Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS, AD, AutoFS
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat NFS, AD, AutoFS Post 302945939 by Peasant on Friday 5th of June 2015 12:58:40 AM
Old 06-05-2015
The solution is probably extending Windows AD schema with UNIX attributes for all the users connecting.

Take a look at this article :
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.10).aspx

Hope the helps
Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Autofs

Hi Guys, Autofs works fine on AIX 5.2, but the same thing is not getting mounted automatically on AIX 5.3.. Is there ant difference for autofs confiiguration between 5.2 and 5.3 Thanks & Regards Manu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
0 Replies

2. Solaris

disabling nfs and autofs in solaris 9

Hi, I want to permanently disable nfs and autofs in solaris 9, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Solaris

autofs vs nfs

I've a sun server, 3 sun workstations and plan to do backup on certain directory in each workstations monthly. As it's only require to mount as NFS on those workstations once a month. So I plan to configure such requirement using autofs. What are the considerations need to take care in such... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

4. Solaris

autofs

hi tell me difference between direct automount and indirect automount. thanks you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Autofs

what are all the advantages of direct map and indirect map in 'AUTOFS' and which one is better for our usage (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS issue with autofs in CentOS 6.3

I am running CentOS 6.3 as a VM on a host which has the same installation. I configured my NFS server and I am guessing it works. I say guessing because I can mount the desired folder with mount command on my client machine. So, when I run: mount -t nfs -o vers=3 vm2.domain.com:/nethome /nethit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to mount NFS using automounter(autofs)?

I have an nfs at 192.168.1.10:/home/vm1/Desktop/nfs and will like to mount locally to /home/vm1/Desktop/nfs-mount using automounter...need help doing do What i did $cat /etc/auto.master /home/vm1/Desktop /etc/auto.nfs $cat /etc/auto.nfs nfs-bind -fstype=nfs ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Autofs issue

Hi I'm trying to use autofs to mount a directory structure. I have a directory with sub directories in it and all of them mounted on their respective filesystems /dbname /dev/mapper/vg_dbname-Home /dbname/oracle00 /dev/mapper/vg_dbname-Data00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL 7.1 autofs permissions do not match NFS servers

RHEL 7.1 client using autofs to mount a NIS map of home directories being exported by a Solaris 10x86 nfs server. The owner and group are correct on the NFS server, but on the RHEL client, the owner and group end up being nobody nobody. The USERS and GROUPS are NIS maps as well. They are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
2 Replies

10. Fedora

Autofs problem

Hi all, I'm having trouble getting autofs working on a new install of Scientific Linux 7.2. I have the files /etc/auto.master, /etc/auto/homes and /etc/auto.misc and /auto.direct setup, and they are copies of files on a working SL 6 machine. I can include the contents of the files at the end... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HuntWilliamR
0 Replies
nfs(5nfs)																 nfs(5nfs)

Name
       nfs - Network File System

Description
       The Network File System (NFS) is a specific file system implemented under the Generic File System Interface, as described in

NFS  provides  support  for sharing ordinary files and directories in a multivendor networking environment.  The system administrator for a
       file server machine makes a file system available for remote access by placing the name of the file system to be shared in an export  list.
       The  administrator for a client machine can import a file system from any server machine that has granted access permission to the request-
       ing client machine.  A complete exported file system or any subtree of an exported file system can be imported by the client machine.  Once
       imported, users on the client machine can access files in the remote file system as though they were local files.

See Also
       getdirentries(2), getmnt(2), mount(2nfs), mount(2), exports(5nfs), fstab(5), gfsi(5), mount(8nfs), showmount(8nfs)

nfs(5nfs)