Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dear Debian-Developers
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Dear Debian-Developers Post 302946031 by Jeremy O'Connor on Friday 5th of June 2015 10:55:04 PM
Old 06-05-2015
Debian

Srry directed at wrong Member

---------- Post updated at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1in10
yes, it seems to me as if the so called freeze for all maintainers and developers occured too early last november, so thats why I am stuck almost daily in a program freezing and simply sleeping. Simple programs like gedit and evince causing a complete freezing. Expecting the worst while hoping for the best, waiting for Stinky Pete, maybe.
I had a problem with apt not hitting or claiming hits with no substance. I've tried many thing's and am running great with much available to me. I laid the .sqhaushfs LuKs4 down on a Partion Sliced in the Boch's partition table format I don't know If it truly truly bochs as i modified a mac partion program to collect new partion tables it run's across...and it's not without flaws because some times option's are greyed and sometimes gone completely. Boch's is working for me I even trie Linux Plain Text Partition table Scheme.

Regards,
jao1488

Last edited by Jeremy O'Connor; 06-05-2015 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: @WrongMember

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Debian

Sandboxes for developers

hi guys, I need to create a sandbox environment on my Debian based LAMP server for PHP/MySql development. Anyone who could point me in the right direction or share their insight? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy911
1 Replies
PARTITION(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      PARTITION(8)

NAME
partition - make a partition table SYNOPSIS
partition [-mf] device [type:]size[+*] ... DESCRIPTION
Partition makes a partition table on device using the types and sizes given. It may be used in combination with repartition(8) for auto- matic installation of Minix. You may give up to four type:size[+*] specifications for the partitions. You may also specify holes before, between, and after the parti- tions. A hole differs from a partition specification by not having a type. The first hole is by default 1 sector to make space for the primary bootstrap and the partition table. The other holes are 0. The type field is the type of the partitition in hexadecimal. The size field is the partition's size in sectors. The + or * may option- ally be added to indicate that the partition must be expanded to contain any leftover space on the device or to mark the partition active. Partitions are padded out to cylinder boundaries, except for the first one, it starts on track 1. Some operating systems care about this. Minix and MS-DOS do not. OPTIONS
-m Minix only, no need to pad partitions. This is the default for subpartition tables. -f Force making a partition table even if the device is too small. EXAMPLE
partition /dev/hd0 01:16384 81:40000 81:2880* 06:20000+ Partitions disk 0 into an 8 Mb DOS partition, 20 Mb Minix /usr, 1.44 Mb Minix / (active), and a DOS partition of at least 10 Mb at the end of the disk. (06:0+ would have been ok too, it's just a sanity check.) SEE ALSO
hd(4), part(8), repartition(8). AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) PARTITION(8)