Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing top few and bottom few rows in a file Post 302946828 by calredd on Friday 12th of June 2015 04:54:27 PM
Old 06-12-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
So, try:
Code:
awk 'NR>a+b{print (b>0 ? A[NR%b] : $0)} b>0{A[NR%b]=$0}' a=2 b=1 file

Thanks it works great.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for a particular pattern and remove few lines above top and bottom of the patter

grep for a particular pattern and remove 5 lines above the pattern and 6 lines below the pattern root@server1 # cat filename Shell Programming and Scripting test1 Shell Programminsada asda dasd asd Shell Programming and Scripting Post New Thread Shell Programming and S sadsa ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for a pattern from bottom to top.

Hi, I have a file, which is having a pattern "SEARCH" somewhere towards end of the file, if i am giving " grep -i "SEARCH" $File" , it is taking too much time as file is very big. So i want to search for the pattern from the back side of the file, how can we search for a pattern in bottom... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the bottom line of a file to the top of the file

Hi, i have a small requirement where i have to get the bottom most line from a file to the topmost position. a small example is shown below.. $ cat beep.txt It is first documented as being played in southern England. In the 16th century. By the end of the 18th century, Cricket is a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shellslave
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing rows from a file

I have a file like below and want to use awk to solve this problem. The record separator is ">". I want to look at each record section enclosed within ">". Find the row with the 2nd and 3rd columns being 0, such as 10 0 0 I need to take the first number which in this case is 10. Then... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string and print top and bottom line

Hi Folks I need a one liner to parse through a log and if the string is found print the line above, the line with the string and the line below. example: The ball is green and blue Billy through the ball higer. Jane got hurt with the ball. So if I search for Billy I would need the 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bombcan
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Title bar top and bottom

Hello forum, Seems that only I have alot of questions regarding Ubuntu :D In Ubuntu 12.04 LTS the gnome I have been using gdm and lightdm. In lightdm the top and side bars are aka "unity" and can be removed using apt-get remove unity I need to do the same for menu bars gdm. I do not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print from bottom to top?

Hi, i have a file which contains PID and wanted to execute kill command. but the thing is, when killing PID's needs to kill PID from bottom to top. Please help INPUT 21414 sh -c extract.ksh ASA 21416 /bin/ksh extract.ksh ASA 21428 /usr/bin/perl -w /var/tmp/tempperl.21416 ASA... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Duplicate Rows in a file

Hello I have a file with contents like this... Part1 Field2 Field3 Field4 (line1) Part2 Field2 Field3 Field4 (line2) Part3 Field2 Field3 Field4 (line3) Part1 Field2 Field3 Field4 (line4) Part4 Field2 Field3 Field4 (line5) Part5 Field2 Field3 Field4 (line6) Part2 Field2 Field3 Field4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekbaazigar
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove top and bottom for each column

Dear All I was wondering if someone could help me in resolving an issue. I have a file like this: column1 column2 2 4 3 5 8 9 0 12 0 0 0 0 9 0 87 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 4 0 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
2 Replies
pfspad(1)						      General Commands Manual							 pfspad(1)

NAME
pfspad - Add borders to a frame in PFS stream SYNOPSIS
pfspad [--left <columns>] [--right <columns>] [--top <rows>] [--bottom <rows>] [--width <new_width>] [--height <new_height>] [--R <val>] [--G <val>] [--B <val>] [--Y <val>] [--help] DESCRIPTION
Add borders to each frame in PFS stream. User specifies size of left, right, top and bottom border or size of an output image. Color of borders can be specified as well. OPTIONS
--left <columns>, -l <columns> Width in pixels of the left border. --right <columns>, -r <columns> Width in pixels of the right border. --top <rows>, -t <rows> Height in pixels of the top border. --bottom <rows>, -b <rows> Height in pixels of the bottom border. --width <new_width>, -W <new_width> Width of an output image. Note that --width can be mixed with either --left or --right option. --height <new_height>, -H <new_height> Height of an output image. Note that --height can be mixed with either --top or --bottom option. --R <val>, -R <val>, --G <val>, -G <val>, --B <val>, -B <val> Color of borders in RGB mode. Default color is black, and if some of the components is not specified, its value is set to 0.0. --Y <val>, -Y <val> Color of borders in luminance mode. --help, -h Print a list of commandline options. EXAMPLES
pfsin image.hdr | pfspad --left 50 --bottom 20 | pfsout out.hdr Add 50 columns to the left and 20 rows to the bottom side of image.hdr. Color of borders is default black. pfsin image.hdr | pfspad --top 20 --height 500 --width 400 --R 1.0 | pfsout out.hdr Add 20 rows to the top side of image.hdr and create output image out.hdr 500 pixels in height and 400 pixels in width. Color of bor- ders is set to red. SEE ALSO
pfsin(1) pfsout(1) BUGS
Please report bugs and comments to Dorota Zdrojewska <dzdrojewska@wi.ps.pl>. pfspad(1)