Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concatenate rows and redefine range Post 302945946 by MadeInGermany on Friday 5th of June 2015 02:41:46 AM
Old 06-05-2015
If x ~ ".0$" is to be an integer test, then should be x ~ "\.0$" or x ~ "[.]0$" or better the speaking x==int(x).
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate 2 rows into 1 row

I need to search a file for two values (valueA & valueB). ValueA will be on a different row than valueB, and concatenate the two together on the same row of my output. Example: search input file for strings "node" and "OS", combine the two results into one row input node A text text OS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianadoug
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate rows in to 2 files

I have 2 files FILEA 1232342 1232342 2344767 4576823 2325642 FILEB 3472328 2347248 1237123 1232344 8787890 I want the output to go into a 3rd file and look like: FILEC 1232342 3472328 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate two files with different No of rows

need a shell which perform following function file 1 ( every time new data comes) 1212 2323 3434 4545 5656 . . . . file 2 (fixed line) update bc_tbl set aix=data , bix=back where cix=U and serial=; now when i execute shell it will concatinate file 1, file 2 & make file 3 as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate some of the rows...

i have a file as below and i need to load it into oracle. The problem is, some of the rows are in 2 lines. 123456_PosWlist ----- ----- IN 0/0 123456_PosWListRpt ----- ----- IN 0/0 123456_PosWListCSV ----- -----... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete rows between closest pattern or range

Hi I am having some problom deleting the lines between two specific lines in a file. need to delete lines between two closest lines. i.e need to find the closest range or pattern in a file with repeating patterns. Sample Input: WARNING <some text in n number of lines> ERROR:2597... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudheer1984
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read rows from source file and concatenate output

Hi guys; TBH I am an absolute novice, when it comes to scripting; I do have an idea of the basic commands... Here is my problem; I have a flatfile 'A' containing a single column with multiple rows. I have to create a script which will use 'A' as input and then output a string in in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos_anubis
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to read rows from one file and concatenate to another

Hi guys; TBH I am an absolute novice, when it comes to scripting; I do have an idea of the basic commands... Here is my problem; I have a flatfile 'A' containing a single column with multiple rows. I have to create a script which will use 'A' as input and then output a string in in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos_anubis
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of range of rows and columns in matrix

Hi all, I have a large matrix of 720 x 25. I want to get sum of range of rows and columns. Like, I need sum of all columns and row number 2 to 21, then leaving 22nd row, again sum of all columns and row number 23 to 42 again leaving 43rd row and then sum of 44th to 63. Means I want to add all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing rows based on column range

Hello, I have a file with nearly 57K lines. I want to filter the lines based on the range of values in a column. For e.g. print lines whose 3rd filed is >=0.02. Input file: LOC_Os09g32030 LOC_Os02g18880 0.0200037219149773 undirected NA NA LOC_Os03g58630 LOC_Os09g35690 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate broken rows

I need to concatenate the rows that are broken (because of carriage return and line feed) in unix. Input 123|456|789|"" 987|786|"GRT "|"" 3455|896|654|456|"" 457|234|"RT"|"PR TY"|"" Output 123|456|789|"" 987|786|"GRT"|"" 3455|896|654|456|"" 457|234|"RT"|"PRTY"|"" (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet_calramz
16 Replies
ESPEAK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ESPEAK(1)

NAME
espeak - A multi-lingual software speech synthesizer. SYNOPSIS
espeak [options] [<words>] DESCRIPTION
espeak is a software speech synthesizer for English, and some other languages. OPTIONS
-h Show summary of options. -f <text file> Text file to speak --stdin Read text input from stdin instead of a file If neither -f nor --stdin, <words> are spoken, or if none then text is spoken from stdin, each line separately. -q Quiet, don't produce any speech (may be useful with -x) -a <integer> Amplitude, 0 to 20, default is 10 -l <integer> Line length. If not zero (which is the default), consider lines less than this length as and-of-clause -p <integer> Pitch adjustment, 0 to 99, default is 50 -s <integer> Speed in words per minute, default is 160 -v <voice name> Use voice file of this name from espeak-data/voices -b Input text encoding, 1=UTF8, 2=8 bit, 4=16 bit -b Input text encoding, 1=UTF8, 2=8 bit, 4=16 bit -m Indicates that the text contains SSML (Speech Synthesis Markup Language) tags or other XML tags. Those SSML tags which are supported are interpreted. Other tags, including HTML, are ignored, except that some HTML tags such as <hr> <h2> and <li> ensure a break in the speech. -w <wave file name> Write output to this WAV file, rather than speaking it directly -x Write phoneme mnemonics to stdout -X Write phonemes mnemonics and translation trace to stdout. If rules files have been built with --compile=debug, line numbers will also be displayed. --stdout Write speech output to stdout --compile=<voice name> Compile the pronunciation rules and dictionary in the current directory. =<voice name> is optional and specifies which language --path=<path> Specifies the directory containing the espeak-data directory --phonout=<filename> Write output from -x -X commands and mbrola phoneme data to this file --punct="<characters>" Speak the names of punctuation characters during speaking. If =<characters> is omitted, all punctuation is spoken. -k <integer> Indicate capital letters with: 1=sound, 2=the word "capitals", higher values = a pitch increase (try -k20). --voices[=<language code>] Lists the available voices. If =<language code> is present then only those voices which are suitable for that language are listed. --compile=voicename Compile the pronunciation rules and dictionary in the current directory. =<voice name> is optional and specifies which language --compile=debug Compile the pronunciation rules and dictionary in the current directory as above, but include line numbers, that get shown when -X is used. AUTHOR
eSpeak was written by Jonathan Duddington <jonsd@jsd.clara.co.uk>. The webpage for this package can be found at http://espeak.source- forge.net/. This manual page was written by Luke Yelavich <themuso@ubuntu.com>, for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others). August 6, 2010 ESPEAK(1)