Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Removed /root/.cabal by mistake - how to solve this issue? Post 302946303 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 7th of June 2015 08:21:16 PM
Old 06-07-2015
Thanks for telling us the solution. It may help others in the future.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Canīt issue commands as root

Hello all, I am having a problem with a Solaris 8 machine. Since 3 days ago I canīt login as root. I am able to login as a normal user and su. But as soon as I issue any command the system stop responding. If I log again as a normal user I see the process still runnig. Something I noticed,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kik_xxx
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

solve temporary root password

Hi everybody! I'm italian and I'm new on this forum :D I have a question. Every day in my office root's servers password are modified temporary. I want create a script that: -set tmp password root (I insert tmp password from input standard) -after 24h tmp root password switch to prod... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: go3mon
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Help me to solve this issue

Hi, I want to send a .tar file from one solaris 5.9 server to another server in order to make files in sync.What method i can use? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

4. Solaris

please help me solve this issue.........

Hi, I am having a Solaris 5.9 server in which an audit trail script is running every day.It is doing nothing but taking the backup of three files given below -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1807 May 18 01:30 login_server1_17May2008 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 May 18 01:30... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone solve this awk issue ?

awk -F^ '{ if (($1 != "X") && ($5 != "3")) || if (($1 != "S") && ($5 != "2")) print $0}' abc> xyz The above command returns this error awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: illegal statement near line 1 I am newbie to awk, Any awk intelligence involved in correcting this issue is highly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
2 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS root Issue

I jumpstarted a solaris sun4u box from WANboot and it completed but while coming up it gives following error and panics Use is subject to license terms. NOTICE: zfs_parse_bootfs: error 48 Cannot mount root on rpool/47 fstype zfs panic/thread=180e000: vfs_mountroot: cannot mount root ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to checkVenn diagram issue solve by Unix programm

Hello Any Unix programm can help me to solve thsi issue: I have 2 venn digrams please checke the attached file for pictures of venn diagram for eg red is A yellow is B and green is C..Please see attached file for Venn diagrams In one ..... I have 3 data set A , B and C Venn diagram... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't solve a simple SSH/scp issue.. Please help.

Disclaimer: I tried searching but wasn't able to get to the answer so please don't flame. Scenario: I have a root script that generates a file on box1 and then needs to scp it over to box2 using user1. Both boxes are running open-ssh. root@locat-host# scp /tmp/file1 user1@box2:/tmp/file1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: denissi
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve hang issue in script?

i have one function block in the beginning of my script and there are some commands inside that function which will perform some operations. And i am invoking that function from my main script by passing some values. Sometimes it is hanging in the middle for some value. For example: For 1st... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Man Pages - Removed Table Tags and Fixed Scrollbar Issue

OK. I fixed the horizonal scroll bar issues in the man pages pre format output for the man pages by removing all table tags and converting to divs: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums220-picture876.png I still have some work to do on reformatting the deep search redirects and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
ZPPRFS(l)								 )								 ZPPRFS(l)

NAME
ZPPRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE ZPPRFS( UPLO, N, NRHS, AP, AFP, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, RWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS DOUBLE PRECISION BERR( * ), FERR( * ), RWORK( * ) COMPLEX*16 AFP( * ), AP( * ), B( LDB, * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
ZPPRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'U': Upper triangle of A is stored; = 'L': Lower triangle of A is stored. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. AP (input) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The upper or lower triangle of the Hermitian matrix A, packed columnwise in a linear array. The j-th column of A is stored in the array AP as follows: if UPLO = 'U', AP(i + (j-1)*j/2) = A(i,j) for 1<=i<=j; if UPLO = 'L', AP(i + (j-1)*(2n-j)/2) = A(i,j) for j<=i<=n. AFP (input) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The triangular factor U or L from the Cholesky factorization A = U**H*U or A = L*L**H, as computed by DPPTRF/ZPPTRF, packed column- wise in a linear array in the same format as A (see AP). B (input) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by ZPPTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The estimated forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). The estimate is as reliable as the estimate for RCOND, and is almost always a slight overestimate of the true error. BERR (output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (2*N) RWORK (workspace) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 ZPPRFS(l)