Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Do UNIX signals produce interrupts? Post 302945781 by Corona688 on Tuesday 2nd of June 2015 06:53:54 PM
Old 06-02-2015
These flags don't just sit there, they tell the kernel what to do. Setting one may mean the kernel has to take some action to accomplish what it's supposed to do.

This discussion is now crossing three different meanings of 'interrupt', by the by.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Unix/Linux Newbie(ish) Question - IPC/Signals

:) Hello, i have been given the following code to help me learn how to use signals, it won't compile. The problem maybe because this was written for use in Unix and i am trying to compile in Linux. The error i get says that SIGPIPE and SIG_IGN are undeclared. I think that these are defined... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theultimatechuf
2 Replies

2. Programming

Signals in Unix Solaris

I am doing a project to stimulate the scheduing policy of an OS under Unix Solaris. Its something like that: A process, say A will communicate to another process, which is the OS, and then execute the system call, pause(); The stimulated OS will then have to use sigsend(); to send a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heljy
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Does unix use interrupts?

I'm a freshman here and I have a simple question. Does unix use interrupts which is like Dos? Are they the same? Thx.:cool: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank_M
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

catching interrupts

hey i have been facing a problem,can you tell me if we can catch ctrl d in unix i have tried and sucessfully catched and disabled ctrl-c and ctrl -z but am not sure if we can do the same for CTRL-D, so got any clue mail on he forum or ...i mean c programming in Unix thats what i am working on (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toughguy2handle
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupts problems

Hi, My machine is a Unixware 7.1.3 is a files server, and I had never problem with that machine, but since two days, the machine presents slows problems, i think that the problem is te device interrupts, I had checked all and I dont found it any problem. Any idea? Thanks, (sorry my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: By_Jam
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Traps and Interrupts

Well, I don't know where exactly to ask this doubt so I'm asking in the newbie section. I was reading about traps and interrupts when I thought of traps as something that cease the control of the OS from the user and interrupts that cease the control yet provide support for multitasking. Am I right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
3 Replies

7. Linux

How to interrupts work queue with signals

Hi masters, I am doing a project to regulate network bandwidth. I am using workqueue to implement packets management (I uses kernel threads inside each of these work queue) , netfilter hooks to implement packet catcher . All my modules individually works fine . But when I run my workqueues,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about concept of Interrupts.

Hi all, I am new here ,i want to know about interrupts in detail.What r Interrupts .how they r handeled. Thanx in adavnce. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwasrao
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question about signals in Unix

Whats a signal 0. An exhaustive search on signals landed me nowhere. Is it possible to do something like this trap "echo $var" 0. If so what signal does this trap catch ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
2 Replies
ddi_intr_get_cap(9F)													      ddi_intr_get_cap(9F)

NAME
ddi_intr_get_cap, ddi_intr_set_cap - get or set interrupt capabilities for a given interrupt type SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/conf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_intr_get_cap(ddi_intr_handle_t h, int *flagsp); int ddi_intr_set_cap(ddi_intr_handle_t h, int flags); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). ddi_intr_get_cap() h DDI interrupt handle flagsp Pointer to the capability flags returned for this handle ddi_intr_set_cap() h DDI interrupt handle flags Contains the capability flag to be set The ddi_intr_get_cap() function returns the interrupt capability flags for the interrupt handle h. Upon a successful return, the flags are returned in the integer pointed to by the flagsp argument. These flags are typically combinations of the following: DDI_INTR_FLAG_EDGE For discrete interrupts, the host supports edge type of trigger. This flag is not returned for DDI_INTR_TYPE_MSI or DDI_INTR_TYPE_MSIX interrupt types. This is a read-write (RW) flag. DDI_INTR_FLAG_LEVEL For discrete interrupts the host supports level, edge, or both types of triggers. This flag is not returned for DDI_INTR_TYPE_MSI or DDI_INTR_TYPE_MSIX interrupt types. DDI_INTR_FLAG_MASKABLE The interrupt can be masked either by the device or by the host bridge, or optionally by the host. This is a read- only (RO) flag. DDI_INTR_FLAG_PENDING The interrupt supports an interrupt pending bit. This is a read-only (RO) flag. DDI_INTR_FLAG_BLOCK All interrupts of the given type must be block-enabled and are not individually maskable. This is a read-only (RO) flag. The ddi_intr_set_cap() function allows a driver to specify the capability flags for the interrupt handle h. Only DDI_INTR_FLAG_LEVEL and DDI_INTR_FLAG_EDGE flags can be set. Some drivers can support both level or edge capability and either can be set by using the ddi_intr_set_cap() function. Setting the capability flags is device and platform dependent. The ddi_intr_set_cap() function can be called after interrupts are allocated and prior to adding the interrupt handler. For all other times it returns failure. The ddi_intr_get_cap() and ddi_intr_set_cap() functions return: DDI_SUCCESS On success. DDI_EINVAL On encountering invalid input parameters. DDI_FAILURE On any implementation specific failure. DDI_ENOTSUP On device not supporting operation. CONTEXT
The ddi_intr_get_cap() and ddi_intr_set_cap() functions can be called from either user or kernel non-interrupt context. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ attributes(5), ddi_intr_alloc(9F), ddi_intr_block_enable(9F), ddi_intr_get_nintrs(9F), ddi_intr_get_pending(9F), ddi_intr_get_sup- ported_types(9F), ddi_intr_set_mask(9F) Consumers of these interfaces should verify that the return value is not equal to DDI_SUCCESS. Incomplete checking for failure codes could result in inconsistent behavior among platforms. 20 Apr 2005 ddi_intr_get_cap(9F)