Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to create multiple threads Post 302945862 by Don Cragun on Thursday 4th of June 2015 03:01:33 AM
Old 06-04-2015
What scripts are you trying to run in parallel?

Are they interactive? (If not, why isn't running them asynchronously sufficient?)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to use pipe() in multiple threads?

Hi, I have a program that runs two threads in stead of two processes. I want to use pipe to redirect the output of the first thread to the input of the second thread. One thread is continuously writing to a pipe, and the other thread will read from the pipe. How do I do that? Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wminghao
2 Replies

2. Programming

synchronizing multiple threads in unix

hi all! I wanted to know how to synchronize multiple threads in unix It would be better if someone give some code samples Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bankpro
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to choose Multiple process or Multiple threads?

Hi All, Please explain me when i have to use multiple process and when I have to use Multiple threads? Please give me an example.It will be very helpful for me. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashleykumar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawning multiple threads in Unix

Hi, I need to spawn mutilpe threads , each invoking a different set of shell scripts, in parallel. What would be the best way to do that. Any sample script would greatly help. I am a novice at Unix so any help is much appreciated. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Need help. Unable to create threads after a certain number

Hi, I have a process which creates pthreads to generate some reports. After creating the reports these threads return null. But after 1024 threads, the process is not able to create any threads further.,and at max 5 threads are existing simultaneously and are returning the control back after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krsh
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files in Multiple Threads

Hello all, I have a directory of files of varying sizes. I want to copy all these files in n number of threads to another directory such that each copy set is more or less the same size. Example : Say /mydirA It has around say 23 files of various sizes. Number of copy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samoo
0 Replies

7. Programming

creating multiple threads using single thread id

Hi all, Can I create multiple threads using single thread_id like pthread_t thread_id; pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, &print_xs, NULL); pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, &print_ys, NULL); pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, &print_zs, NULL); pthread_join(thread_id, NULL); what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make this run in multiple threads

Hi, I have a list of URLs in a csv file which I'm checking for page status. It just prints the URL and the status as output. This works perfectly fine. I'm looking to run this in multiple threads to make this process faster. I'm pretty new to Perl and I managed to complete this. It would be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzenthil
9 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cann't post reply or create new threads

Hi Admin I got the error message as follows when I reply or create new thread. To reply to threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 9 posts. Is there any problems with my account? How I can reach the 10 replies? I cann't post any replies now. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambious
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start multiple threads in Solaris?

Hello, In a unix Solaris environment, (for simulation) how to start multiple threads (as Light Weight Process, not background process)? thanks, J. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: seafan
7 Replies
GPT-POSTINSTALL(8)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					GPT-POSTINSTALL(8)

NAME
gpt-postinstall - Searches for post install scripts and executes them SYNOPSIS
gpt-postinstall [-help -force -version -man -location ] DESCRIPTION
gpt-postinstall Searches an installation for post-install scripts that have not been run yet and executes them. These scripts are installed by Setup packages and are designed to localize an installation. The -force flag can be used to re-run all of the setup scripts. OPTIONS
-force forces all action to be taken, regardless of state. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -man Prints the manual page and exits. -version Prints the version of GPT and exits. -location Location indicates the path to the Globus installation that will be used. SEE ALSO
gpt-install(1) gpt-uninstall(1) gpt-verify(1) AUTHOR
Michael Bletzinger <mbletzin.ncsa.uiuc.edu> and Eric Blau <eblau.ncsa.uiuc.edu> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-30 GPT-POSTINSTALL(8)