Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to move .300 extension file from 1 dir to other and email Post 302945842 by sofia8679 on Wednesday 3rd of June 2015 03:13:09 PM
Old 06-03-2015
when i run the command i donot get the format i wanted.
I am looking for this format
Code:
The following files has been moved from /home/zaree to /home/zaree/test
1. a.beta
2. b.beta

sea-->the file are in /home/zaree directory like this /home/zaree/a.beta

---------- Post updated at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:07 PM ----------

i tried another code which worked on one server but other -E flag erroring out.
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash
#using "shopt -s nullglob" so that an empty directory won't give you a literal '*'
shopt -s nullglob #to make `("$src_dir"*.271)` works
src_dir="/home/zaree/ " 
dest_dir="/home/zaree/test/"
#manually remove both /tmp/error.txt and /tmp/moved.log which will append from time to time.
err_f="/tmp/error.txt"
mv_f="/tmp/moved.log" #record moved file in case network down
email="zaree@xyz.com"
export replyto="<noreply@xyz.com>"
touch "$err_f" #bcoz we use >> apppend
touch "$mv_f" #bcoz we use tee -a append

#mailx only one if mv encounter error, by using break to break early instead of exit 1
#because we still want to know which file has been moved before error occur.
if [ ! -d "$src_dir" ]; then echo|mailx -s "Error: directory $src_dir not exist" "$email" 2>>"$err_f"; exit 1; fi
if [ ! -d "$dest_dir" ]; then echo|mailx -s "Error: directory $dest_dir not exist" "$email" 2>>"$err_f"; exit 1; fi
{
f=("$src_dir"*.beta)
for ((i=0; i < ${#f[@]}; i+=1)); do
        mv -f "${f[i]}" "$dest_dir"  2>>"$err_f"; #-f do not prompt
#Advantage of cmd; if [ $? -eq 0 ] compare to implicitly if cmd is you can easily modify it
#to some other command which might require different return code.
        if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
                if [ "$i" -eq 0 ]; then echo "$(date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")"; echo "The following files has been moved from $src_dir to $dest_dir"; echo; fi
                echo "$((i+1))." "$(basename "${f[i]}")" ; echo;
        else
                 echo| mailx -s "Error:  $(<"$err_f")" "$email" 2>>"$err_f"; break
        fi
done

#mailx -E to avoid empty body, so it wouldn't sent if no file moved
} | tee -a "$mv_f" | mailx -E -s "File move Script" "$email" 2>>"$err_f"

Last edited by Don Cragun; 06-03-2015 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: Change ICODE tags to CODE tags and add CODE and ICODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move A File With Same Date,don't Change The Desitination Dir Date

Assume, I created one file three years back and I like to move the file to some other directory with the old date (Creation date)? Is it possible? Explain? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jee.ku2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script, trying to get tcpdump and rotate the file every 300 seconds

Greetings, I just started using scripting languages, im trying to get a tcpdump in a file, change the file name every 5mins ... this is what i have but its not working ... any suggestions? #!/bin/bash # timeout.sh #timestamp format TIMESTAMP=`date -u "+%Y%m%dT%H%M%S"` #tdump =`tcpdump... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to move files of particular day from one dir to another dir

Hi, I have hundered's of files of the name CMP_PORT_IN_P200903271623042437_20090328122430_err.xml in error directory of todays date ie 20090328 and in the file name 5th field specifies date only now i want to move all files of 20090328 to another directory i.e reprocess directory. So... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Script to move files to subdir depending on file extension.

Hi, First off I'm pretty new to scripting so please be gentle. I am looking for some help with a script that will move all files with a certain extension into a folder within their current location. Just for clarity I have all my photos organised in directories such as: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guinch
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to move the files from one dir to other other dir

Need a script to move the files from one dir to other dir and at the same time it has to read the log in the source dir. Please help me ASAP. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanathkishor
4 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Inquiry of .awo hidden dir with bin file inside .eeesync extension

Hi, Me i ask if someone knows about this hidden directory or it me knows where this dir associated with or in a program. I had and notices this .awo dir with bin files inside title 6770669_info.eeesync files in my directory. I wonder if this is associated with my backup program or any program... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files from dir and subdir to Archive with File name as complete path_filename

HI, I need to move all files from a dir & its all subdir to Archive folder which is indise dir only. and moved filename should changed to complete path ( Like Dir_subdir_subdir2_.._filename ). also all files names shoud capture in a file in order to mail I written below code ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: minijain7
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move all files in a dir into a certain dir

Hello all, I'm very new to shell scripting and need quite urgently to do this thing for my student job. I have a directory called "vectors" with a bunch of files all named ".vector". also i have for each of those files a directory with the name . I now want to move each of those *.vector files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherresh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove bad records from file and move them into a file then send those via email

Hi my requirement is that i want pull the bad records from input file and move those records in to a seperate file. that file has to be sent via email.. any suggentions please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sxk4999
1 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)