Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automate OTPW login to ssh via bash script Post 302946785 by neutronscott on Friday 12th of June 2015 10:43:30 AM
Old 06-12-2015
The problem is you want to borrow the tty to get data, but then continue to use it interactively. You'll need a middle-man.

expect is a tcl program that can script interactive programs, and I assume give control back to the terminal once the login is done. I am sorry I can't further assist with it's language though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for ssh login-

hi. I need a bash script which can login to an other mashin via SSH and then run some commands and then return the result to my mashine. I dont know where to begin, I think first I will need a ssh connection, dont know how to make it, then , do I need a ftp connection between the 2 mashins to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big_pil
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash ssh login script

hello anyone have done ssh login script without "expect" (automatic login from host A / user b to Host B / user b without enter any passwords)? cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: modcan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH ssh login

Ok, there's been a good number of posts about this, but here goes. I want a script to log in to a system via ssh without using keys. This will be used to log in to Cisco IOS devices. I have tried the following, but could not get it to work: SSH login expect shell script to supply username and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mike909
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script to Automate SSH

How would I write an expect script to automate ssh and what file extention do expect files use? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate CVS login using shell script

Hi, Can anyone pls help me to automate login to cvs. I basically want to login to cvs and update a file. the script always gets to the login and returns the prompt for a password. Is there any way to send the password in the script itself. Here is the script: #!/bin/ksh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate SSH remote connection with a shell script

Hi Guys! I am trying to write a shell script for automated ssh. vairable user and passwd have initialized correctly, but when I use the following it still prompting me for the password. #!/usr/bin/bash user='root@10.14.76.225' passwd='admin' ssh $user $passwd uptime exit I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate pbrun login through script?

Hi All, I need information regarding how to automate the pbrun process in script in Linux. Example sample script below, #!bin/sh /usr/xyz/pbrun testusr -password testpwd testusr is username for pbrun and testpwd is password for pbrun. Im not sure if it is correct way to invoke pbrun in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pravs4info
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to automate SSH in Script

Hi I have a script at Server B. I want to run it from server A via another script. I tried the following command. ssh mss@247.123.456.123 "sh pm10.sh" It's getting login automatically, but while running the script through error like "reppar: command not found" where reppar is an application... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshmepco
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP script to automate login in to remote server

Greetings, guys. I'm not much of a programmer forgive me for being a noob, because of someone leaving, I was put in an IT spot where I have to figure out a few things. Being new to Linux and programming has been a challenge. My boss has asked me to create an automated script to connect to a 3rd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovannym
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do user-preset login to Bash shell then automate path modification?

How do a user login with full user-environment preset to Bash shell then automatically do path modification with few script codes, either on command-line or put it in a script file. what i tried: bash --login -c PATH="/ANewPath:${PATH}" bash --login -c 'PATH="/ANewPath:${PATH}"; export PATH'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
2 Replies