Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Seperate Odd and Even numbers from 1 file to 2 files Post 302946697 by blackrageous on Thursday 11th of June 2015 12:27:39 PM
Old 06-11-2015
Code:
cat numberfile.txt | while read num
do

if [ `echo "${num} % 2" | bc` -eq 0 ] 
        then  
                echo ${num} >> even.numbers.txt
        else
                echo ${num} >> odd.numbers.txt
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I stop printf output from going into seperate txt files

I am using printf "%-75s%+10s %5s %1s \n" $s $z $x $y > status It works really well, however, when I email status it is sending 10 emails when I would like it to be in one. Is there a way to make all the output to go into one instance of a txt file. Yet still keep it 1 on each... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrchcol
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove files with only numbers as file names?

Hi all, I have a bunch of files that are named like 12543, 467249877, etc all over some directories.These files are named only with numbers, they dont have any letters or special characters in their file names. Could you please help me out and give me some command/script to remove only those... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_indramo
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email like files in seperate emails

My goal is to send multiple files to a person based on their input. The files have similar names like: file1-egress-filter file2-ingress-filter stuff1-egress-filter stuff2-ingress-filter ... The script is run with the filename given as arguments, such as: ./mail.sh file stuff would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File into seperate files

Hi, So I have a text file which I want to separate into separate text files. I would use the split command but the problem here is that the text file is separated by delimiters. For example: blah blah blah ------ more text ----- and some more text So basically the first part should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing strings in seperate files

Hello, I am comparing files with for mismatches using fgrep but I've run into a problem. fgrep -vf $file1 $file2 > mismatches.dat file1 and file2 both contain file names on each line file1 has filenames which are up to 92 characters long and contain the "$" char. example file name:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract only the "numbers" that are present in this file to a seperate file..

It may sounds too easy but appreciate any help on this.. i have a file with the below details: ****************************************** Please find the locked pernr details for the Time evaluation Personnel number could not be locked Person rejected: 04552737 Personnel number could not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding files with numbers in the file name???

Hello all, New to this forum! I got a Q: i want to find all files with numbers in the file name. e.g. blabla234.pm or fool654.pl action i took: ls | egrep '+' ls | egrep ls | egrep + ls | egrep '' ls | egrep '(+)' ls | egrep '()' ls | egrep '(.*.*)' ls | egrep '.*.*' ls | grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedGrinGo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with command to Move files by X number to seperate directories

Hello, I need help finding a script that will allow me to move files from one directory to another directory 10k files at a time. I have a directory that has 100 K files in it. I need to have those 100k files broken apart to separate directories each with 10k files in them. Here is the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geo_Bean
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

looping through file and creating seperate files

Hi, My first post!! I have a files with header, something like this Header_Row AMC|D1|D2|D2 AAO|D3|D4|D5 AMC|D6|D7|D8 AAO|D9|D10|D11 . . . . . and millions fo records thereafter like this. I want to read the above file in a loop and write the lines having AMC into another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitbakre
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

For loop for seperate files

For shell script. If I had two separate files, file.txt and file1.txt and each has just a list of names from the who command. How would I create an if loop to compare each name? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
Num(3o)                                                            OCaml library                                                           Num(3o)

NAME
Num - Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Module Module Num Documentation Module Num : sig end Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Numbers (type num ) are arbitrary-precision rational numbers, plus the special elements 1/0 (infinity) and 0/0 (undefined). type num = | Int of int | Big_int of Big_int.big_int | Ratio of Ratio.ratio The type of numbers. === Arithmetic operations === val (+/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.add_num . val add_num : num -> num -> num Addition val minus_num : num -> num Unary negation. val (-/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.sub_num . val sub_num : num -> num -> num Subtraction val ( */ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.mult_num . val mult_num : num -> num -> num Multiplication val square_num : num -> num Squaring val (//) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.div_num . val div_num : num -> num -> num Division val quo_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: quotient. val mod_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: remainder. val ( **/ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.power_num . val power_num : num -> num -> num Exponentiation val abs_num : num -> num Absolute value. val succ_num : num -> num succ n is n+1 val pred_num : num -> num pred n is n-1 val incr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit incr r is r:=!r+1 , where r is a reference to a number. val decr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit decr r is r:=!r-1 , where r is a reference to a number. val is_integer_num : num -> bool Test if a number is an integer === The four following functions approximate a number by an integer : === val integer_num : num -> num integer_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds towards zero. val floor_num : num -> num floor_num n returns the largest integer smaller or equal to n . val round_num : num -> num round_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds off zero. val ceiling_num : num -> num ceiling_num n returns the smallest integer bigger or equal to n . val sign_num : num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 according to the sign of the argument. === Comparisons between numbers === val (=/) : num -> num -> bool val (</) : num -> num -> bool val (>/) : num -> num -> bool val (<=/) : num -> num -> bool val (>=/) : num -> num -> bool val (<>/) : num -> num -> bool val eq_num : num -> num -> bool val lt_num : num -> num -> bool val le_num : num -> num -> bool val gt_num : num -> num -> bool val ge_num : num -> num -> bool val compare_num : num -> num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 if the first argument is less than, equal to, or greater than the second argument. val max_num : num -> num -> num Return the greater of the two arguments. val min_num : num -> num -> num Return the smaller of the two arguments. === Coercions with strings === val string_of_num : num -> string Convert a number to a string, using fractional notation. val approx_num_fix : int -> num -> string See Num.approx_num_exp . val approx_num_exp : int -> num -> string Approximate a number by a decimal. The first argument is the required precision. The second argument is the number to approximate. Num.approx_num_fix uses decimal notation; the first argument is the number of digits after the decimal point. approx_num_exp uses scien- tific (exponential) notation; the first argument is the number of digits in the mantissa. val num_of_string : string -> num Convert a string to a number. === Coercions between numerical types === val int_of_num : num -> int val num_of_int : int -> num val nat_of_num : num -> Nat.nat val num_of_nat : Nat.nat -> num val num_of_big_int : Big_int.big_int -> num val big_int_of_num : num -> Big_int.big_int val ratio_of_num : num -> Ratio.ratio val num_of_ratio : Ratio.ratio -> num val float_of_num : num -> float OCamldoc 2012-06-26 Num(3o)