Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing floating number and replace the smaller one with awk? Post 302946427 by sea on Tuesday 9th of June 2015 06:45:46 AM
Old 06-09-2015
Hi Zhen

You know the drill, what have you tried yourself?
You could:
1) use read line, 'ignore' the first line, and then do checks on every later line (num)
2) use some awk

Thank you
This User Gave Thanks to sea For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace floating-point by integer in awk

Hi, I am trying to write a script to extract multiple sets of data from a chemistry output file. The problem section is in the following format... Geometry "geometry" -> "geometry" 1 Pd 46.0000 -0.19290971 0.00535260 0.02297606 2 P ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smadonald1
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using bc with floating point number in files

Hi, I' using bash and I would like to use "bc" to compute the ratio of of two numbers and assign the ratio to a variable. The numbers are in a file, e.g. 196.304492 615.348986 Any idea how to do it? N.B. I cannot change the file to have 196.304492 / 615.348986 as the file is produced by... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point number problem

Hello folks I Hope everyone is fine. I am calculating number of bytes calculation from apache web log. awk '{ sum += $10 } END { print sum }' /var/httpd/log/mydomain.log 7.45557e+09 it show above number, what should i do it sow number like 7455, i mean if after decimal point above 5 it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment a floating number in ksh

Hi ! How to increment a varibale in ksh. #!/bin/ksh set -x RELEASE_NUM=5.2.103 VAL=0.0.1 RELEASE_NUM=`echo $RELEASE_NUM + $VAL | bc` echo $RELEASE_NUM The above code is throwing this error. + RELEASE_NUM=5.2.103 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of lines smaller than specified value

Hi All, I have a problem to find number of lines per column smaller than the values given in a different file. In example, compare the 1st column of file1 with the 1st line of the file2, 2nd column of file1 with the 2nd line of the file2, etc cat file1 0.2 0.9 0.8 0.5 ... 0.6 0.5... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Regex for floating point number

Hey again, I have a basic regex that tests if a number is a float. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyte_rhyno
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding off to the nearest floating number

I have a number, which I want to convert into the nearest floating number upto two places after the decimal point. E.g. 1.2346 will become 1.23 but 1.2356 will become 1.24 . Similarly 0.009 will be 0.01 and 0.001 will be 0.00 or 0.0 (not 0, wnat to keep the decimal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hbar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert floating point to a number

Hello Guys, I have a floating point number 1.14475E+15 I want to convert this number in to full number (Integer or Big integer). I tried couple of functions it did not work. When I use INT=${FLOAT/.*} I am getting value as 1. I don't want a truncated value #!/bin/bash #... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skatpally
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing a bigger network file with a smaller one

Hello, I have two edgelists. One bigger list master.txt and a subset of that, child.txt. I want to print out all the edges in master.txt which is not there in child.txt. I have done it the Python way, but its taking way to much time as the number of edges are huge. (one thing is that A-B and B-A... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
7 Replies
PRIME(1SSL)                                                           OpenSSL                                                          PRIME(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-prime, prime - compute prime numbers SYNOPSIS
openssl prime [-help] [-hex] [-generate] [-bits] [-safe] [-checks] [number...] DESCRIPTION
The prime command checks if the specified numbers are prime. If no numbers are given on the command line, the -generate flag should be used to generate primes according to the requirements specified by the rest of the flags. OPTIONS
[-help] Display an option summary. [-hex] Generate hex output. [-generate] Generate a prime number. [-bits num] Generate a prime with num bits. [-safe] When used with -generate, generates a "safe" prime. If the number generated is n, then check that (n-1)/2 is also prime. [-checks num] Perform the checks num times to see that the generated number is prime. The default is 20. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2017 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 PRIME(1SSL)