Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP a file if the date matches Post 302946282 by ajayakunuri on Sunday 7th of June 2015 04:54:17 AM
Old 06-07-2015
FTP a file if the date matches

Hi,
I am trying to write a script where I need to pull any file if the date is from yesterday. Can you please help me on how to check the dates for the files on the remote server?

Please let me know for any questions.

Thanks
Ajay
This User Gave Thanks to ajayakunuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp copy: preserve source file date stamp

Is there any way to preserve a file's create/mod date stamp when it is "put" via ftp (or even using Fetch) to a Win2K server and a SunOS 5.8 server? For example, if I copy a file with a create/mod date of "01/15/2005 3:36 PM" to my Win2K or SunOS ftp server, the date stamp will change to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cassj
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP - Get the file date and time on the remote server

I would like to know if there is a way to get the date and timestamp of the file that is being FTP from the remote server using shell script. Currently the get command from FTP will have current date and timestamp. Tried the earlier suggestion 'HardFeed' but still getting the current date and time... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthokala
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I access the create date from Windows after the file has been FTP'd to UNIX ?

I run an application that creates a hostname_log.txt file on the c:\ of each windows workstation. At the end of each day, these log files are FTP'd to a directory on a UNIX box. When I run "ls -lrt", the timestamp that is displayed is the timestamp that the FTP occured, not the timestamp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavman99
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding date to a file during FTP

I have a very basic question here. I have to FTP a file from a AIX unix box to a windows server. But during that I have to rename the file. For example: I have to FTP a file called ORDER.TXT from unix and it should go as ORDER_20090101.TXT on to the windows server. It is not possible to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vara32
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script?

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script? I have four files to be FTP'ed from remote server. They are of the following format. build1_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build2_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build3_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt buifile_count_mmddyyyy.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran_affu
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pipe binary file matches grep results to file

I am using grep to match a pattern, but the output is strange. $ grep -r -o "pattern" * Gives me: Binary file foo1 matches Binary file foo2 matches Binary file foo3 matches To find the lines before/after, I then have to use the following on each file: $ strings foo1 | grep -A1 -B1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file that matches today's date in filename and move to /tmp in bash

I'm having problems with my bash script. I would like to find a file matching today's date in the filename, i.e. my_file_20120902.txt and then move it to a different directory, i.e. /tmp. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesi
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'No Matches' error in FTP

Hi, I am trying to execute a script as below I am trying to connect to a server through a secure connection and then type the command as below /usr/local/bin/sftp -t 2800 $REMOTE_SERVER $REMOTE_USER <<EOD > $MAINDATA/FTPLog cd $HOME_DOWNLOAD ls `echo $1 |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spari2
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Want to download a latest file with current date from FTP location

Dear Friends, I need help to write a shell / perl script to download the files from FTP location, having different file names (date inside the file name). Example: Mar 5 09:24 cfx_03052013_return_file.txt Mar 6 02:13 cfx_03062013_return_file.txt Mar 7 06:40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest file name with a date and time and then download from FTP

Hi All, Please help. I have requirement to read the file / folder based on the latest date and download the file and folder. There will be files and folders in the location like 20140630-144422 20140630-144422.csv 20140707-182653 20140707-182653.csv 20140710-183153... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
7 Replies
ACCOUNTING(1)							      SMPPPD							     ACCOUNTING(1)

NAME
accounting - calculates statistics about your internet connections DESCRIPTION
accounting is a simple program to calculate statistics about your internet dial-up connections that are started and stopped by either ifup and ifdown or by a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet. OPTIONS
These options are recognized by accounting. If a long option shows an argument as mandatory, then it is mandatory for the equivalent short option also. -l, --last=NUM Only consider the last NUM connections. -a, --after=DATE Only consider connections started after DATE. DATE is a date with optional time in ISO 8601 format, e.g. `2002-12-24 20:15:00'. Note that a date without time is treated as if the time is 00:00:00. Hence connections started on the specified date are consid- ered. -b, --before=DATE Only consider connections started before DATE. -u, --user=USER Only consider connections started by user USER. --this-year Only consider connections started this year. --last-year Only consider connections started last year. --this-month Only consider connections started this month. --last-month Only consider connections started last month. --this-week Only consider connections started this week. --last-week Only consider connections started last week. --today Only consider connections started today. --yesterday Only consider connections started yesterday. --per-year Show summaries on a per year basis. --per-month Show summaries on a per month basis. --per-week Show summaries on a per week basis. --per-day Show summaries on a per day basis. -c, --connections Only list the connections but do not show provider statistics. -p, --providers Do not list the connections only show the provider statistics. --connection-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the connection list. The names must be separated by a comma. Known column names are time, type, provider, user, status, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, averx, avetx and averxtx. Each name may be appended by a colon and a number indicating the width for the column, e.g. provider:25. The value will not be truncated if the width is too small. --provider-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the provider list equivalent to the --connection-format option. Known column names are provider, number, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, aveduration, averx, avetx and averxtx. --local Display all dates in local time. Also interpret dates on the command line in local time. This is the default. --utc Display all dates in UTC. Also interpret dates on the command line in UTC. --script[=STYLE] Format output for script. Known styles are c and sh. -f, --file=NAME Use a different file with accounting information. --report-errors Report erros in the accounting file. --version Show program version and exit. --help Show help information and exit. NOTES
All informations are only obtained through the accounting log. Hence the informations, esp. the data volume, of currently active connec- tions is not accurate. If you want the know the status of a connection, use ifstatus or a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet instead. The user field is empty for connections started by a remote frontend of smpppd. BUGS
Not yet implemented for ISDN (ippp). FILES
/var/log/smpppd/accounting.log File containing accounting information. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, cinternet(1), smpppd(8), smpppd-ifcfg(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE December 2002 ACCOUNTING(1)