Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Create an unconfigured VMware host from a template that is set to do firstboot --reconfig Post 302945977 by fpmurphy on Friday 5th of June 2015 09:40:13 AM
Old 06-05-2015
Have you installed the VMware deployPkg plug-in?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create users from template

Create users from template file (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris on Vmware host of vista

Hi I am planning to install solaris as a virtual machine on vista as host os. My requirements are I want to access virtual machine from vista using putty. So how to assign static ip to virtual machine ? In future i might have to virtual machines so i want communication between them as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Connectivity between Solaris 10 in VMWare and windows Host

I have installed Open Solaris 10 on VMware which is hosted on Windows XP, my PC. I would like to have a connection between Solaris and Windows, so that i can SSH/Telnet from windows to Solaris. I don't have any Internet connection. Please help me with the network connection settings i have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsachin245
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

can't ping to my VMWare CentOs after seting host name

Im using CentOs 5.5 , i tried to change the host name to be for example my_server_1 , according to the web i changed the /etc/sysconf/network to look like this : NETWORKING=yes NETWORKING_IPV6=no #HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain HOSTNAME=my_server_1 and changed the hosts file to look like this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Server - Need to set up VMWare

Hi experts, We are faced with a dilemma - we have a AIX server for educational purposes. We had some Oracle applications running on them. The management decided not to extend the warranty, so we are left with a server that we cannot upgrade immediately. I was wondering if we could set up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
2 Replies

6. Programming

Perl script to create latex template.

Hi, I have XML file and I extracted some tags and stored in hash, my data as look like this $var1={ 'stud.xml'={ '24'=>'<address> <streetname="xxxx"/> <housenum="138"/"> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create EVIM template with SAS extension

I write lots of SAS programs and would like to create a script that allows me to have a template each time I create a new program file. Specs: I use EVIM for my editor. I run SAS in batch mode. We use RedHat 6. I don't use c shell. I want a script that will do the following: >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: starbecks
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with Install KVM and Create Virtual Machines VMWare In PC

Help with Install KVM and Create Virtual Machines VMWare In PC. I want to lean KVM bios Logical Volume Management by KVM and other problem fix remotely.So,I want to practice on my PC.It,s Possible then how? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: domaingood
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash/awk and for loop to create a template

Source File: google.cz http://czechrepublic.google.com/ http://czechrepublic.google.cz http://czechrepublic.google.com/ http://brno.google.cz http://brno.google.com/ Fail Code root@arisvm ~/g] $ cat trya rm -f ss for i in a.txt do #b=`cat $i|awk '{print $1}'` #c=`cat $i|awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Creating a VMware template

Hello, I am creating a Solaris 11 template on my ESXI host. I would like each VM that is deployed from the template to have its own unique host fingerprint. With Linux, I simply delete host keys, which causes new keys to be generated at bootup (new VM deployment) Is there a way to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firefoxx04
1 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_vmware - Fence agent for VMWare DESCRIPTION
fence_vmware is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with the VMware ESX, VMware ESXi or VMware Server to fence virtual machines. Before you can use this agent, it must be installed VI Perl Toolkit or vmrun command on every node you want to make fencing. VI Perl Toolkit is preferred for VMware ESX/ESXi and Virtual Center. Vmrun command is only solution for VMware Server 1/2 (this command will works against ESX/ESXi 3.5 up2 and VC up2 too, but not cluster aware!) and is available as part of VMware VIX API SDK package. VI Perl and VIX API SDK are both available from VMware web pages (not int RHEL repository!). You can specify type of VMware you are connecting to with -d switch (or vmware_type for stdin). Possible values are esx, server2 and server1.Default value is esx, which will use VI Perl. With server1 and server2, vmrun command is used. After you have successfully installed VI Perl Toolkit or VIX API, you should be able to run fence_vmware_helper (part of this agent) or vmrun command. This agent supports only vmrun from version 2.0.0 (VIX API 1.6.0). fence_vmware accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_vmware can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. Vendor URL: http://www.vmware.com PARAMETERS
-o, --action=<action> Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -a, --ip=<ip> IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=<name> Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=<password> Login password or passphrase -S, --password-script=<script> Script to retrieve password -n, --plug=<id> Physical plug number or name of virtual machine This parameter is always required. -e, --exec=<command> Command to execute -d, --vmware_type=<type> Type of VMware to connect (Default Value: esx) -x, --ssh SSH connection (Default Value: true) -k, --identity-file=<filename> Identity file for ssh -s, --vmware-datacenter=<dc> Show only machines in specified datacenter -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=<debugfile> Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=<char> Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) --power-wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check if fencing device is running. List available plugs/virtual machines or get status of machine (if it does not support more). metadata The operational behavior of this is not known. STDIN PARAMETERS
action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase passwd_script Script to retrieve password port Physical plug number or name of virtual machine This parameter is always required. exec Command to execute vmware_type Type of VMware to connect (Default Value: esx) secure SSH connection (Default Value: true) identity_file Identity file for ssh vmware_datacenter Show only machines in specified datacenter verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) fence_vmware (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)