Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML Post 302946661 by milano.churchil on Thursday 11th of June 2015 05:59:18 AM
Old 06-11-2015
Hello! This is not a homework, is something that I need for work. Please let me now if is necessary to change the topic or put more information. Thank you!

Milano

---------- Post updated at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:56 AM ----------

So far I tried the 'csplit' command, but it doesn't working for what I need, because there are multiple strings to be found and extract into a new XML file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for extract data from xml files

Hi All, Prepare a perl script for extracting data from xml file. The xml data look like as AC StartTime="1227858839" ID="88" ETime="1227858837" DSTFlag="false" Type="2" Duration="303" /> <AS StartTime="1227858849" SigPairs="119 40 98 15 100 32 128 18 131 23 70 39 123 20 120 27 100 17 136 12... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Renaming files with strings from xml tags

Hello! I need to rename 400+ xml files. The name of the specific file is contained in a xml tag in the file itself. The batch file should rename all these files with strings found in xml tags. Every xml file has the following tags: <footnote><para>FILENAME</para></footnote> I have to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: degoor
3 Replies

4. Programming

extract xml data and create word document using perl.

hi, i have large xml file which contains students information, i need to extract student number and some address tags and create a word document for the extracted data. my data looking llike this <student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelors</education> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies

5. Programming

Extract xml data and create word document using perl.

Hi, I have large xml data file.I need to extract node and some tags in the node and after I need to create word document. my XMl data is look like as below -<student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelor</bachelor> <specialization>computers</specialization> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings within XML file between different delimiters

Good afternoon! I have an XML file from which I want to extract only certain elements contained within each line. The problem is that the format of each line is not exactly the same (though similiar). For example, oa_var will be in each line, however, there may be no value or other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab@faa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two xml files while ignoring some xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record id="38,557"><columns><column><name>orge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a particular xml only from an xml jar file

Hi..need help on how to extract a particular xml file only from an xml jar file... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies
XML::Grove::AsCanonXML(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 XML::Grove::AsCanonXML(3)

NAME
XML::Grove::AsCanonXML - output XML objects in canonical XML SYNOPSIS
use XML::Grove::AsCanonXML; # Using as_canon_xml method on XML::Grove objects: $string = $xml_object->as_canon_xml( OPTIONS ); # Using an XML::Grove::AsCanonXML instance: $writer = XML::Grove::AsCanonXML->new( OPTIONS ); $string = $writer->as_canon_xml($xml_object); $writer->as_canon_xml($xml_object, $file_handle); DESCRIPTION
"XML::Grove::AsCanonXML" will return a string or write a stream of canonical XML for an XML object and it's content (if any). "XML::Grove::AsCanonXML" objects hold the options used for writing the XML objects. Options can be supplied when the the object is cre- ated, $writer = XML::Grove::AsCanonXML->new( Comments => 1 ); or modified at any time before writing an XML object by setting the option directly in the `$writer' hash. OPTIONS
Comments By default comments are not written to the output. Setting comment to TRUE will include comments in the output. AUTHOR
Ken MacLeod, ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us SEE ALSO
perl(1), XML::Parser(3), XML::Grove(3). James Clark's Canonical XML definition <http://www.jclark.com/xml/canonxml.html> perl v5.8.0 1999-08-17 XML::Grove::AsCanonXML(3)