Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Issues in Csv file transfer copy from one dir to another Post 302945554 by Don Cragun on Sunday 31st of May 2015 02:43:31 AM
Old 05-31-2015
What editor did you use when you modified this script to run on Widows? You might get output like this if some of the lines in the script are terminated by <carriage-return><newline> character pairs instead of the UNIX <newline> line terminators (without the <carriage-return>s)...

Show us the output from the command:
Code:
od -bc < pumelatxf.ksh

If you see \r as well as \n in that output, try running the command:
Code:
tr -d '\r' < pumelatxf.ksh > xyzzy && cp xyzzy pumelatxf.ksh && rm xyzzy

and, if that succeeds, try running it again with:
Code:
bash -xv pumelatxf.ksh

and show us the output that produces.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy a file to a directory ,where file and dir are sent as args to a function?

Hi all, I wanted to know how i can copy a file to a directory and then verify if that file is completely copied or not? Now the issues here is that the dir and the source file are to be sent as arguments to a function( this function should actually copy the files to a dir, then check if its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

CPIO Problem, copy to the root dir / instead of current dir

HI all, I got a CPIO archive that contains a unix filesystem that I try to extract, but it extract to the root dir / unstead of current dir, and happily it detects my file are newer otherwise it would have overwrited my system's file! I tried all these commands cpio -i --make-directories <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nekkro-kvlt
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Transfer issues SUN - > AIX

Hi, I'm puzzled at how this could be. I'm trying to transfer some files from an Sun box to an AIX box via FTP. The file transfer goes fine until it reaches a file of about 150k then times out and fails. The FTP Does not seem to be able to transfer files of more than 150k! However, I can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy dir/file from one place to another.

Hello all. I'm not getting the hang of Paths. I have a dir w/files that I want to copy to another dir. Right now I am in the "source" directory. I want to copy it to Ch7. "cp -r source Ch7". Ch7 was already created. 1st msg.: cannot stat `source`: No such file or dir. I typed pwd & got... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Files to Dir and Check If File Exists

Hi everyone. I am trying to write a bash script that will copy files from one directory to another but I need to be able to check the directory that I'm copying the files to and see if the file already exists. If it does I need to add a number at the end of the copied file. Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from input file with dir structure

hi, I want to copy files from source directory based on input file (or output of previous command) and i want to have the SAME DIRECTORY STRUCTURE. Note that i will have other files and directories which i dont want to copy to destination. For example, dir source has following content:... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
22 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if some file is in copy process, then transfer it

my user copy large files, and it's take 10min for file to be copied to the server (/tmp/user/ files/), if in the meantime start my scheduled script, then it will copy a part of some file to server1 my idea is to check the file size twice in a short period (1-2 seconds) of time, then compare, if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: waso
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files and subdirs from dir to a new dir

Hello Comunity I am trying to make a bash shell script that it copies files and subdirs(with files) to a new dir. I would like the dest_dir to contain only subdirectories with files not other subdirs inside. it called : cpflatdir src_dir dest_dir Pleaze help me! Thank you in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BTKBaaMMM
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Secure Copy - File Transfer between 2 server

Using RCP command we can transfer file from one server to another server. While transferring we can rename the file also e.g. File name = FILE123.txt (lying on Source server = oldserver) Target Server Name = newyour Renamed File = FILE456.txt rcp FILE123.txt newyour:./FILE456.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching between directories and mkdir/copy dir/file

I was trying to copy the files inside the path /home/user/check/Q1/dir/folder1/expected/n/a1.out1 and a1.out2 and a1.out3 to /home/user/check/Q2/dir/folder1/expected/n/ if n directory is not present at Q2/dir/folder1/expected/ then directory should be created first. And, script follow the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Locale::Codes::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::Script(3)