Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare directory dates
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare directory dates Post 302945776 by thepentadactyl on Tuesday 2nd of June 2015 04:28:46 PM
Old 06-02-2015
if -d /var/logroot/$(date -d "yesterday" '+%Y-%m-%d')

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two dates

I have a log file with date format like 10-Oct-02 13:20:29 ..... at the beginning of each line in the log file, and I need to grep data from this file to list the lines with date no longer than one days. I tried to use awk to do this but it looks very complicated to do it. Is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wchen
6 Replies

2. Programming

How to compare two dates

Hi I am writing a unix program. In that, i should compare two dates. I would like to know how to compare two dates in unix-whether they are same or not. pls help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
5 Replies

3. Programming

How to compare dates in C/C++

Hi, Is there any system defined function to compare two dates in C/C++? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare dates

Hi Gurus I am getting the timestamp of the last generated log file its like this "Oct 31 10:26" I want to compare this timestamp with the current date in shell script. I want to compare if the (timestamp-currentime) > 10 minutes how do i do this. Thanks Ragha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the dates..

Hi all, I've written a script which gives the below information... End Date&Time: 2008-10-21 10.54.37 Now i want to calculate this time with the current time.. and if its more than 48 hours past with the current time it should echo "48 Hours back" Please help me.. thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare between the two dates

Hi all, How to check whether the given the two dates is minimal. example: Date 1 : 23-03-2008 with timestamp Date 2: 20-03-2008 With tmestamp I want to compare the twodates and which it gives the minimum date i wnat to get the output like this below output: the Date2 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji23_d
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare dates

I want to compare a list of dates in a file with today's date & list only dates that are less than only 60 days old . please help . the date in the file are in format 11-FEB-2009 02-FEB-2009 26-JAN-2009 24-JAN-2009 13-JAN-2009 16-DEC-2008 10-DEC-2008 01-DEC-2008 25-NOV-2008 19-NOV-2008... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The Best Way to Compare Dates

Hi to all. When you have to compare a lot of dates in a SH code, there is a way to directly compare? For example, how can I check if two dates differ in less than a week? Thank's for reading. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel.gbaena
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Compare dates

Hi, I want to convert two datetime fields to find out if the difference is one hour, in linux I've done this by converting both the datetime values to unix epoch time and subtracting them to find out if the difference is more than 3600s, however this does not work in hp-ux. I've these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Random_Net
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Dates.

Hi All, I am entering StartDate and EndDate as parameters to script. Want to have an check saying, "If StartDate is greater than EndDate then don't execute the script". Pseudo Code: if then Execute script else exit 0 fi Can you please help me on the same? Thanks and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
4 Replies
Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)

NAME
Date::Manip::Migration5to6 - how to upgrade from 5.xx to 6.00 SYNOPSIS
When upgrading from Date::Manip 5.xx to 6.00, a few changes may be necessary to your scripts. The Date::Manip::Changes5to6 document lists in more detail the ways in which Date::Manip changed, but very few of these actually entail changes to your script. It should be noted that once the changes are made to your script, it will no longer run correctly in 5.xx. NECESSARY AND SUGGESTED CHANGES
The following changes are necessary, or strongly suggested: Reading config files with Date_Init If you use Date_Init to read any config files (if you do business mode calculations, you probably do), you should remove all of the following config variables from your call to Date_Init: GlobalCnf=FILE PersonalCnf=FILE PathSep=* IgnoreGlobalCnf=* PersonalCnfPath=* and replace them with: ConfigFile=FILE where FILE is now the full path to a config file. Also, the ConfigFile argument should be the first argument in Date_Init. Date_ConvTZ The Date_ConvTZ function has changed. It should now take 3 arguments: $date = Date_ConvTZ($date,$from,$to); If $from is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. If $to is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. The date is converted from the $from time zone into the $to time zone. Both should be any time zone (or alias) supported by Date::Manip. The old $errlevel argument is no longer handled. ConvTZ and TZ config variables If you use either the ConvTZ or TZ config variables, you should replace them with either SetDate or ForceDate. See the Date::Manip::Config document for information. Other deprecated config variables Most of the deprecated config variables continue to function (though they will be removed at a future date). These include: GlobalCnf IgnoreGlobalCnf PersonalCnf PersonalCnfPath PathSep TZ Internal The following variables have been removed. If you use any of them, you may need to modify your scripts: ConvTZ TodayIsMidnight DeltaSigns UpdateCurrTZ today, yesterday, tomorrow If you parse the strings "today", "yesterday", or "tomorrow" in order to get the time now, or 24 hours in the past/future, this will no longer work. These strings now refer strictly to the date (so "today" is the current day at midnight, "yesterday" is the previous day at midnight, etc.). To get the time now, 24 hours ago, or 24 hours in the future, you would need to parse the strings "now", "-24:00:00", or "+24:00:00" respectively. Do not use Memoize In 5.xx, it was documented that you could use the module Memoize to speed up Date::Manip, especially when sorting dates. This information is no longer accurate. Using Memoize in conjuction with Date::Manip should have little impact on performance, and may lead to incorrect results, especially if you change config variables. Please see the Date::Manip::Changes5to6 (GENERAL CHANGES) document for more information. If you find other instances where it is necessary to modify your script, please email me so that I can add that information to this document. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip - main module documentation LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.12.1 2010-01-12 Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)