpfs file system which contain my XP o/s. As per the information collected on net i found tht my kernel i.e 2.4.xx does not support ntfs ..? Now I dont knwo where to get upgraded kernel and how to deploy it ..can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicknihal
0 Replies

4. Linux

Mount ntfs in linux

How Can I mount Windows NTFS Partation in to Linux ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Deore
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can I mount Windows NTFS drive?

Just inherited a windows server to support. Windows 2003 Enterprise edition I can view driver / folders on the windows NTFS volume by mapping a drive from my windows laptop.. Can I mount this from a unix server also? I heard you can use Microsoft Services for Network File System... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to mount External HDD in VMware 6.0

Hi Friends, I am using VMware 6.0 and i want to transfer some files from External HDD so how to mount the Disk, and i am not able to assign any ip to my network card any one can help me how to set ip in VMware. Thanks and Regards, Venky.:b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1409.venkatesh
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS HDD mount on Windows XP

Hi, Unix based, My harddrive won't boot and I'm looking for a reliable tool that can mount a hdd on Windows XP and show me the files stored on a NFS system. I tried the tool: Ext2IFS but this didn't work. I found a lot of tools on google to mount nfs share thru a network but that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: severt
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

CentOS and XP dualboot + ext3/ntfs mount

I have WinXP Pro SP2 on first disk /dev/hda, which my BIOS currently has as first boot device. I have CentOS-5.2-x86_64 on second disk /dev/hdb, which I can boot into if I set my BIOS to boot from this HDD. It is using LVM with vg00 and a single LV for root (/) filesystem (ext3). How do I get... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
19 Replies

9. Fedora

unable to mount NTFS

Hi, I'm new for unix. I tried to mount windows NTFS partition in Fedora unix, but it is saying ntfs not found. The command i used is mount /dev/sdb1 -t ntfs /mnt/drive1 and how to find the available filesystem type?. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
1 Replies

10. Solaris

NTFS HDD readable from UNIX

I have somehow taken on the collateral duties of System Administrator for our small internal network. At current we have one main file server with 48 SATA swappable drives under the Solaris 10 OS. My question is this. Our analysts are bringing back data from the field in Windows formatted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbrowne20
8 Replies
MOUNT_NTFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     MOUNT_NTFS(8)

NAME
mount_ntfs -- mount an NTFS file system SYNOPSIS
mount_ntfs [-s] [-o options] special node DESCRIPTION
The mount_ntfs command attaches the NTFS file system residing on the device special to the global file system namespace at the location indi- cated by node. This command is normally executed by mount(8) at boot time, but can be used by any user to mount an NTFS file system on any directory that they own (provided, of course, that they have appropriate access to the device that contains the file system). The options are as follows: -s Mount the volume using case sensitive semantics. This means that you can create files that have names that only differ in case such as for example "foo" and "Foo". Without this option the volume is mounted using case insensitive semantics in which case if you cre- ate a file with name "foo" you then cannot create a file named "Foo" or rather if you do create a file named "Foo" it would overwrite the existing file "foo". -o Options are specified with a -o flag followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), fstab(5), mount(8) HISTORY
This NTFS implementation first appeared in Mac OS X 10.5. AUTHORS
This NTFS implementation was written by Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>. Mac OS X September 12, 2008 Mac OS X