Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Create an unconfigured VMware host from a template that is set to do firstboot --reconfig Post 302945853 by os2mac on Wednesday 3rd of June 2015 08:35:07 PM
Old 06-03-2015
Linux Create an unconfigured VMware host from a template that is set to do firstboot --reconfig

I have an Oracle Linux 7.1 vsphere host built. It's be preconfigured with our security configurations.

What I would like to do is unconfigure this host. Then set the host to do firstboot --reconfigure.

how do I do that using /etc/sysconfig/firstboot?

I've tried setting

Code:
 RUN_FIRSTBOOT=RECONFIG

in /etc/sysconfig/firstboot

then doing:

Code:
systemctl enable firstboot-graphical.service

but this just brings up the ULNconfig options.

anyone got any ideas?

NOTE: to anyone not aware, Oracle LINUX is really just a rebranded Red Hat.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create users from template

Create users from template file (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris on Vmware host of vista

Hi I am planning to install solaris as a virtual machine on vista as host os. My requirements are I want to access virtual machine from vista using putty. So how to assign static ip to virtual machine ? In future i might have to virtual machines so i want communication between them as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Connectivity between Solaris 10 in VMWare and windows Host

I have installed Open Solaris 10 on VMware which is hosted on Windows XP, my PC. I would like to have a connection between Solaris and Windows, so that i can SSH/Telnet from windows to Solaris. I don't have any Internet connection. Please help me with the network connection settings i have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsachin245
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

can't ping to my VMWare CentOs after seting host name

Im using CentOs 5.5 , i tried to change the host name to be for example my_server_1 , according to the web i changed the /etc/sysconf/network to look like this : NETWORKING=yes NETWORKING_IPV6=no #HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain HOSTNAME=my_server_1 and changed the hosts file to look like this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Server - Need to set up VMWare

Hi experts, We are faced with a dilemma - we have a AIX server for educational purposes. We had some Oracle applications running on them. The management decided not to extend the warranty, so we are left with a server that we cannot upgrade immediately. I was wondering if we could set up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
2 Replies

6. Programming

Perl script to create latex template.

Hi, I have XML file and I extracted some tags and stored in hash, my data as look like this $var1={ 'stud.xml'={ '24'=>'<address> <streetname="xxxx"/> <housenum="138"/"> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create EVIM template with SAS extension

I write lots of SAS programs and would like to create a script that allows me to have a template each time I create a new program file. Specs: I use EVIM for my editor. I run SAS in batch mode. We use RedHat 6. I don't use c shell. I want a script that will do the following: >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: starbecks
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with Install KVM and Create Virtual Machines VMWare In PC

Help with Install KVM and Create Virtual Machines VMWare In PC. I want to lean KVM bios Logical Volume Management by KVM and other problem fix remotely.So,I want to practice on my PC.It,s Possible then how? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: domaingood
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash/awk and for loop to create a template

Source File: google.cz http://czechrepublic.google.com/ http://czechrepublic.google.cz http://czechrepublic.google.com/ http://brno.google.cz http://brno.google.com/ Fail Code root@arisvm ~/g] $ cat trya rm -f ss for i in a.txt do #b=`cat $i|awk '{print $1}'` #c=`cat $i|awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Creating a VMware template

Hello, I am creating a Solaris 11 template on my ESXI host. I would like each VM that is deployed from the template to have its own unique host fingerprint. With Linux, I simply delete host keys, which causes new keys to be generated at bootup (new VM deployment) Is there a way to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firefoxx04
1 Replies
UP2DATE(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.							UP2DATE(8)

NAME
rhnsd - a program for quering the Red Hat Network for updates and information SYNOPSIS
rhnsd [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
rhnsd is a daemon process that runs in the background and periodically polls the Red Hat Network to see if there are any queued actions available. If any are queued, it runs them. rhnsd is typically started from the init scripts in /etc/init.d/rhnsd when it's time to poll the Red Hat Network servers for available updates and actions. The default interval is every 120 minutes. The minimum polling interval is 60 minutes. To check for updates, rhnsd runs an external program called rhn_check. This is a small application that actually makes the network connec- tion to Red Hat Networks. The rhnsd daemon does not listen on any network ports, nor does it ever talk to the network directly. Any network activity is done via the rhn_check utility. rhnsd can be configure by editing the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd config file. This is actually the configuration file the rhnsd init script /etc/init.d/rhnsd uses. -i, --interval Specify the interval that rhnsd should wait between checking the Red Hat Network. Default is 120 minutes, the minimum is 60 minutes. This can also be specified in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd -v, --verbose output more information about what rhnsd is doing. -f, --foreground force the rhnds process to run in the foreground instead of automatically backgrounding itself, as it does by default. FILES /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd Configuration settings for the rhnsd daemons init script. /usr/sbin/rhn_check The external program launched by rhnsd to connect to the Red Hat Network and retrieve any actions that have queued up. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid A certification that authenticates the client machine to the Red Hat Network. Generated via the up2date or rhnreg_ks utility. SEE ALSO
The rhnsd daemon is tightly coupled with Red Hat Network. Visit <http://www.redhat.com/network> for access or to sign up. rhn_check(8), up2date(8), up2date-config(8), AUTHORS
Written by Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> and Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999, 2000 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. 4th Berkeley Distribution Fri Feb 9 2001 UP2DATE(8)