Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String variable as part of expression in find command Post 302945806 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 3rd of June 2015 04:39:50 AM
Old 06-03-2015
Where is the ${paths[]} array being set? Where is $k being set? The error you're getting sounds like ${paths[$k]} could be expanding to an empty string.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repacing part of string with a variable

I have following strings in a file DUPTASMTRMMBAL,20070416200704160117232101172321,,,,,,,@@@Y DUPTASMTRMMCON,20070416200704160127189901271899,,,,,,,@@@Y DUPTASMTRMMHG,,20070416200704160112051001120510,,,,,,,@@@Y What i need to do is replace the date 20070416 with anoth date which is stored in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: divz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using regular expression for directories in find command

Hi, I want to find the files available in a directory /var/user/*/*/data/. I tried using the command "find /var/user/ -path '*/*/data/ -name '*' -type f" it says find: 0652-017 -path is not a valid option and then i tried using "find /var/user/ -name '*/*/data/*' -type f" but its not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothbabu12
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the count and replace the particular part of string in perl?

Hi, I am taking the current time using localtime function in perl. For example if the time is: #Using localtime $time = "12:3:10"; I have to replace the value 3 (03) i.e second position to be 03. The output should be: 12:03:10 But if the other string for example: $str:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How read the part of the string into a variable?

Hi, I'm using bash and brand new to shell script. I would like to do the following. I have a string which is "UPDATE=1.0". I would like to read the value "1.0" alone in a variable. i.e the things afer "=" How do I do that? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptfriend
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the line starting with a pattern and save a part in variable

Hi i have a file which has mutiple line in it. inside that i have a pattern similar to this /abc/def/hij i want to fine the pattern starting with "/" and get the first word in between the the symbols "/" i.e. "abc" in this case into a variable. thanks in advance (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kichu
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find, regular expression, anyway to simplify this find command?

Hello everyone, first post here, trying to learn scripting on my own and this forum as been really helpful so far. I made few little scripts working great but I m facing some problems with RE. I have a bunch of files in many subdirectories called *001.ext *002.ext OR simple *.ext or *01.ext... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression in Find command [KSH]

Hello, I am trying to use regex wtih find command in KSH. For some reason it is not working as expected. Input: comm_000_abc_0102.c comm_000_abc.c 456_000_abc_1212.cpp 456_000_abc_.cpp Expected Output: comm_000_abc_0102.c kkm_000_abc_8888.cpp (Basically I want to find all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay4889
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command: names matching the expression

Hello all, I need to print directories using find command. The directories names contain date in the format YYYYMMDD or the name of directory is only the date format. I want print directories, which doesn't start with this date. E.g I have dirs like foo20120101 foo20120101foo 20120101foo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satin1321
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command substitution inside of a variable expression (AIX, KORN)

Hello all. This is my first post/question on this site. I’m a new Systems Analyst with previous experience with BASH. Although now I'm using AIX, and I’m trying to get a feel for the Korn shell (for those of you that don’t know AIX only uses the KORN shell). I hope I put this into the correct... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydox
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to find string in Variable in file2

Hi , I am executing 2 queries and output is saved in file1.txt and file2.txt example of file1.txt Testing word Doc.docx,/Lab/Development and Validation/Multitest/MT_010708/Testing,Development and Validation,root,11-Mar-2014,,,,, Testing Excel _.xlsx,/Lab/Development and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunil Mathapati
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-PATH(1) 						   systemd-path 						   SYSTEMD-PATH(1)

NAME
systemd-path - List and query system and user paths SYNOPSIS
systemd-path [OPTIONS...] [NAME...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-path may be used to query system and user paths. The tool makes many of the paths described in file-hierarchy(7) available for querying. When invoked without arguments, a list of known paths and their current values is shown. When at least one argument is passed, the path with this name is queried and its value shown. The variables whose name begins with "search-" do not refer to individual paths, but instead to a list of colon-separated search paths, in their order of precedence. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --suffix= The printed paths are suffixed by the specified string. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), file-hierarchy(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-PATH(1)